SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What did you do today that made you thankful for your sobriety? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/261622-what-did-you-do-today-made-you-thankful-your-sobriety.html)

Change4good 07-07-2012 04:48 AM

Woke up early, and knocked out some work.

sugarbear1 07-07-2012 04:53 AM

My alarm just went off, but I've been up for almost 2 hours now. It's Saturday. I hadn't done that in years~just made some coffee and about to get to a 9 am meeting after I clean myself up.

Life is new again!~

Stevie1 07-07-2012 05:02 AM

Well it's only 8 am...waking up clear-headed and feeling glad has made me pretty thankful!

Tippingpoint 07-07-2012 05:31 AM

Got home yesterday after a long day of work and instead of pouring myself a drink I headed right out into 35 degree heat for a 5k tempo run - my fourth run of the week, no less!

gaffo 07-07-2012 05:49 AM

I went to an open studios/art walk and didn't drink myself into a fog then drove everyone home.

regeneration 07-07-2012 05:53 AM

I keep smiling while listening to music while walking down the street... I don't know what's come over me.. it's being a few month's sober and getting unexpected burst of happiness. I kept thinking "other people sober seem happy, why not me?". Then realised it was a case of "be patient young jedi, it will happen". Glad I got here and reading this thread.

duane1 07-07-2012 06:02 AM

I had a conversation with my wife about some things that have been upsetting her. When I was drinking, I wasn't emotionally available to share feelings with her.

changer 07-07-2012 07:39 AM

i woke up without a hangover.......:)

jennikate 07-07-2012 07:54 AM

Rode in a 4th of July Parade! On the 7th (funny having the 4th on a Wednesday) and was able to hold my head up high.

foodie1 07-07-2012 07:56 AM

Wow great thread!! Love the positive! Well today is just starting but I did wake up at 6, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, which never would've happened when drinking, most especially not on a Saturday morning. And yesterday I was able to patiently and productively focus on my work all day and get every single thing done that needed to get done before going home for the weekend. That never would've happened when drinking either!
Sobriety is the best!!

icanwin 07-07-2012 08:18 AM

I am going to the Cinema! I cannot remember last time I was sober on a Saturday. Eh eh, I feel strong yeahhhhh arrrggg

:-)

justhadenough 07-07-2012 08:49 AM

I woke up sober on a Saturday which pleased me in itself.

Then went out early to the shops, without worrying bout being over the limit.

I enjoyed the early morning quiet and sunshine.

Then took my son for a walk in the woods and for ice cream.Normally at 4.00 I would be rushing to get home to open wine.

Just small things but each mean so much to do them sober.

Happy sober weekends everyone.x

Gerbosko 07-07-2012 04:45 PM

Just small things but each mean so much to do them sober.
Very much so!

Woke up this morning at 5 am and in a good mood. I work weekends so not being hung over and grumpy is still amazing to me.

Hooray for sobriety!

PS: Having money to spend is a huge plus. The old days I was nearly broke and desperate for my next paycheck.

Pondlady 07-07-2012 08:23 PM

Got dressed up and went out to dinner with my folks, husband and daughter. Prior to sobriety, I'd have preferred to stay home with wine:( It was a lovely evening - had such a good time.

EternalQ 07-07-2012 08:39 PM

I hit 150 consecutive sober days, and loved ones were proud of me.

shapeup 07-07-2012 08:43 PM

walked 4 miles this morning and went to the movies and didn't fall asleep in the theatre.