SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Today I Will Wear Pants (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/284266-today-i-will-wear-pants.html)

Critica76 02-14-2013 12:00 PM

WOOOO HOOOO I love this post! Pants up!

CharlieNoogan 02-14-2013 12:08 PM

Interesting thread.

I think I will dust off the tuxedo today and go take care of my grocery shopping.

bigsombrero 02-14-2013 12:28 PM

LOVE this post. Forever I sat in my home in flannel pants, socks, slippers and a sweater wondering why I felt so glum. Now I make it a point every day, even if I don't have plans, to jump in that shower, put on some jeans at least, a collared shirt (I'm a guy) a belt, and some nice shoes. Even if the only person who sees me is taking my coffee order at the cafe down the street, I feel better about myself.

Great to see you bring this up! It does matter, doesn't it!!!??

paul99 02-14-2013 02:38 PM

Awesome thread, I must say. Can't add to it other than saying it made me smile.

Fandy 02-14-2013 05:25 PM

Look good and feel better!
I chuckled at the sentence "might even put on a bra".
Even if i feel craptastic i am sure to shower, dress, make-up and blow dry my mop...the dog compliments me.
But after work i am wearing my black flannel sweats with the white scotty dogs on them...only in the house...and the "Ahh" bra, lol.:gaah

AlisonW 02-14-2013 05:40 PM

Fandy - lol @ "ahh bra" !! - Me too! Love it when a bra is an accomplishment... :blush:

Fandy 02-14-2013 05:57 PM

It is a actually a brand of a knit sports bra, no underwires to bite me.

Anna 02-14-2013 06:00 PM

I love your attitude.

Sometimes we need to go the extra mile to help ourselves to feel good. :)

quitforme79 02-14-2013 06:07 PM

Love this post...good for you! I always say if I don't feel well I can look well and that picks me up no matter what.

kizzy40 02-14-2013 06:49 PM

Oh, this is just what I needed....:You_Rock_ thankyou so much :thanks

renaldo 02-14-2013 08:35 PM

She wore black spandex

A spoof on the song "She Wore Blue Velvet."

But seriously ladies, you don't need to wear makeup. You look good as you are. That's just one person's opinion, but I find makeup gross and unnecessary.

FreeFall 02-14-2013 08:45 PM

Great post-thanks for the laughs! It does make a difference when we make an effort to look nice. I find it changes my whole attitude.

However, nothing feels better than crawling into "cozy clothes" and taking the bra off at the end of a long day :)

renaldo 02-14-2013 10:34 PM

I don't see the need for a bra either. People are going to find out how you really look eventually. Or perhaps I'm overlooking some practical considerations since I'm a man and not well versed in breast maintenance.

Fandy 02-15-2013 03:07 AM

Obviously Renaldo.
It has to do with support to prevent tissue from sagging, even if the pectoral muscles are firm, bouncing is very uncomfortable, so is back pain, and gravity can make it unattractive.
As for make-up? My natural complexion is the color of xerox paper. Or as my daughter tells me, i look dead.:scorebad

soberlicious 02-15-2013 04:12 AM

lol "breast maintenance"
Yeah...they're cool and all, but they do require a certain amount of "upkeep" so to speak.

Huglets 02-15-2013 04:55 AM

Thanks for participating in my day of real pant wearing! You have all made me giggle and it feels great! What a bunch of good lookin' sober people.

Hee hee hee Renaldo......breast maintenance?!? The sad fact is that I'm a small gal. That means small all over, so I can easily get away with not wearing a bra. But I'm cool with it. I'm watching all the ladies my age fight with their sagging boobies and mine are still perky. They ain't going anyway!

By the way, I DID wear pants yesterday. And I didn't even go anywhere! But it felt good. I'm not a big fan of this unemployment business.

In an effort to continue to feel better yesterday I also experienced a rather unpleasant experience with wax......it wasn't pretty. It involved having wax all over my fingertips, bits of cotton ball stuck to both my fingertips & upper lip. The good news is at the end of it all, I did manage to rid myself of that jungle on my upper lip.

Anyway, today will be another real pant day! Taking my daughter to get her hair cut & highlights for her 21st birthday! Can't wait to spend some time with her.

Gonna be a good day!

soberlicious 02-15-2013 05:59 AM

The good news is at the end of it all, I did manage to rid myself of that jungle on my upper lip.
lol...after many a waxing debacle, I discovered threading. If you can find someone who does it in your area you may want to try it. I highly recommend.

Critica76 02-15-2013 06:05 AM

Yup, me too. I am smiling like an idiot at my computer screen reading all of this conversation:rotfxko. ALL OF YOU MADE MY DAY!

AlisonW 02-15-2013 06:32 AM

The one time I tried to wax myself, I decided it would be a good idea to have a few drinks first... needless to say, wax everywhere, was pulling the strips in the wrong direction so no hair came out anyway, and ended up with blue fuzz stuck to my waxy legs from my sweatpants... oh well, reason # 5,268,985 not to drink...
I'm in a skirt and heels again! Hanging out at a friend's house later, thought about just bringing sweats to change into but brought jeans and cute shoes instead.. this thread is inspiring on top of hilarious!
Work it gang!

Fandy 02-15-2013 06:45 AM

Sally Hanson Cold Wax Strips....idiot proof and not very ouchy. I've been using them for at least 10 years, they cost about $7.00 for a big box that lasts over a year for me. I warm them with my hair dryer and can do my upper lip, underside of the chin and the sides of fuzz in about 3 mins...wash your face first, do not apply any mositurizer.