SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Finally! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/191338-finally.html)

Aysha 12-30-2009 01:10 PM

I am making myself a nice sirloin steak for dinner. Rice and veggies. A-1 sauce. Yep.
I am almost packed. Well, half way. Got laundry to do and the rest of my hygeine after I shower. WOOOOWW!! Phew.
This all def happened all at once. And what a time too. Cant get any better than that. I will be starting the very first day of 2010 as my first full day to the beginning of the rest of my new way of living.
Thats like majorly huge.

I got out of having to help my cousin move Saturday tho. HAHA. And she is moving maybe a mile if that down the road from the house. So my weekly family pass will be to go to her house or maybe at night I can go hang with her and kids for awhile. I am not sure how all this freedom and stuff works yet.
I now I am pretty much on lock down for the first 21 days or so.
No visitors or phone.

Astro 12-30-2009 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Aysha (Post 2472584)
Well..When I got home I had a message from the house saying they have a bed available. So I am going first thing in the morning.

I am not sure if they have internet or not. But there is a library down the road.

Everything's coming together now huh Trish? Amazing how it works that way sometimes. Maybe not the way you thought or as fast as you wanted it to happen, but the door is open for you.

So proud of you, check in when you can.

Dee74 12-30-2009 02:00 PM

WOO HOO! :bounce

You'll have a lot of thoughts and prayers going with you Trish :D
:You_Rock_

love ya!
D

Aysha 12-30-2009 02:27 PM

OMG!!! I am almost packed. 2 suitcases, my hamper and a2 bags. The flippin lady calls me right when I almost have everything packed and tells me to wait until Monday. LOL
I cant get into IOP by them until Wed so she didnt think I wanted to sit around until then. I am cool with that. Now I can go too my cousins tomorrow night with my fam.

This lady is so confusing. When I first told her I couldnt go to IOP up there she told me to go to a shelter. Its freezing outside. Why would I do that just to go to IOP? Someone in need who doesnt have a home needs that spot more than I would need to go to IOP. Then she never told me to call every week. Then she calls today out of the blue and says come right now. ..Come right now??!! I just walked in the door. I have mad dirty clothes and need to pack.
But it all worked out. Only thing I gotta help move my cousin now.

Impurrfect 12-30-2009 02:34 PM

(((Trish))) sorry, but I had to laugh at the visual of you, sitting there with your bags all packed and thinking "now I've gotta help my cousin move:("

It probably makes more sense with the holiday weekend to go in on Monday, anyway. Enjoy your weekend with family and get lots of snuggles from the kitties.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Astro 12-30-2009 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aysha (Post 2472712)
But it all worked out. Only thing I gotta help move my cousin now.

Hey nobody ever said the journey would be cheeseburgers and roses! :wink:

Aysha 12-30-2009 02:51 PM

OHHH. I am going to miss my babies. They are always there by me. especially the little one. She comes in and wakes me up every morning. Pushing her head under my arm or hand and meowing. And she sits on the back of my desk chair or lays on the desk in front of me. I am going to miss them so much.

Mattcake 12-30-2009 02:57 PM

This is amazing news, Trish, I'm so happy for you :hug:

Anna 12-30-2009 04:00 PM

I'm sending lots of hugs and prayers your way, Trish!

FBL 12-30-2009 04:14 PM

Wishing you all the best:) I hope you find the path to true recovery.

Aysha 12-30-2009 05:13 PM

Man!! This lady really got me screwed up. I know its little, but dang. I called to have my internet and my satellite box shut off while I am gone so it would knock some of the bill down for her. They were going to shut it down tomorrow cause I thought I was leaving. I tried calling back just now to have them change it to Mon and they told me I cant. So I am not going to have internet or tv in my room after tonight. Man..That sux! I cant believe Verizon cant change the date of cancelation. Thats such BS. I hate Verizon.

Dee74 12-30-2009 05:18 PM

That sounds bogus to me Trish.
I'm sorry.

D

HumbleBee 12-30-2009 05:27 PM

I'm new here and even I can feel the awesome positive, loving energy heading all the way to you from everyone...my thoughts and prayers are with you.

A New Year, a Blue Moon, A New Life (it's all here for you with my best wishes)!

Believe808 12-30-2009 05:48 PM

Trish, I'm so happy things are working out,

maybe not as quick as you would like,

but not to worry, have faith because

your HP has everything under control.

Rusty Zipper 12-30-2009 06:07 PM

:sparkler