SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Were you a daily drinker or every other day? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/203148-were-you-daily-drinker-every-other-day.html)

yeahgr8 06-15-2010 09:56 PM

Hmmm i ended up a daily drinker but spent years trying to quit would have spaces between the drinks up to 6 months at a time...mental obsession never went though...was a binge drinker until i was early 30's and am 39 now...

TwelveSteps 06-16-2010 03:58 AM

Strangely, I never was really a binge drinker but drank every night until I fell asleep.

GG

1lastchance 06-16-2010 04:24 AM

daily. I drink to feel numb then I have a hangover then drink to get rid of the hangover over and over and over. til one day I woke up and years of my life were gone forever and I can get them back ever.

Chops 06-16-2010 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Timebuster (Post 2626613)
I drank 24 – 7

I help the liquor store open up in the morning

Boot leggier on Sundays. .

Sleep with a bottle under my pillow, so when I woke I the middle of the night I had a drink for the dilemma trimmers.

Next
TB

yep

vegibean 06-16-2010 04:54 AM

I, like a few of the others here, drank every day, ugh! It was horrible. :(

Like least said, all day, every day.

ALF 06-16-2010 06:57 AM

Everyday. As soon as I got home, I'd pop open a beer and drink til I went to bed.
I always admired people who could go out to a bar or party and have a soda or other non-alcoholic beverage.

coffeenut 06-16-2010 07:55 AM

The first five years it was on the weekends. And...as the story always goes, crept up to 3 times a week.....4 times a week.

The last 30 were every single day.

I knew in those first 5 years there was a problem.

notnormal 06-16-2010 08:07 AM

not before dinner during the work week.. but everyday. After a big night I'd think about not drinking but the only thing that would make me feel better was... another drink of course.

Zencat 06-16-2010 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by least
All day, every day...:(

Originally Posted by Surlyredhead
Same here.....

Me too...http://www.mazeguy.net/sad/worried.gif

littlechicklet 06-16-2010 09:01 AM

Almost everyday. I only took a night off when I felt too sick from the night before. Usually I'd get home from work or school, open a bottle of wine while cooking dinner and go from there. :(

mikefreak 06-16-2010 10:31 AM

EVERY freaking day, funds permitting. I had this perverse idea that, after a days work, I deserved to get bombed out of my mind ( maybe I did, but not the way I thought!). Now, a year & 1/2 later, I cannot get over how deviant this lifestyle really was. I would practially be drooling on my way home when the day was over, anticipating getting that first cold beer down ( along with a shot or two or three or four of whiskey, and, who knows, maybe a joint or two or three.................).

PizzaChef 06-16-2010 01:45 PM

Bottle of wine every night. As many drinks sneaked in between as possible. The two friends I have confided in knew I "love my drink" but even they were shocked. They had no idea. It's amazing what you can hide behind a steady job and clean house :-(

NEOMARXIST 06-16-2010 02:38 PM

Total binger. Binges would last 2/3 days for the last 18 months. Lots of booze, Cocaine, Ecstacy and loud music. Finished off with more booze. Booze was the staple of my binges. Always started and finished with booze. Booze was the key ingredient to my binges. As much as I could physically get down my neck to take me to oblivion and drift away into another world and try to stay there for as long as possible.

Pancake 06-16-2010 03:28 PM

I just have to say to Shelly09 this is a GREAT THREAD!!!! Wow! Nothing like feeling completely "Connected" to each other?!?!?!?! Holy SMOKES! :thanks

Love to all,

Pancake xo :hug:

endlesspatience 06-16-2010 05:52 PM

Towards the end, it was pretty much every day. Managed to find a store that sold beer a few minutes from my workplace and would never head home until I'd got at least a couple of cans in my pockets. Still amazed that some of my friends and most of my colleagues never realised the extent of my problem.

northfork 06-16-2010 08:15 PM

every night, 7 days a week for years. I had strange rules as to when and how many drinks I could have. It worked out to about 7 bottles of strong beer a night between 7 and 10:30pm. A few times a year when I'd see my old drinking friends I'd binge all night, but generally I stuck to my schedule. It was enough to make my life miserable, so glad that's over!

mf150 06-17-2010 01:50 AM

Every day for me 6-8 beers. Some days I'd drink 1/2 750ml bottle of hard stuff. needless to say it was hard for me to concentrate on my work!

MrBBB 06-17-2010 04:33 AM

First 5 years - every 3 or 4 nights
next 5 years - every 5 or 6 nights
next 5 years - every night
next 4+ years - every night, weekdays - couple shots before work, lunchtime, happy hour at bar, until bedtime; weekends - drank non-stop..only stopping to sleep. (As you can probably guess, these were the years of living hell!!)

Grace2 06-17-2010 01:27 PM

My problem days were Thurdsdays. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Drinking wine like it was lemondade. Even used to drink it out of a mug. I used to hide the mug in a cupboard drawer when I was ironing and keep taking a sly swig out of it!

spryte 06-18-2010 07:33 PM

Every day. But I Had It Under Control!!

Oh my...still with the characterization conundrum...yeesh....

Severian 06-19-2010 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Grace2 (Post 2628017)
My problem days were Thurdsdays. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Drinking wine like it was lemondade. Even used to drink it out of a mug. I used to hide the mug in a cupboard drawer when I was ironing and keep taking a sly swig out of it!

Heh. I have an end table near my recliner. I sometimes kept the beer on top of the end table and the mug of whiskey in the drawer so I could hit it when no one else was looking.

(Sometimes I kept the whiskey in the garage near the beer fridge - get another beer, take a slurp from the bottle.)

jazz66 06-19-2010 05:23 AM

bing drinker i could go weeks monthes even done a few years of not drinking
i'd sneek the furst couple after that i dident care who saw me drinking what i said or who i hurt or even if i hurt myself
then spend the next week or two trying to make things wright..

dedubya 06-19-2010 06:48 AM

every day- and thats bad. so - i guess that sums it up. i have a problem. i think most of us do except the ones (who i so admire) share the weakness. Best wishes to you.
dub

mmeat 06-19-2010 10:50 AM

I skip Sunday night and Monday....but by Tuesday I feel I deserve "a" drink....so I do. Then feel like an idiot Wed&Thurs for drinking on a work night. Then hit it hard Friday and Saturday evenings.

Vicious cycle 'eh?

I almost made it last night( Friday) without hitting the beer store( Told myself I was going to prove I could take a weekend off...). But I made it 2 minutes before closing time.....:(

SereniTee 08-07-2010 05:48 PM

weed before work, booze after work, every day. 80 days clean and sober now :)

academia 08-07-2010 05:48 PM

I usually binged pretty hard every other evening and then hard on the weekends. Given the weekdays, it was usually {Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday}. So, wow, yeah about 4-5 times per week at least. I usually killed a 1/2 750ml fifth per sitting at least (sometimes much more).

Good luck on your journey.

academia 08-07-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Severian (Post 2629696)
Heh. I have an end table near my recliner. I sometimes kept the beer on top of the end table and the mug of whiskey in the drawer so I could hit it when no one else was looking.

(Sometimes I kept the whiskey in the garage near the beer fridge - get another beer, take a slurp from the bottle.)

I used to do that trick often - mask the smell of the liquor with the smell of beer to avoid questions. I'd usually have a fifth of some kind hidden on top of the cabinets in our apartment. When I'd get a beer, I'd reach on top of the cabinets and put back a shot or two before said beer. Looking back, I was nuts.

firestorm090 08-07-2010 06:35 PM

I was more of an occasional drinker, because there were a few occasions when I didn't drink, like when I had to be in court, lol.

LaFemme 08-07-2010 06:35 PM

Wait, you don't have to drink every sindle night??? Why didn't anyone tell me?????

Last 5 years heavy drinker every night, drank all weekend, only exceptions were a day or two here and there trying to quit.

a fallen man 08-07-2010 08:51 PM

every s i n g l e day.

3 day weekends were the worst because i'd start hammering vodka as soon as i got off work on friday.

i would be toxic by tuesday morning.

i quit on a tuesday after a 3 day weekend.

i kept it in my car and usually had a long pull off it (vodka) as i exited my work parking lot. then as soon as i turned on my street another really long one. about 6 ounces between the two shots. then drink until falling asleep on the sofa.

thank god for this site....i honestly don't miss it now.