SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Who am i rebeling against?! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/245422-who-am-i-rebeling-against.html)

Vanilla28 01-07-2012 12:25 AM

Who am i rebeling against?!

....sometimes i feel like im wasting everyones time here. i come here, talk about how ****** i feel, then talk about how great i feel, them come back here again like now, and talk about how ****** i feel because i gave in again.

in the ten days since i quit drinking again, i was eating good, and since my last post about my headaches i havent been smoking, and actually feeling good about myself.... then today, i dont know what happened, i woke up feeling so much hatred and lack of self worth for myself. kinda like 'who do you think you are?" kinda thing.

i just pigged out all day on crappy food, smoked like crazy, and had some drinks. i let my negetive thoughts consume me, and gave in to them.

because of how ****** i feel right now, i KNOW and feel in my heart i will be better tomorrow, and try harder..... and i know you all dont know me personally, but i feel like because i constantly come here with my 'cycles' that im a broken record and keep constantly letting the SR community down, like i shouldnt post here anymore.

i dunno.

blackstrat6 01-07-2012 12:39 AM

Just keep trying!! We have all been where you are. Forgive yourself, try to learn from it and try again.

endlesspatience 01-07-2012 12:42 AM

I know exactly how you feel. I too seem to be trapped in cycles - periods of recovery followed by a collapse of confidence, drinking binges and disturbing consequences. You are not the only one. Really, it's OK to have you here because you help people like me realise that I am not alone in this addiction. Of course we know we want to break it and we want to recover but it's not going to happen unless we seek help and support. That's why I'm here at least. You haven't wasted my time by reminding me of that.

Dee74 01-07-2012 12:44 AM

You're not letting anyone down here Vanilla - we;ve all been there.
You might just be letting yourself down tho?

Maybe it's time to look at what you've been doing to keep sober and think - really think - about what it's flaws are.

What are some other things you can do to add to your programme?

D

bostonluv 01-07-2012 02:16 AM

Keep coming back as often as you want and re read your posts. I just sent a prayer your way. I am newly sober. This isn't easy but your life currently is harder. Keep trying. Pray.

Zebra1275 01-07-2012 06:10 AM

If you want to get sober, then you need to do something different than you are currently doing cuz it ain't working. So what's the plan?

WantToHeal 01-07-2012 07:31 AM

What is your support network like? Posting here is a good start. Have you looked into the AA/NA fellowship, or counseling/therapy? Have you spoken with your doctor?

Keep fighting the good fight!

Oh, and keep reading and re-reading the quote in your signature. Maybe there are others that can be inspirational to you as well.

sugarbear1 01-07-2012 08:43 AM

yes, change your cycle.........you have that power!