SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Asking for your prayers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/201537-asking-your-prayers.html)

Desert2trees 05-23-2010 06:44 AM

Prayers going out for your foster dog... I hope you find it.

Please pray for my cat. He got under the shed to avoid the dogs (I just moved in) and I thought he was just scared and staying under there. Yesterday evening I looked hard and called him... but I am sure now he is gone. I know he's scared.

Hevyn 05-23-2010 08:05 AM

Least - at least he was seen! That's a relief. Will keep praying.

Desert2trees - Will also send one up for your kitty. I know how that feels.

Stang 05-23-2010 08:35 AM

My dogs and me are praying for him!

Angelic17 05-23-2010 09:37 AM

Awwwwhhhh, I'm so sad over that little dog. And one thing I know is that I love dogs. They are so much nicer than people sometimes. Prayers for your little dog to be found healthy and well. Please let us know if you find him.

Impurrfect 05-23-2010 11:01 AM

((Least)) and ((Desert2trees)) Prayers for both the furbabies to come home safely.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Fandy 05-23-2010 03:00 PM

Least are there any updates this PM?...at best he was sighted in the same area and should be home soon...

least 05-23-2010 03:21 PM

He was seen this morning but could not be caught. He is still in the same area so that's hopeful. I just pray someone has the good sense to grab him so he can't get away. I feel so guilty cause I wasn't alert enough to grab him as he came out of the car.:( If I had been paying attention he might not have gotten away...:(

Dee74 05-23-2010 03:24 PM

Even the best dog carers have a time trying to keep up with some dogs, least.
I hope someone nabs him soon :)

D

Hevyn 05-23-2010 03:30 PM

Dee's right, Least - I've had both of mine get away from me, and I always try to be so careful. Don't go down that road of blaming yourself - you do a great job. I'm so glad he stayed in the area - there's hope for a happy ending.

Stang 05-23-2010 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 2605788)
Dee's right, Least - I've had both of mine get away from me, and I always try to be so careful. Don't go down that road of blaming yourself - you do a great job. I'm so glad he stayed in the area - there's hope for a happy ending.

I'll second that. If youre willing to foster a dog and adopt two others then you are doing more for dogs than most people. Accidents happen!

Fandy 05-23-2010 03:47 PM

the dog was determined to go and run off....you could have had the leash glued to you hand and he would have taken it with him....i once came out with my 90+ lb.Akita after just coming home from getting my nails done...I didn't know there was a rabbit sitting 2 steps out my door....the dog dragged me down the sidewalk, took the leash and my skin with him....about 50 feet away, he sat down and waited for me.

I imped back to the salon the next day...to have mynails repaired...my Akita was one of the BEST trained obedient dog...he knew i was the boss...but the rabbit was too deliciously tempting....no matter what he had been taught.

topspin 05-23-2010 05:51 PM

Hi Least,

Just remembered something I read years ago about lost dogs while camping/ backpacking. A real nightmare for the dog owners, since the dogs have no chance to find home , sometimes hundreds of miles away,.

Anyway, the owners leave a sweat soaked shirt / garment in a safe location, and keep checking back. It's supposed to be the best solution . I know since this dog is rescue, ....well, if you think there's anybody's scent he would relate to getting fed maybe ?

You're in my prayers with this.

seeker7 05-23-2010 09:05 PM

Hope you hear some good news soon, Least. Big Hugs.

least 05-24-2010 08:04 AM

He was seen again today but they couldn't catch him. My friend is going to get a live trap to try to get him. He is so shy and afraid it's hard to get close to him. I'm praying that a live trap will get him. He's been seen in three different places so maybe if a trap is put in one of those places we'll be able to catch him.

least 05-24-2010 04:49 PM

My friend set the live trap and baited it with canned dog food. I hope he's in the area and hungry enough to go in it. Keep your fingers crossed and those prayers coming...

smacked 05-24-2010 05:09 PM

Fingers and toes crossed!!

Anna 05-24-2010 06:56 PM

The poor thing must be hungry, Least, so hopefully the trap will attract him.

Prayers for the dog's safe return.

Sneezy 05-24-2010 07:04 PM

Grateful for animal lovers like you, least, who will go to any lengths to save a dog. Keeping you all in my prayers! :hug:

Angelic17 05-24-2010 07:14 PM

Just checking in to see how the pooch is doing. GOD will watch out over him until he finds his way back to you.

AWOL 05-25-2010 05:13 AM

Prayers for your little Pooch Least