SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I Will Wear Pants (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/284266-today-i-will-wear-pants.html)

Huglets 02-14-2013 08:13 AM

Today I Will Wear Pants

Lately I've been marinating in self-pity and negative thoughts.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I am giving myself the gift of wearing pants.....real pants. Not PJ pants and not sweatpants. Real pants. The kind with a zipper and a button. I'm even going to go all out and wear a belt. Woo hoo. Might even put on a bra and everything.....

I'm doing this because continual self-pity will lead me back to where I don't want to go - drinking.

Plus, I'm learning to love myself. And I'm worth it. So, if you've been wallowing as well, I urge you to get out of your comfy clothes today!!:c029:

AlisonW 02-14-2013 08:22 AM

Sometimes I do the laundry and when I go to put it away it seems all that's there is pajamas and comfy pants... I wonder where all my "real clothes" are but apparently I'm not wearing any.. other than at work where I am required to dress up, it's sweats as soon as I get into the house. But it feels good to look good, even if it's only for a run to the grocery store. I forget sometimes the boost that comes from feeling good about the way I look - and I need all the self esteem boosts I can get. Some days even cute jeans and a little makeup can work wonders. I know I deserve to look good for reasons other than just "have to."
Today I share in your celebration of real pants!! :c018:

SophieB 02-14-2013 08:29 AM

I share in the real pants celebration:). Love this site ...tuning in often makes me laugh.:You_Rock_

peaches71 02-14-2013 08:36 AM

I'm IN thank you, going to get dressed now, and hair and make-up to!!!

nel68 02-14-2013 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by SoberFallon (Post 3818648)
Lately I've been marinating in self-pity and negative thoughts.

In honor of Valentine's Day, I am giving myself the gift of wearing pants.....real pants. Not PJ pants and not sweatpants. Real pants. The kind with a zipper and a button. I'm even going to go all out and wear a belt. Woo hoo. Might even put on a bra and everything.....

I'm doing this because continual self-pity will lead me back to where I don't want to go - drinking.

Plus, I'm learning to love myself. And I'm worth it. So, if you've been wallowing as well, I urge you to get out of your comfy clothes today!!:c029:

SoberFallon love your post!! I to was kinda living in my pj pants and then a few weeks ago I'm like ugh!!!:gaah I hate the way I was feeling/looking...So everyday I been putting on cloths even if I'm not going anywhere,fix my hair, makeup,hoop earrings..lol..hoop earrings always makes me feel good;) paint my nails etc...I feel so much better then looking like a couch potao...lol...If I do wear something easy/comfortable I make sure it doesn't look to pathetic looking...So cheers to you girlie for putting on pants! :)

whiskeyman 02-14-2013 09:08 AM

oh yes, hoop earring always make me feel better too.
kidding, i am a guy, hahah

SophieB 02-14-2013 09:46 AM

Maybe you should try the hoops whiskey man...it just might make you feel better hee:)

AlisonW 02-14-2013 09:51 AM

whiskeyman, if hoops make you feel better I say go for it!!

soberlicious 02-14-2013 09:52 AM

I wear hoops almost every day...when it's not hoops it's some weirdly interesting ear bobs.

A great pair of shoes always pulls me out of a funk.

Everything can be going to hell in a handbasket, but then I look down and I'm like..."but damn these shoes are cute"

grandma12 02-14-2013 10:02 AM

Im in also hair and makeup, boy will my hubby be surprised

nel68 02-14-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by whiskeyman (Post 3818704)
oh yes, hoop earring always make me feel better too.
kidding, i am a guy, hahah

I just google mens hoop earrings and they are nice!! There ya go whiskeyman, you can feel the power of hoops, If your ear/ears are pierced ;)

SophieB 02-14-2013 10:13 AM

How's about we throw on some perfume/cologne too!!

nel68 02-14-2013 10:19 AM

I'm putting on some red lipstick to match my nails!!:ValD014:...Its Valentine's day, why not ;)

AlisonW 02-14-2013 10:23 AM

I'm actually wearing heels and a dress, but I'm at work right now so I guess that doesn't really count!
What a good looking bunch we all are today!!

escapist 02-14-2013 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by soberlicious (Post 3818747)
I wear hoops almost every day...when it's not hoops it's some weirdly interesting ear bobs.

A great pair of shoes always pulls me out of a funk.

Everything can be going to hell in a handbasket, but then I look down and I'm like..."but damn these shoes are cute"

Victorias Secret catalog came in. Shoes. Pink ones OMG!! I played it cool and listened to my conservative voice. Bought a pair of bone colored shoes. Yesterday I bought a red dress.
Alison, I am still finding my regular clothes. It is exciting when something fits again. I blew up like a pregnant ox when I was drinking.

amberbris 02-14-2013 10:41 AM

Wearing pants is good.

Rachelmichelle 02-14-2013 11:11 AM

Lol i loved this post. I'm actually a very pretty girl, but my wardrobe has always lacked stlye and comfort has always come first. But i too shall dawn real pants today! :)

soberlicious 02-14-2013 11:17 AM

ooohhh bone shoes...fab
and escapist how cool to be getting a whole bunch of "new" clothes. I love that.

Today I have on red gingham heels with a bow...retro valentine.

peaches71 02-14-2013 11:23 AM

My Hubby is in Afghanistan, DID it just for me....... Would like my daughter to stop saying where are we going when I actually do get made up??? LOL out of the mouths of babes, and ty Soberfallon best idea ever, and Food for thought about continuing the trend:thanks:You_Rock_

Coldfusion 02-14-2013 11:53 AM

1. I keep trying to post in the "why are you a better lover" thread, but every time I click "Submit Reply," the phone lines start sparking and my computer crashes.

2. I have finally put my pants on.

3. My wife hates pants. It's like, why do some guys enjoy riding a bicycle?

:react