SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Finally! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/191338-finally.html)

Aysha 12-30-2009 06:28 AM

Finally!

I start IOP today. Its pretty sad when you walk into a place like that and most of them already know you. And the counselor doesnt really even need to ask you the questions because she already knows the answer to most of them. Geez. Like going to jail was like when I lived in Florida. Oh..Your back.

Theres a girl there I know from when I was in the mental place this last time. So thats cool. It felt good to be around others like myself f2f. I got the ride there and back.

I am a little pissed about that sober house tho. I called the lady yesterday to tell her I was startign IOP today and to see where we are in getting me in there. She said.."Oh, I didnt know you were still interested because you havent called." WHAT??!!
Its only been 2 and a half weeks since I talked to her. She told me it would 4 to 6 weeks. So i figured I would call when I started IOP. She told me I am suppose to call every week,. Well thanks for telling me that now.
That made me mad. So I am not sure if someone may have got my spot because of that or not. I didnt ask.
But I am next in line..Sooo. At least I am in IOP, doing SOMETHING!
I am excited, happy and relieved to be starting this.
The dreams have been hitting hard lately. Yea. Its around that time when my mind starts messing with me again.

Last nights dream was stupid. Thank goodness they are only that.

Well. This is it. I am on my way. And I do believe this is really it. No more crack for me people. Even my counselor said she has a good feeling about me this time. LOL I hope so.

55438 12-30-2009 06:34 AM

Go Aysha! I am so glad you finally made it to IOP, you have had a long wait. Now make the most of it.

bananagrrrl 12-30-2009 06:39 AM

I am happy for you. I have been following your story and I wish you strength.

YaY for IOP! I just started with an addiction therapist yesterday myself. It feels good to move forward.

Emily2002 12-30-2009 06:41 AM

You can make it happen, Trish. :nyad Glad you're finally getting somewhere and moving FORWARD.

Hugs out to you as you continue this journey!

Astro 12-30-2009 06:54 AM

I'm not sayin' nuthin'.....just gonna watch you grow and walk your path.....keep you in my prayers and cheer you on in spirit :hug:

coffeenut 12-30-2009 07:16 AM

You've wanted this for a long time....I'm glad you're seeing it happen. :)

Stereosteveo 12-30-2009 07:42 AM

Grats

Your sig says it all.

blackbirdsing 12-30-2009 07:49 AM

Congratulations Aysha, I'll keep you in my thoughts/prayers!
(I tried to add a pretty flower here but I am not as skilled as you in this area, so just imagine these fireworks are a big bunch of roses) :)
:nyz

Impurrfect 12-30-2009 08:18 AM

(((Trish)))

I'm glad you're starting IOP...I know you've been getting antsy, but I still think you were still just being forced to learn the lesson of patience (I know..I hate it, too). You got through it, and now you're on your way.

Don't worry about the sober house. Now you know, so call them every week. You only missed one week of not calling them. I truly believe things happen when they're supposed to (have learned THAT lesson in hindsight), so just keep doing what you're doing and focus on IOP.

I'm proud of you!

Love, hugs and prayers!

Amy

Zencat 12-30-2009 08:22 AM

IOP is great! I'm :) happy for you.

I do something like IOP but they call it IDDT (duel treatment) and it is a huge part of my treatment plan.

Again, wishing you all the best...as Tim Gunn would say: http://www.mazeguy.net/happy/wave.gif make it work.

grateful2b 12-30-2009 09:00 AM

Thank you, God..
That is the very best news and I am thrilled for you!
sending my love and prayers..
(((Trish)))

Tazman53 12-30-2009 09:08 AM

Trish all the best hon, keep in touch with us when you can and call that group home twice a week!!!! LOL

Surlyredhead 12-30-2009 10:34 AM

Trish!! :hug: What a great way to start the New Year :hug:

Give it your all sweetie, you CAN do this!!

Cathy

vegibean 12-30-2009 10:59 AM

OMG!!! I bet you are so relieved!!! This is going to be great Trish. So glad you're finally there. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! :)

Horselover 12-30-2009 11:02 AM

I just said, "I can't wait to hear how IOP goes" on your "What's good today" thread. Cool! Hope you check back after and let us know your thoughts on it. Hugs - Sarah

Lenina 12-30-2009 11:07 AM

WTG, Trish!

I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to read how it went. Best wishes!

Love,

Lenina

Aysha 12-30-2009 12:10 PM

Well..When I got home I had a message from the house saying they have a bed available. So I am going first thing in the morning.
OMG..I am so nervous. I am shaking. But I am also glad.
I probably wont be able to come on for a month while I am on assessment phase. I am not sure if they have internet or not. But there is a library down the road.
I feel sick to my stomach. LOL
BREATHE TRISH!
Well...This is def it.

Horselover 12-30-2009 12:21 PM

OMG!!! That is such great news Trish! Now breath. 1, 2, 3 breath. We will surely miss your posts, but it is time to concentrate on yourself.

Your news has made my day! :) :) :)

Impurrfect 12-30-2009 12:30 PM

(((Trish))) - WOW!!! Breathe, sweetie, and know that even if you can't get on here, there are many, many of us here praying for you, sending you good thoughts, and thinking about you.

You can do this, sweetie, and I believe you will. It's time to move on to a new and better way of life, and you are being given a gift, so take full advantage of it. We've gotten the chance to "start over".....you and I both know that it truly IS a gift.

It's okay, and I think "normal" to be scared or anxious, but it will be okay. Funny how we can want something so BAD then when we get it, we're like "OMG, I'm scared to death"...I'm the same way.

One foot in front of the other, do the next right thing, and keep breathing:)

Love you, girl!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Ninsuna 12-30-2009 12:47 PM

Goodness, I will miss your posts too, but how exciting to have everything happen at once like that. I wish you the best. Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart. ~Confucius

Happy new year, girl, take care!