SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   hello (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/188293-hello.html)

nosub 11-10-2009 03:02 PM

hello

Hi, first time ever going somewhere for any kind of help. Very hard headed. Anyway I will look around a little to see what seems to help. It dam sure cant hurt. From my user name you can guess my goal. sooner than later.

Dime 11-10-2009 03:07 PM

Welcome to SR!!

There are tons of great resources here and the folks are very helpful. :)

louis 11-10-2009 03:11 PM

Hi there and welcome

Your right it cant hurt and you never know it might just help :)

Horselover 11-10-2009 03:12 PM

Welcome to SR. SR sure has helped me. Hope you can find help here. Good people and quite a lot of good info too. :)

Dee74 11-10-2009 03:29 PM

Welcome nosub.
You'll find a lot of help and support here :)

Come check out our substance abuse forum too -
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D

Astro 11-10-2009 03:30 PM

Welcome to SR, this is a great place for help and support, I consider most of the people here as my "family" in recovery.

I was pretty hard-headed for a long time too :headbange It's much easier once we learn to accept unconditional love from others :wink:

Wolfchild 11-10-2009 07:20 PM

:welcome

sailorjohn 11-10-2009 07:38 PM

Welcome!!!

Keep coming back, you'll find a lot of support here.

coffeenut 11-10-2009 07:53 PM

Welcome!

mirage 11-11-2009 04:37 AM

Welcome nosub...glad you're here. If I had to guess, I'd guess you'll find it helpful...I know I do. Hope I'm right! :)

Sikkisirus 11-11-2009 05:02 AM

Hello to you too and welcome to SR. Good people and lots of support here :)

nosub 11-11-2009 06:27 AM

Thanks for the welcome. This site seems great! This is just what I need. Well for the most part. One question about support. How to go about finding a person or 2 to interact with on a closer level than open forum. Start with some email or pm? I guess with someone who has succeeded in the same area Im looking to do. IE get off sub. I just am afraid of bothering someone with my issues. Guess they can tell me if its not cool.

Threshold 11-11-2009 07:44 AM

If you notice someone who's posts you keep finding to be gems of wisdom, or someone who clearly has what you want, you may approach them respectfully via PM. tell them how you feel and ask if you might pick their brain on a subject.

They may be willing or not. If not, move on.

get to know a few people in the chat room the same way, or even by posting and reading...

In time you will find a few that you really mesh with, and some fellowship will grow organically, but don't be afraid to say "hey, I think you have something I need, do you have some time?"

welcome,

today can be the day you live up to your screen name

this is a great place

nosub 11-11-2009 02:59 PM

I think I have found a couple people I will try contacting. Now am I at 5 posts yet?

Astro 11-11-2009 03:00 PM

Your post count is on the left side of the page right under your user name, and yes it says 5.