SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   This is my last chance (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/283195-my-last-chance.html)

venuscat 02-04-2013 01:57 AM

thank u....."hope is the thing with feathers..."
my soul is singing a little, it may be faint, but ur supoort is so awesome.....thank u!!!!!

venuscat 02-05-2013 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat (Post 3804332)
All the best venuscat. Don't just rely on your own willpower, after all you've been addicted for a long time and your alcoholic voice ain't going to go quietly. I say this not to discourage you in any way, just to suggest you marshal your support and have a plan for dealing with the cravings and possibly withdrawal.
Have you contacted any health professionals, or AA or some other support network?

Dearest FeelingGreat,

Thank you for your message ~ I am 3 days sober, and filled with gratitude....and I believe you are completely right.....I cannot do this on my own. I have this site, my boyfriend's support, my AA/NA readings and when I can afford the petrol, I will begin regular meetings.

I spent so many hours in the chat room yesterday.....didn't leave. It kept me safe, and it was the first time I have done something productive with my evening in a very long time.

I am going to reach 50years of age sober, (on Sunday) and I finally understand that it just might not be too late for me. So I am willing, and I am ready.

Thank yo so much for your advice, and I hope that you really are feeling great!

sincerely, Venus :tyou:ghug3

venuscat 03-22-2013 04:42 AM

Hello my SR friends,

Today I am 47 days sober. Quite a miracle for me. I decided to come back and read this thread after someone in my Class of Feb forum suggested it.

It seems like such a long time ago, and I feel so sad and heartbroken for the woman I was. Also, a little amazed, because that woman doesn't exist anymore.

I can remember the agony and the depths of despair, but it as if I am looking at a past life, a time filled with indescribable shame and self loathing that no longer belongs to me.

But I am glad beyond words that I came back and looked ~ I never, ever want to forget this. This was where my disease took me, and this is the very place I will return to if I do not stay vigilant and committed to my recovery, one day at a time, always.

Thank you God.

And thank you to everyone on SR.

your very grateful friend,

Venus xx

ReadyAtLast 03-22-2013 04:49 AM

that's great news venuscat,well done

Nonsensical 03-22-2013 04:50 AM

Sober, saucy, sexy and a semi-century. Well done!

LSC1 03-22-2013 04:59 AM

Hey Venus
Wow a another belly button birthday in chat. A sober 50th is really something to look forward o. Your not alone your stuck with us. Have a good weekend. I am in Sydney. Not sure when I will be back on chat
Take care
Cheers

MSweeney 03-22-2013 05:58 AM

Ignore. Can't find delete!

MSweeney 03-22-2013 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 3874916)
Hello my SR friends,

Today I am 47 days sober. Quite a miracle for me. I decided to come back and read this thread after someone in my Class of Feb forum suggested it.

It seems like such a long time ago, and I feel so sad and heartbroken for the woman I was. Also, a little amazed, because that woman doesn't exist anymore.

I can remember the agony and the depths of despair, but it as if I am looking at a past life, a time filled with indescribable shame and self loathing that no longer belongs to me.

But I am glad beyond words that I came back and looked ~ I never, ever want to forget this. This was where my disease took me, and this is the very place I will return to if I do not stay vigilant and committed to my recovery, one day at a time, always.

Thank you God.

Venus xx

One word - Awesome!

2granddaughters 03-22-2013 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 3874916)
Hello my SR friends,

Thank you God.

Venus xx

Congrats, Venus, I'm very interested in what you have done in the last 47 days to achieve your goal?

All the best.

Bob R

RightLAine 03-22-2013 06:28 AM

Your not alone! Today is my day 1 (again and my last) we can do this together!!

LadyinBC 03-22-2013 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 3804316)
Last night I asked myself the question: is it possible to be happy without alcohol and drugs? And I realised that I don't know the answer. It might be very possible, but I never give myself the chance to find out....

Yes it really is possible. I didn't think I could be happy without the booze. 8 months sober and I'm happy, content and have a bit of peace. It feels good.

fini 03-22-2013 07:27 AM

so cool that you came back to this thread with the good news!

almost as cool as the good news:)