SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Impurrfect has 3 years clean today!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/196384-impurrfect-has-3-years-clean-today.html)

Horselover 03-09-2010 06:52 AM

Impurrfect has 3 years clean today!!!

Congratulations girl!!! 3 years is awesome in and of itself, but pair that with big life situations happening to you this year and how you dealt with it and didn't numb out. Just amazing and very inspiring. Had to congratulate you today!! Hope you do something very special today. Hugs - Sarah

least 03-09-2010 06:56 AM

Three years if fantastic!!:)

:c029: :You_Rock_

WakeUp 03-09-2010 07:04 AM

Wow, lots of birthdays in March, well done!

Tazman53 03-09-2010 07:17 AM

3 years, that is awesome!!!

Tell us how you did it!

Mattcake 03-09-2010 08:20 AM

Congratulations, Amy! :)

Lenina 03-09-2010 08:30 AM

((((Impurrfect))))

My very dear friend! I am so happy for you! You've risen to the challenges in your life with grace and dignity! You've helped others, worked hard on rebuilding your life and continue to grow in recovery! You are a ray of light for me! Congratulations! Onward and upward, my friend!

Much love,

Lenina

Anna 03-09-2010 09:26 AM

Amy, Congratulations, that's super!

grateful2b 03-09-2010 10:12 AM

Congratulations, Amy!!.. three years!!

I want to echo Sarah and add it would be a miracle for most people with all that you had on your plate besides addiction..wait a minute, you are a miracle! Yes, our amazing Amy....and someone who inspires me on a daily basis..love you:hug:

:day1

HumbleBee 03-09-2010 11:54 AM

Congratulations on 3 years. What an awesome accomplishment!

I always find inspiration and gratitude in your posts. Thank you!

55438 03-09-2010 11:56 AM

What an inspiration for us newbies! It can be done.

Thank you,

nogard 03-09-2010 02:38 PM

Fantastic :) Congrats on 3 Years :bounce :bounce

Hevyn 03-09-2010 04:10 PM

This is so wonderful, Amy. I always enjoy your helpful & inspiring posts. Very happy for you!!

tanyapmc 03-09-2010 04:20 PM

Yay!!! You rock sister!! :tyou

Impurrfect 03-09-2010 04:51 PM

Thank you ((Sarah)) and everyone else.

For the newcomers who don't know my story, I'll try to make this short. I was a nurse, got in the habit of abusing opiates and got in trouble. I stopped those, never had withdrawals or any problem stopping, went to AA, got a sponsor, etc. Unfortunately, I met a guy there, did NOT listen to my sponsor, and got all wrapped up in him (I'm a codie, too).

He introduced me to crack. Two days later, I did something to cause me to run from the law for the first time in my life. Within 2 months, I was walking the streets, jumping into strange cars, had gotten another ABF with a 20+ year history of smoking crack.

I did this until I got locked up for violating probation (never went - too busy smoking) and stayed clean for the better part of a year after that, but I JUST stayed clean. I didn't change anything about me.

I relapsed for about 2 weeks...long enough to do a good amount of damage. After that, I said "enough".

I've been in 2 robberies, dealt with family deaths, my XABF's death, addiction of my stepmom who lives in the same house, loss of my job and a few other things in the last year and few months. I don't use. No matter what.

Today, I thank HP for giving me another chance. I spend a lot of time on SR, as well as e-mailing friends I have met here. I reconnected with family/friends who are extremely supportive. I began working on my codie issues. I've been chipping away at legal/financial/career consequences as I can. I try to give my 16-year-old niece someone to look up to. I still use what I learned in AA, but I've also picked up things that work, for me, along the way...it may be from a song, a billboard, just something someone said. When I struggle, I talk to a recovering friend, then I play the tape through to the end.

SR has been a HUGE part of my recovery, and I thank everyone for being here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

NEOMARXIST 03-09-2010 04:56 PM

Well done on 3 years clean!!

Thanks for sharing your story too.

Spiritual Seeker 03-09-2010 05:19 PM

Amy...glad I made it to the party.
Today I am grateful for you...Your contributions here are inspiring, wise, and motivational.

Omega10 03-09-2010 05:27 PM

Wow, that's quite a story. Congratulations on such a big accomplishment!!
:bbj:

Rusty Zipper 03-09-2010 05:57 PM

congratulations ame! :a122:

24hrsAday 03-09-2010 06:07 PM

Congrats on 3 Big Years Amy!!!:c011::c029: