SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Were you a daily drinker or every other day? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/203148-were-you-daily-drinker-every-other-day.html)

sobercatholic 01-30-2014 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Kayla50 (Post 4431782)
At my worst I was horrible. I still do not believe this but my parents were there. I was at a .8 at the hospital and doctors said I should be dead. Another time at the hospital it was a .487 and felt just fine.

My only experience with my BAC was when my then employer sent me to a treatment facility for evaluation. My BAC went up, then went down. Then up, then down. Ranged from (been a while so I don't remember specific numbers) .1something to maybe .4something, then .2something and up and down.

They never saw anything like it, ever. They were convinced I had smuggled some alcohol in (I didn't, but had a pint in the car. But I never went out there to drink, as I probably couldn't escape being observed.)

They were closing for the day and refused to take responsibility for me, and so sent me by taxi to a 24/7 treatment facility. I was doing the same thing to their BAC readers.

I eventually drove home, after signing a release absolving them of any responsibility in case I got into and accident.

Got back to the original treatment facility, got into my car, had a few swigs to calm the nerves, and made it the 20 miles home.

NEVER do I ever want to go through that again. (Never had a DUI or DWI, should have had at least a few DUI's. By the grace of God, I suppose I was spared (others, too).

Beloved88 02-05-2014 04:21 PM

I used to drink everyday, from morning till midnight. The only time or sometimes a day I didn't drink was, when I was just too miserable to even do anything. Like getting myself out of bed, let alone going to the liquor store. I was a heavy drinker, always drinking rum or whiskey..

I have been sober for 5 weeks now.

alexc1991 02-05-2014 04:45 PM

Used to be a daily drinker, about a couple years ago. Would binge, if not every day, every other day. But has since become an every other day thing, or every other week. But now I'm hoping that'll change.

Flying4Life 02-05-2014 08:13 PM

I drank as often as I thought I could get away with it, especially if I didn't have to get up early the next morning or be especially productive. Sometimes if I did have something to do during the day I would only have 2 or 3 the night before. ugh! It sure feels good to have broken away from that form of slavery!

Kero 02-05-2014 08:17 PM

Mostly binge on weekends, but not without the some problems during the week.

I was actually not too terrible until the weekend. That's when entire days would vanish. Started out as "partying". After a few years Saturday was a blur. I'd binge, pass out, repeat until Sunday evening rolled around and I had to get better.

That's where denial comes in. Nothing wrong with fun on the weekend, right... Well of course it just gets worse and worse.

I was ok during the workweek, but when it came to the weekend there was no off switch. Trying my first sober weekend in awhile.

californiaguy 02-05-2014 08:22 PM

Every day, for the last 11 years. During the week starting at about 4pm all the way until about midnight. Weekends I would start as early as noon. The last couple of years, every day, but my drinking would go into the middle of the night (2,3, sometimes 4 am).. My tolerance is just off the charts, which is one big reason why I decided to give sobriety another go when I woke up yesterday morning. I basically binge drank every day straight for 11 years, maybe more. I did stop a couple of times, but nothing longer than a week. I'm on day 2 right now.

GreenBottles 02-06-2014 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Flip77 (Post 2626516)
I would get up to use the bathroom at nite (would bring two beers to bed with me every nite).....[...]..... I can't believe the life I was living and all the things I was missing out on just so I wouldn't go without. What a waste! Flip.

Lols man. I remember once I saw my hungover brother wake up and start drinking a half empty warm beer.

I can't beat that one about grabbing a cold beer on a night trip to the toilet.
But I do have one maybe:
About 10 times over 10 years I accidentally started drinking a bottle of beer that I had forgotten was one of the empty ones I had urinated in while on the phone to someone. My first knowing it was because it was so dead flat (not the taste). Maybe if someone had carbonated it and put it in the fridge as a prank I may have kept drinking it until I noticed I wasnt feeling any warm kick from it.

GreenBottles 02-06-2014 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by californiaguy (Post 4453255)
Every day, for the last 11 years. During the week starting at about 4pm all the way until about midnight. Weekends I would start as early as noon. The last couple of years, every day, but my drinking would go into the middle of the night (2,3, sometimes 4 am).. My tolerance is just off the charts, which is one big reason why I decided to give sobriety another go when I woke up yesterday morning. I basically binge drank every day straight for 11 years, maybe more. I did stop a couple of times, but nothing longer than a week. I'm on day 2 right now.

Nice going man. Avoid dairy products and anything with lactose in it. You will probably get crazy itching otherwise.

I would drink beer non-stop every waking hour until about 5-10 days in I started feeling seriously malnutritioned. Then I would stop for about 2-3 days (and by stop I mean cut down my daily beer to about 6-8 and consciously eat some good food and GREEN food for the Vitamin K deficiency which would show up as purpura on my upper arms). Pupura is easy-bruising, little bruises in random places.

After day 5 you will notice that you have feet. Yes you always knew you had them but I mean they will suddenly become close to you like your heart, you will remember them from your childhood.

Also pay attention to your Working Memory improving every hour you are further away from that last day of alcohol.

I am just listing positive things you get from being sober.

To be honest I gave up because I decided I was going to give success a chance.

rudy68 02-06-2014 06:13 AM

I drank at LEAST 5 days a week, drunk on my ass 2 of them. Other than that, just an even buzz every night. I love my wine :)

rudy68 02-10-2014 12:02 PM

I was 5-6 days a week, some days only 2 or three drinks, the rest a bottle of wine and a few beers. I told myself every every single day that I would stop. Now I have.

Nocoolname 02-10-2014 12:41 PM

Took 50 years to perfect my drinking. At the end, 22 days ago, it was waiting everyday for 1600 drinking alarm to go off. Then I'd have "just one beer". But it end up everyday being 5-8 beers and 4-6 shots. Glad it's over. ;-)

tuxiemama 02-10-2014 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nocoolname (Post 4462336)
Took 50 years to perfect my drinking. At the end, 22 days ago, it was waiting everyday for 1600 drinking alarm to go off. Then I'd have "just one beer". But it end up everyday being 5-8 beers and 4-6 shots. Glad it's over. ;-)

Same here.. ended up on 2 bottles of wine everyday... sometimes when the missus was around I could only sneak a bottle down

STILL I ended on a bang.... great champagne and a perfect Shiraz... I achieved alcoholic perfection and do not need to revisit wine ever again

Serotonin 02-18-2014 04:19 AM

Hammered and passed out every day, sometimes mutiple times a day. Beer for breakfast. No food until I either felt nauseous or was ready to pass out. Then I would binge on food a pass out. Disgusting. I'm done with that pathetic existence.

GreenEggsAndHam 02-18-2014 04:23 AM

Every day starting in the morning to stop the shakes. Amounts varied, but it was very common for me to drink a 12 pack of (strong) beer a day, or a 6 pack plus a bottle of wine. If starting late afternoon, I'd easily polish off two bottles of merlot by evening. Blackouts were frequent.

Charlie117926 02-18-2014 07:08 AM

binge drinker. every other day

Gakx 02-19-2014 09:34 PM

Everyday drinker cause nobody wants a hangover so I just headed it off at the pass. I would wake up still plastered and head to work. I had my work hours timed so that as the "drunk" was wearing off, I was arriving home to start again. I could see the problem happening but felt like I was watching from afar and couldn't stop it.

Brian316 02-20-2014 05:33 PM

Alcohol is very cunning baffling and powerful or at least it has been in my life. I was a daily drinker for 9-10 years. 9-10 years of my life I wasted on the stuff. Then I started trying to quit. Then I became a binge drinker. That was when I really lost control. I was a binge drinker for about 3 years before stopping 4 months ago. I can't say one was better than the other as both were me living as an alcoholic.

itsjustchuck 02-20-2014 06:09 PM

at the end I would drink most of a 1/5 everynight before I passed out, wake up in the middle of the night and finish it off. the company I work for requires I be on-call up to once a month for 7 days straight, I couldn't drink while on-call. but that next Monday eve......... the only thing I remember is waking Tuesday morning and thinking to myself "god I feel like s^&*", why do I do that to myself. but by the evening I was right back at it. Insanity had me by the grips.

aaronraguse 02-20-2014 07:23 PM

EVERYDAY, but sometimes less on weekends as my body was getting very sick by then, especially after consuming 4 litres of wine a day, by saturday I would kick back on beers..I hate alcohol.

newman23 02-27-2014 06:49 PM

Few nights a week. Then every night. Then I progressed to full day benders, morning to night and I am surprised I am still alive...

sigint 02-27-2014 10:58 PM

First was fri-sat. Then became thurs-sun. Then sometimes everyday, but always binged away the weekends.

Its exhausting thinking how much time and thought I wasted getting wasted.

Ruturn 02-27-2014 11:04 PM

Binge drinker. Was a daily drinker for a couple of years and then tried to start controlling it or cutting back. Then would binge whenever I thought I could get away with it. some of those binges would be one night only, a couple of times they ran into a week or so of being drunk 24/7. I NEVER want to be that person again.

anewpage 05-09-2014 07:32 AM

Daily drinker here. It started as just an evening drink, then pretty soon I was drinking while cooking dinner. Then the time I would start drinking would get earlier and earlier, it bacame a midday thing, until I was having vodka first thing in the morning and drinking it throughout the day.
Getting through about 3 or 4 bottles of vodka per week, sometimes supplemented with a few bottles of wine here and there.

ElleDee 05-09-2014 07:57 AM

Every day... in the evenings... in front of the TV... until I passed out.

sunshinepepper 05-09-2014 11:37 AM

I binged at least twice a week. Probably would have done it every day if I didn't have work.

joyfullysober 05-09-2014 11:46 AM

Every day starting at lunch time and continuing at evenings. Weekends all day long starting after the morning coffee.

Mirage74 05-09-2014 06:33 PM

Can relate joyfully, I've done some drinking like that. Not consistently, but I did drink daily.

whatcouldbe 05-09-2014 07:11 PM

Binger-- every other day every third day. So tired.... on day two again:)

james186 05-11-2014 04:30 PM

All of the above at various points in my life. I would say binge drinker would be the label for me though. Hopefully no more.

NYCfitnessgirl 05-11-2014 06:12 PM

Started off as weekends only years ago, then progressed to a few times a week plus weekends, then almost everyday, unless I had a terrible hangover and needed a good night sleep. The last month i discovered drinking in the morning before work to avoid a hangover, but ended up drinking all day. This scared me straight.