SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My sister just overdosed (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/27266-my-sister-just-overdosed.html)

In memory of miracle 04-09-2004 08:34 PM

My sister just overdosed

I am posting this about 5 minutes after the ambulance has left with my sister.once again she has overdosed and will live thru it.I went downstairs and heard her gasping I tried to wake her and she was unresponsive,her skin was cold and her lips were turning blue.Not only did I lose a friend today,my sister almost died too.This is about the fifth time the medics have been here for her in as many months.The craziest part of it was when they revived her she immediatly started lyin!!!All this in the name of pain managment!!What a crock!I am really sick and tired of this nonsense....thank god it wasnt me ridin in the back of that bus tonite.But for the grace of god..thanks for listenin-Trish.

2stop 04-09-2004 08:43 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you both. Bless your heart. You are going so much right now. *Warm Hugs*

Chy 04-09-2004 08:48 PM

AhTrish, what a horrible day you've had! I hope your sister will see this as a wake up call. You make sure you take care of you however! With this much pressure and stress you come and find support from the people who care about you. Many prayers coming your way!

True Blue 04-09-2004 08:49 PM

Trish sending prayers and hugs your way. (((Trish))) You really have had one heck of a day young lady. Sorry to here about your sister Trish.
The sad thing there is nothing you can do for her until she wants to change.
You are a strong women, just keep working your program.
Love you Trish.

Dan 04-09-2004 09:02 PM

Trish... ( ).
DD

Little Missy 04-09-2004 09:04 PM

Hugs!

My thoughts and prayers are with you Trish.
Missy

tryinagain 04-09-2004 09:20 PM

Trish....

Sorry to hear about your day. I dont want this to sound wrong but I too am happy that it was not you in the back of that vehicle. You take care of you.
Hugs and Prayers coming your way,
Roy :bemine

dotcom 04-09-2004 09:52 PM

((((((((((Trish)))))))))) My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hang in there and remember we are here for you.

BIG HUGS,

Dot

Anna 04-09-2004 11:51 PM

Trish, that is so awful for you. You've had to go through so much. I hope your sister can get the help she needs and I hope you will take care of yourself.

Love, Anna

1_day@_a_time 04-10-2004 12:11 AM

Thinking of you!

Oh Trish! Glad you came here right away, posted and shared this. YOU are such an incredible young lady, and an inspiration. In a short period of time, you have become a great family member here at sr!

You have been there for me, and so many others! My prayers are with you and your sister........and hope both of you are going to be OK!

God Bless YOU.....you are both loved!

Take Care Trish,

Tom

Alice Wonder 04-10-2004 01:41 AM

(((((((((((((((miracle))))))))))))))

In memory of miracle 04-10-2004 04:00 AM

aaahhh!!!

Thank you all so much my SR family,you guys are the bomb!!!As I post this she is on her way home..time for me to visit the nar-anon forum!Times are tough but with your help and the help of my aa friends so am I!!One day at a time I will get through...bless you all-Trish.. :sink

ted 04-10-2004 04:00 AM

Trish

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOURS.YOU ALWAYS SAY DONT QUIT! STAY STRONG TED :angel:

Justme57 04-10-2004 07:16 AM

Oh! Trish what a day ! Huge HUGX and Prayers coming your way .

You know where to find me if you need a yak

Take care of YOU g/f

Hugx
Lee

ladyofdreams 04-10-2004 08:33 AM

********************{Miraclen}}}}}}}

As you were there for me, I am here for you......

Candles lit, love sent to you

Many Blessings,
EL ~Lady~

indigo 04-10-2004 11:33 AM

How horrendous for you both I send you my most positive thought, i hope you find the strength to help you through

indigo

An angel for you

rudeboy 04-10-2004 11:53 AM

hey miracle, so sorry to hear about your sis.....
I too hope that she takes this as her wake-up call
and gets the help that she needs. My thoughts
are w/ you.
evan
ps. take care of YOU.

Novemberphoenix 04-10-2004 12:00 PM

Prayers for you and your sister

Ah Trish,

So much pain in so short a time, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Good for you reaching out to sr right away. You have been here for me so too will I be here for you.

Much love :angel:

Marie

In memory of miracle 04-10-2004 03:18 PM

Update on sis

Thank you all for your prayers and support!!We did an intervention of sorts which was very difficult since the option was treatment or the shelter,thankfully she finally chose treatment.I am tired out and left with some residual feelins,with the medics here ,police ect..brought back memories of my own usin days.Got me feelin alittle down I guess..Thanks again you guys are the best!!! Trish.

MootPoint 04-10-2004 03:34 PM

belated hugs (((((((((((((( trish ))))))))))))))

at least she took treatment.