SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Need help =( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/266247-need-help.html)

hrich1122 08-25-2012 01:15 PM

Thank you all for your support!

Maybe ill try talking to him again about a plan. It would be easier without his anger or my tears. I've thought about suggesting my mother in law come up for a bit to help so I can seek treatment

Sapling 08-25-2012 01:37 PM

You have to do what you have to do...Most important...You have to do it for you...Hang close here hrich....You have people that care about you here.

hrich1122 08-25-2012 01:51 PM

He said he would be willing to talk to me later about options (we have a bday party to go to in 10 mins) this makes me feel better that he's willing to listen. Hopefuly I say the right thing!

Thank you all!

Sapling 08-25-2012 01:53 PM

I don't know if you pray or not hrich...Probably wouldn't hurt right now...I'll join you.

Grace2 08-25-2012 01:56 PM

Good luck hrich1122

I was terrified too. You may not have friends and family where you live, but S.R is like an extended family and we are all here to support each other.

Big hugs

Gxx

candi7 08-25-2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by hrich1122 (Post 3548590)
He said he would be willing to talk to me later about options (we have a bday party to go to in 10 mins) this makes me feel better that he's willing to listen. Hopefuly I say the right thing!

Thank you all!

That means there's hope!!

Uninvited 08-25-2012 02:21 PM

Good luck! I would also like to add that, depending on what state laws are where you live (if you are in the US), divorce is not instantaneous and you have rights. In Pennsylvania if one spouse disagrees they can basically stretch the divorce out for 2 years (a relative just went through this in that state).

Pondlady 08-25-2012 03:24 PM

hrich,
I'll be thinking of you. You deserve love and support.

bjames 08-25-2012 03:44 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this. PM me if you want... I'm an attorney. Divorce law is not my area of expertise, but I can give you some basic info which may help.

hrich1122 08-25-2012 10:20 PM

Well no talk. He's preparing to go to the bar instead :-( I'm glad I found this out late so I can just go to bed and not sit stewing on it while having to maintain my composure for my kids.

Maybe another time....or not.

Good news is I was at a bday party where everyone started drinking later on.I stuck with my water! Tomorrow will be day 5...again.

Sapling 08-25-2012 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by hrich1122 (Post 3549204)
Well no talk. He's preparing to go to the bar instead :-( I'm glad I found this out late so I can just go to bed and not sit stewing on it while having to maintain my composure for my kids.

Maybe another time....or not.

Good news is I was at a bday party where everyone started drinking later on.I stuck with my water! Tomorrow will be day 5...again.

Good job on tonight....Just don't drink tomorrow.....Take it a day at a time. Is your husband a drinker hrich?

hrich1122 08-25-2012 10:27 PM

Thank you. Yes he is. I often feel like he's trying to smear it in my face that im an alcoholic and he's not. So he can get home,pop open 6 beers even after I ask him to not bring it in the house. Perhaps I'm resentful.

Sapling 08-25-2012 10:30 PM

I was wondering about that....Most important thing for you....No matter what happens...Is you....Take care of yourself first....The rest will work out the way it's supposed to work out. You just have to stay away from alcohol...Don't pick up the first one...Remember that.

Sapling 08-25-2012 10:34 PM

I'd really like to see you go to a couple AA meetings...Being around people that understand what you are going through and want to help you is wonderful....I couldn't have made it without it. It's like a new family for me....Friends that don't drink...And want me to not drink.....You can't buy that.

Twinie710 08-25-2012 10:55 PM

There is no better way to show him you are serious than getting help for yourself. I am also an alcoholic and I know that with all the problems that I have in my life- if I don't help myself first that all of my other problems will not go away. Try contacting a rehab center- you'd rather be away from your children n get help then lose them to your addiction. You have to want to do it. I hear the desperation in your words- pain gives me the strength to push on- show your family they mean a lot to you and go get help. I bet the rest will fall into place with your husband.

I wish you the best!

hrich1122 08-25-2012 11:08 PM

The first one is the worst one. I absolutley know that now!

Ive looked into rehab centers. Ive emailed a few to see about pricing and such. I will absolutley be away from my kids to get better and assure I wont lose them.

Sapling 08-25-2012 11:19 PM

We are with you here hrich....You just have to know that as long as you don't drink...Things can and will get better...I'm living proof of that....And I was at a point...That all I wanted to do was die. There is hope...Hang on to it....Be sure and keep checking in here to let us know how you are doing...You're family now.

candi7 08-26-2012 09:12 AM

You are doing a great job... Wish the best for you sweetie!

hrich1122 08-26-2012 09:41 PM

Well we talked. I'm actually more confused than before we did. Either way he says he still wants a divorce and has no intentions of fighting me for my kids. He said its not my drinking but that we just don't get along. This is all quite a contradiction to what he's been saying. He wanted me to leave because of my drinking and all of our problems stemmed from it.

I can't help but think that now he does possibly believe that I'm going to stay sober so he has to change is stance. I think he's used my alcoholism as a pinning board for all of my problems...if there's an issue its easier to blame her and her drinking rather than take responsability and deal with them.
He did let his brick wall down and has been nice and speaking to me. Rather than scowling at me and being as short as possible. Who know. I'm still confused.

Either way.... I'm alive. And I'm sober. I feel much better after going to church today. We shall see what tomorrow brings when/if he goes to the lawyer. I'm figuring out an action plan incase I get too stressed and wants to drink.

MesoFreak 08-26-2012 10:35 PM

I thought it was more than the alcoholism

As I was reading the thread I was realizing your husband just doesn't want to be with you. He blamed it on the alcohol, because it would be easier than telling you he doesn't want to be with you anymore.