SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I can't stop (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/252736-i-cant-stop.html)

Dee74 03-29-2012 04:55 PM

we're glad to have you here ziney :)

D

eJoshua 03-29-2012 05:01 PM

Glad you're still with us. Do yourself a favor and find a way to quit drinking ASAP. I would consider some counseling as well, since it sounds like you have some baggage that you could probably deal with.

Take action quickly, before you're driven to the point of despair again.
Best wishes,

saphira 03-29-2012 07:02 PM

So glad to see you back here! I was thinking about you today... hoping you were ok.

Hevyn 03-29-2012 07:06 PM

Never give up Ziney. You are wanted and needed by many.

Dominica2 03-29-2012 07:37 PM

Stay strong. You can do this! You are worth it!

Jennx7 03-29-2012 08:13 PM

Stay here Ziney. SR helps!!!!!!!! A LOT. Keep reading, keeping talking and start making a plan. The people here will help you stay on the path to recovery. If you feel down come here. If you feel your going to fail, come here and talk your way through it with all of us. You CAN do this!!!!!!

DayTrader 03-29-2012 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by ziney (Post 3339770)
and I'm going to buy a gun.I refuse to keep putting my loved ones through this and I'm ruining my relationships with them.

Brings back memories.....except I had the gun. A 12-guage shotgun, upstairs under the bed, and it was loaded. After DUI#2 I sheepishly asked my wife to put it in her car and get it out of the house.......to take it somewhere and not tell me where.

Needless to say, I rebounded from that depression like I usually did, did nothing about the problem, got divorced several months later......then got another dui.

I don't remember suicide being big in my mind after that one, not like it was after #2. By the time I got my 3rd I hated myself so much it was almost like I didn't feel I deserved the relief killing myself would bring me.

Eventually, I was in AA and yanno........working the steps, getting a sponsor, plugging into the program and getting serious about it...... I haven't wanted or thought about killing myself in 5 years. The drinking problem is long gone and I've learned some awesome ways to handle life muuuuch more productively than I ever did in the past.

It can work for you too Ziney. There's no need to go through life struffling like I did..and like you seem to be too. We're not meant to live that way but, for most of us, nothing we did seemed to really change things in a meaningful and lasting way. Taking AA seriously and really putting an effort into getting INTO the program was one thing I hadn't tried....... man, what a difference it made once I committed to it. You can have the same deal......guaranteed.

langkah 03-30-2012 01:46 AM

Really glad you changed your decision, shows there's some fight left in you. Alcoholism brought you to that emotional bottom and it hasn't been addressed yet. I hope you'll get effective help quickly.

Luckyv2 03-30-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by ziney (Post 3339770)
and I'm going to buy a gun.I refuse to keep putting my loved ones through this and I'm ruining my relationships with them.

That would destroy the relationship. Do you really want that?

I have thought about doing it in at times myself. Than I think how really selfish and what a self-centered act that would really be.

Hang on, it gets better