SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I don't miss... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/277149-i-dont-miss.html)

pattyj 12-10-2012 12:16 PM

I don't miss...

I don't miss the smell of alcohol coming out of your pores when you are hungover. No matter how many showers you take, the smell never lessens.

I don't miss the dry month after a night of drinking.

I I don't miss chugging water and then throwing it up because my stomach can't handle it.

Oh the things I don't miss about drinking. I bet we could make a list that went on forever!

Critica76 12-10-2012 12:21 PM

I don't miss feeling so terrible when hearing stories of what I did while drunk.
I don't miss that anxiety that comes with being drunk/hungover!

EnderWiggin 12-10-2012 12:25 PM

i thought i was the only one that was stinky. i would shower twice daily...and the area behind my ears was always so stinky no matter what! since i quit drinking (day 12 here), the smell went away. i never made the connection that it was the booze.

MIRecovery 12-10-2012 12:53 PM

There was so much vodka coming out of my pores I was suprized I did not catch fire. Now we know how spontanious human combustion is possible

pattyj 12-10-2012 12:58 PM

I don't miss my lower back hurting... probably from all the poison in my liver.

I don't miss the bloating. My stomach and arms were so swollen.

I don't miss dry heaving while brushing my teeth.

pattyj 12-10-2012 12:59 PM

I am now always cold. I used to be either sweating out the alcohol or getting hot from drinking it. But I will take a fleece and scarf any day over being hot and gross.

Delilah1 12-10-2012 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MIRecovery (Post 3712021)
There was so much vodka coming out of my pores I was suprized I did not catch fire. Now we know how spontanious human combustion is possible

This made me laugh:c031:

Delilah1 12-10-2012 01:17 PM

-12 extra pounds
-Rudolph nose
-Glassy eyes

I could go on, but I am starting to get a negative self image!!!:)

jsch 12-10-2012 01:21 PM

I don't miss the horrendous hangovers. I don't miss trying to figure out how much money I spent the night before! I don't miss the endless cycle of pain, anxiety, tension, and depression.

bexxed 12-10-2012 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by pattyj (Post 3712034)
I don't miss dry heaving while brushing my teeth.

Whoa.... that's from alcohol? It is, isn't it?! I'd started dry heaving randomly, every once in awhile. I'd had no idea why.

...I don't miss having to wear my sunglasses every second I'm outside.

I don't miss turning my nose up at joy just because I feel like crap.

I don't miss the smell, on my skin, in my pillow.

pattyj 12-10-2012 01:25 PM

There is so much crazy crap that we don't miss about drinking. I just need to remind myself of these 'symptoms' whenever I get the urge to drink.

Geenie 12-10-2012 01:34 PM

I don't miss the first pee of the morning smelling like pure oak aged Chardonnay.

Geenie 12-10-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 3712096)
-12 extra pounds
-Rudolph nose
-Glassy eyes

I could go on, but I am starting to get a negative self image!!!:)

I was getting the Rudolph nose as well. It really shocked me when I first noticed the redness coming. I am glad to say that at 12 weeks sober it has all but gone.

lilgolden73 12-10-2012 01:48 PM

I don't miss....feeling like I HAVE to stop at the store just for wine, or only deciding on restaurants that serve alcohol, or making sure I had a cup with me that had a lid at all times, just in case I needed a drink....the list goes on....sad I know!

MIRecovery 12-10-2012 01:49 PM

Similar Thread, You might be an alcoholic if.....

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...oholic-if.html

Zencat 12-10-2012 03:05 PM

I don't miss... feeling like a total failure in life.

gr8t2bme 12-10-2012 03:21 PM

I don't miss the blackouts and not remembering what I did the night before.

Flounder 12-10-2012 03:29 PM

PattyJ

See you are from Lynnwood WA. Lived there 3 years. Lovely State but had to get a sun lamp to ward off the 10 months of rain and gray. I drank a lot when I lived there.

I do not miss the morning shakes and dry heaves or having to drink a half pint just to feel right in the morning.

Wastinglife 12-10-2012 03:31 PM

hi Patty,
You nailed it!! I was recently fired when I showed up the first day at a new job and they smelled booze coming out of my pores. I took a long, hot shower, put on copious amounts of deordorant, rinsed mouthwash, ate a big breakfast. I was fine until after lunch. I started to sweat a little in the afternoon and everyone noticed the stench of booze.

IWillWin 12-10-2012 06:19 PM

The dry heaving while brushing my teeth! Eureaka! I never put the two together!!! It started happening toward the end of my drinking and I just assumed it was some weird age thing. LOL!

Needless to say, I now realize it has stopped happening...huh, learn something new every sober day :)