SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Are you an innie or an outie?? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/268896-you-innie-outie.html)

Sasha4 09-24-2012 03:24 PM

Innie defo!

Hate going out to bars and clubs.
If I did I had to have stacks of booze to 'try' and enjoy - step forward balckuts, horrific behaviour, falling over, regrets, next day filled with misery, self loathing and illness.

Still hate being out now.
Nothing beats sitting in my home, with my beautiful lamos on, reading at SR with a cuppa, while my beautiful baby snoozes upstairs.

Someguy23 09-24-2012 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Klia
I'm sure there is a connection between addiction and being and 'innie'.

I think it's because most people here are addicted to alcohol. Alcohol's primary purpose is to lower inhibitions. It is logical that more inhibited people would be more prone to alcohol abuse.

As for myself, on the specific question of introvert vs extrovert, I consider myself an introvert but I have no trouble cutting loose and am happier when socially active.

In the more general question of experimentation/external stimulation vs introspection/self-stimulation (that sounds a lot naughtier than I mean it), I'm strictly 50-50.

Etta 09-24-2012 06:11 PM

I'm INFP. :)

Obladi 10-07-2012 11:11 AM

Etta, me too!

I just took that assessment for the first time and thought it must be wrong! I'm much more of a thinker than a feeler!

It took me a week of thinking to realize that INFP is exactly who I am. :)
And today I'm thinking that all of these years I've been trying to be a number of things I'm not (such as an extrovert) and believing there was something wrong with that.

Very interesting topic, Weasel. Thanks

Ready2Bmeagain 10-07-2012 04:03 PM

Most definitely an Outie. when I was drinking heavily every day I had to basically stay at home so I wasn't out and about where I would have to figure out how to get myself home.

And since I have stopped drinking it is a test of patience and will power to stay at home. I have so much energy right now, and there is so much to go and do out there that it is driving me a little bit crazy.

GypsyHeart 10-07-2012 04:43 PM

i am an innie and always have been. but people who know me would never describe me as an introvert. i people drain me and i recharge by being by myself. i enjoy my own company and the things i do to entertain myself at home.

LMAO i was all ready to say innie anyways - by the title of the thread, i thought we were talking about belly buttons :D

Lyoness 10-07-2012 06:40 PM

Definitely an innie. I get overstimulated easily and need quiet time to rest and restore. I love to read, walk in nature, stargaze, etc. Walking into a room filled with strangers can be terrifying--hence my teenage drinking et. al.

On the other hand, I love meeting new people, sharing stories with them and have had many hourslong conversations with people I'll never see again.

So innie with some outie tendencies.

Excellent thread.

soap 10-07-2012 06:41 PM

most intense introvert ever.... alcohol is the greatest solution until the consequences.

RobC420 10-07-2012 07:08 PM

I suppose I am mostly innie. I have no problem keeping myself busy with all the 'things' I like to do.