SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Another one of my positive sober posts (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/268183-another-one-my-positive-sober-posts.html)

aeo1313 09-15-2012 05:53 AM

Another one of my positive sober posts

I hope you guys aren't sick of these weekly posts but it seems every day I notice something great about living sober (even when I am sick with a cold like today).

I am finding at work I am drawn to the positive people now instead of gossiping with the negative ones. Even when the kids are stressful I don't run and hide like I was and let my husband deal with it- I stay in the picture and even though it sucks I am there. I almost NEVER feel guilty anymore!!! My life is an open book- I am not ashamed of anything I do now and therefor am never secretive or sneaky.

My relationship with food is also better. I would use being drunk or high as an excuse to binge eat. I eat healthy now and even though I am working hard to lose weight I am not hard on myself anymore. If I have a "bad" eating day I am not mad at myself. I am in control of my eating and no longer beat myself up. The same urge that made me want to drink, drug, and binge is just no longer there.

I am in control of my life! I make good choices and surround myself with positive people.

I am Jewish and Rosh Hashanah (Jewish new year) starts tomorrow night and what a wonderful new year I and my family will have!

aeo1313 09-15-2012 05:54 AM

Oh- and I'm doing another mud run today!!

Sapling 09-15-2012 06:02 AM

Good job aeo!!....Have a great run!!

EternalQ 09-15-2012 06:35 AM

AEO: I really enjoyed your post! Thank you for posting it. It made me feel really good! : )

aeo1313 09-16-2012 07:56 AM

After the run there were beer tents and we each had free beer coupons. I gave mine to my husband.

Last night I commented to him how it didn't bother me at all that I wasn't drinking (people had come over before the run to drink as well). It was just a NON ISSUE!! There were no arguments in my head about it, nothing!!! just freedom!!! I love this!!!

Change4good 09-16-2012 08:04 AM

L'Shanah Tovah.

Love your posts, and so happy to hear that things are going well.

Mizzuno 09-16-2012 08:33 AM

Rock on aeo! Good job. I love the positive.

Vall 09-16-2012 08:36 AM

Dear aeo1313,

you sound a really positive person, full of life, full of sobriety, full of fun.

I enjoy reading your posts immensely.

aeo1313 09-16-2012 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Vall (Post 3579995)
Dear aeo1313,

you sound a really positive person, full of life, full of sobriety, full of fun.

I enjoy reading your posts immensely.

One of my supervisors at work said this to me a few weeks ago- how I was such a positive person. I have never thought this of myself, and after thinking about it I decided I am- at least at work! Of course I can be down and negative, but I am trying my hardest to let positivity have a bigger % of my life. Her saying that to me was the best compliment ever...it meant so much to me.

Living negatively takes up so much wasted energy- gossiping, being angry, resentful, etc is such a time and energy suck. I never thought I could be who I am today. Still a lot of things I need to work on, but I am pretty happy with me and know I have the power to change what I want to change.

Dee74 09-16-2012 01:50 PM

great post aeo - thank you :)
I'm so glad things are going well for you

D

SoberForMySon 09-16-2012 02:12 PM

You're awesome!!!!!

clight 09-16-2012 02:24 PM

aeo what a motivating post. Thank you for another day to STAY SOBER!

NoFireWater 09-16-2012 06:04 PM

Aeo, we never get sick of hearing positive upbeat news! Keep posting :)

You are doing great, and it's gratifying to hear that our efforts do pay off! Glad you are doing so well!

Grace2 09-16-2012 06:12 PM

That was a very heart warming post and I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get where you are!

Big hugs

GXX