SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of February 2013 part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/284688-class-february-2013-part-2-a.html)

Goose1 02-19-2013 08:38 AM

This is a pretty Cool place! We have Englanders, Aussies, New Zealanders and a South Sea'er. Never been to those parks, but got to say you all live in beautiful places. Been to Europe, but not the UK. It must be hard to avoid those Pubs.

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 08:55 AM

Yes it is deeper. It's years of not asking for help from my kids/husband and just doing and giving. I don't know why this has always been a problem for me.

Yesterday was really weird. I am usually easy going - never angry. However I have been in denial and avoiding these issues for a long time. Everytime I have tried to ask for help or to set boundaries and I get any kind of resistance I just get quiet; pretend it doesn't bother me; shut down; and usually just go up to my room and feel sorry for myself. But I guess that whole time anger and resentment was building.

I need to set some boundaries that I feel good about and stick to them.

Auser 02-19-2013 10:14 AM

Day 17

Doing well having a ok day at work. Havent really felt any issues with not drinking

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 10:30 AM

Hello February Friends

Hello my February Friends,

Day 3. Feeling Blah... At work not enjoying myself too much.

On the bright side - I did wake up sober, which after my day yesterday was a miracle; I did get out of bed and not call in sick; I was only 2 mins late and I am not having urges at the moment.

Will check in later. Hope you all have a great day!

Goose1 02-19-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by PreciousKitty (Post 3825560)
Hello my February Friends,

Day 3. Feeling Blah... At work not enjoying myself too much.

On the bright side - I did wake up sober, which after my day yesterday was a miracle; I did get out of bed and not call in sick; I was only 2 mins late and I am not having urges at the moment.

Will check in later. Hope you all have a great day!

Right there with you Precious Kitty. I have this cycle that I'm on every time (to high to count) after I binge. Hungover guilt, Monday work anxiety, Tuesday blahs, then slowly but surely I start to come around. What a merry-go-round; it's a cycle I have to get off. After 22 days I was feeling pretty darn good. Almost a natural high. Sometimes I just don't know what to do! It's a feeling of being helpless. But not hopeless. Today I have hope!

Pamel 02-19-2013 12:11 PM

Maybe it is the Tuesday blahs, but I am definitely having sudden drink signals. Don't plan to act on them, but when you have created discomfort all around you along with trying not to drink, a husband who is not sure he wants any more of this (and thought he could "solve" my problem- now resents time in AA) ...

Just whining.

Dee74 02-19-2013 12:17 PM

stay connected to SR Pamel - tons of support here :)

D

Goose1 02-19-2013 12:37 PM

but I am definitely having sudden drink signals. Just whining.[/QUOTE]

Pamel "The stuff is Poison!"

melissa6381 02-19-2013 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by PreciousKitty (Post 3825439)
Yes it is deeper. It's years of not asking for help from my kids/husband and just doing and giving. I don't know why this has always been a problem for me.

So glad you made it through the night sober! Whenever I get sober for a length of time I realize all the psychological stuff I've been neglecting ( as well as physical, house keeping, etc.) Most people deal with their problems as they go but I feel like I stunt my growth by drinking things away and have to deal with them all at once when I "come too".

I remember clearly the first time I quit drinking and came out of my haze- I was watching tv, 25 years old and something triggered me to cry about stuff from high school- but I finally let myself go through and process all those emotions for the first time 7 years after the fact. Since I started drinking at 17 that's the psychological age I was stuck at- if that makes sense?

I went through a similar thing last night where I had a memory of eating lunch alone in he bathroom because I was so shy in HS and had no friends. I felt like an outsider- these days iI am outgoing and the life of the party- but now that I'm going to be the sober person at the party I am becoming an outsider once again. I just kind of let myself go through those uncomfortable emotions and realized I'm older now and confident and ill be ok.

Day 10- double digits!!! Love you all <3

TigerLili 02-19-2013 12:52 PM

Day 4!

Jimuk 02-19-2013 01:01 PM

Hi all, I've been on SR a while now, June group to start then September and now February if you'll have me. I have a great affection for my previous classes and I still visit September always. I think I need more help now as I'm having trouble staying sober, this is my last day 1. I was sad and upset yesterday with many things and chose to drink again. This has to be the last time, no more remorse or regrets now.

Thanks Jim

venuscat 02-19-2013 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Jimuk (Post 3825831)
Hi all, I've been on SR a while now, June group to start then September and now February if you'll have me. I have a great affection for my previous classes and I still visit September always. I think I need more help now as I'm having trouble staying sober, this is my last day 1. I was sad and upset yesterday with many things and chose to drink again. This has to be the last time, no more remorse or regrets now.

Thanks Jim

Welcome to our group Jim,

Glad ur here ~ hope today is a good day for you.

Day 17...still exhausted beyond belief....a huge day ahead of me, a little nervous....so much to do , and still not feeling very well....

Keeping it as simple as possible today,
Venus xx:)

Dee74 02-19-2013 01:19 PM

welcome Jim :)

D

Jimuk 02-19-2013 01:47 PM

Thanks Dee for all of your support you are an amazing person. ;-)

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 01:54 PM

If it helps; whine away Pamel, but don't bury yourself in SP (that's bad stuff) :)

I can relate to thinking the husband would solve everything. That was a sad realisation for me. Now I have to be honest about the fact that maybe he has added to the prob?? I'm so confused.

It is a hard balance for me to see things for how they are, and hold others accountable, but also to make sure I blaming someone if it's maybe me??? Very confused when I have to deal with my life. I guess that is why I have been in denial for so long.

Smiles 4 u!

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 01:57 PM

Yes Dee u really are. And I have only known you for a week or so. Darn Amazing!:c029:

Dee74 02-19-2013 02:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys - just doing my job :)

D

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 02:19 PM

I forgot thae part that we go back to the age we were when we started drinking. Thanks for the reminder. That makes my behavior more interesting.

Originally Posted by melissa6381 (Post 3825789)
So glad you made it through the night sober! Whenever I get sober for a length of time I realize all the psychological stuff I've been neglecting ( as well as physical, house keeping, etc.) Most people deal with their problems as they go but I feel like I stunt my growth by drinking things away and have to deal with them all at once when I "come too".

I remember clearly the first time I quit drinking and came out of my haze- I was watching tv, 25 years old and something triggered me to cry about stuff from high school- but I finally let myself go through and process all those emotions for the first time 7 years after the fact. Since I started drinking at 17 that's the psychological age I was stuck at- if that makes sense?

I went through a similar thing last night where I had a memory of eating lunch alone in he bathroom because I was so shy in HS and had no friends. I felt like an outsider- these days iI am outgoing and the life of the party- but now that I'm going to be the sober person at the party I am becoming an outsider once again. I just kind of let myself go through those uncomfortable emotions and realized I'm older now and confident and ill be ok.

Day 10- double digits!!! Love you all <3

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 02:21 PM

Simple is good, Kittycat cuz. lol

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 3825852)
Welcome to our group Jim,

Glad ur here ~ hope today is a good day for you.

Day 17...still exhausted beyond belief....a huge day ahead of me, a little nervous....so much to do , and still not feeling very well....

Keeping it as simple as possible today,
Venus xx:)

PreciousKitty 02-19-2013 02:24 PM

Well at least someone is. lol As I sit here bored at work being unproductive.