SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   So sick of all of this today! Sorry, but have to vent! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/176428-so-sick-all-today-sorry-but-have-vent.html)

Jules62 05-15-2009 06:26 PM

Sending out some prayers for your son, Sarah. Please let us know how he is when you have the time.

Thinking of you,

Love, Julesxox

Dee74 05-15-2009 06:28 PM

Prayers for N and for you Sarah :)
It'll be ok, I'm sure, but update us when you can

D

Jomey 05-15-2009 06:29 PM

Prayers going up right now Sarah- please let us know how things are going as soon as you can....we are all with you sweets....Love, jomey

Anna 05-15-2009 06:34 PM

Sarah, it's so scary when our kids get sick. Please take care of your son and yourself and when you have time, let us know what happened at the hospital.

mle-sober 05-15-2009 06:35 PM

Prayers!!! Prayers!

Mattcake 05-15-2009 06:49 PM

Thinking of you and your son :hug:

CarolD 05-15-2009 06:53 PM

Prayers coming your way ....Mega :hug:

Horselover 05-15-2009 07:00 PM

Well I am amazed at you all. I am not surprised, but amazed. Such good, dear friends with such big, loving hearts. We alkies/addicts are good people for sure!

Okay - so we went to the children's hospital and they did the exact same things his doctor did today and came to the conclusion that it is "probably" the same virus that I have and his Dad is coming down with. Kids bodies react differently to the same virus. Hmmm. I'll take it though. They said he has to start eating now because his body is in ketosis(?) and if he doesn't eat he will be hospitalized. He is still feeling nauseous and that's why he isn't eating.

I haven't learned really anymore then it is probably the flu and I do Thank God for that. I wish they had drawn some blood, but I'll go with this for now.

A girlfriend suggested I have our house checked for mold because we have been sick so much this year. I am so seriously considering that. Got to go and I am so sorry I haven't personally replied to all of you especially the visitor messages - Dee, Astro, Row, Jules, Trish, and everyone else, but I have to get my butt into bed. Before that I'm going to be kneeling and saying a lot of thank you's. I definitely owe you all a big thank you for being there for a tired, stressed, worn out, old mom today or at least that is how I feel.

Consider yourself kissed, hugged, and loved right back. Good night everyone.

Dee74 05-15-2009 07:05 PM

I'm glad you checked in.
It's good they sent Nate home - that seems a good sign to me.
I hope all three of you feel better soon :)

try to sleep Sarah - you've earned it.
night

D

Jules62 05-15-2009 07:13 PM

So glad you checked in sweetie.I bet you're exhausted :hug:

Glad he's home with you too-that's a good sign for sure.I'll PM you about the ketosis.I know a bit about it from previous experience.

Prraying you all get a good nights sleep tonight,

Julesxox

Hevyn 05-15-2009 07:26 PM

What a relief.:wink3:

Rella927 05-15-2009 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by laurie6781 (Post 2229414)

So, how about we look at the other side of this coin? If you were not sober, you would not have been able to take such good care of your child or yourself, and both of you probably would have been a lot sicker than you have been I M H O.

:Val004: So sorry sweets! That Laurie is a smart cookie!

Sending you lots of love! Feel better and know that yes, "this too shall pass"

:a194: to you on 1 year! That is awesome!!! Proud of you!!

Remember venting is good! I do it all the time ;)

colagirl 05-15-2009 09:30 PM

Hugs, Horsie! I've been unusually sick this year too - I never even get so much as a cold, but in the last 6 weeks I've had two bad colds and one horrible flu. I've missed so much work, it's ridiculous. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Glad things seem better with your son! I hope you all start feeling back to your normal selves.

PS - congrats on a year!! I haven't been on much this week so I must have missed the official thread... you are awesome!

Jomey 05-16-2009 04:40 AM

Hey Sarah- Great news that N is home - keep us posted, rest as well as you can and keep the faith, hon...you are never alone! J

serenityqueen 05-16-2009 05:23 AM

First of all, wishing you & your Son quick recoveries. My Son is 20 now, but I sure remember the feeling of helplessness when he was little and sick. It's the most helpless feeling in the world. (I'm not sure how old your Nate is)

And boy can I relate to how people act about illnesses. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis & Lupus, which are both autoimmune disorders and when people hear that, some have actually backed away from me like I'm contagious or something. People hear the work autoimmune and usually relate it to AIDS. No matter what I try to tell them briefly what they are, people still act like I'm contagious or something. Also, several of my meds I take to treat the RA & Lupus actually lower your immune systems ability to fight infection so I get sick very easily. I can catch a cold on Monday and if left untreated, by Thursday I could be in the hospital with Pneumonia. It sucks, but there's not much I can do about it.

I do get sick of hearing (no pun intended) people say, "My God, you're always sick!" And this is from people who KNOW about my illnesses. One of these days I just may have to reply with, "Of course I am you bonehead! I have two chronic, lifelong illnesses!" lol

I will continue to keep you in my Prayers and again, congrats on one year! I hope when everyone is feeling better, you and your H can go out to a nice dinner or something to celebrate your first year in your new life. And this, of course, will be in a new outfit, new shoes, matching purse. And of course you went and had a manicure and pedicure as well as a nice fresh hair cut or just a healthy trimming, along with a facial . . . Better tell your H to get a second job for this but I'm sure he'd say you're worth it, because you are.

Get some rest & keep us updated when you can.

Hugs . . . I'm willing to "risk it!" lol
Judy

Aysha 05-16-2009 05:30 AM

I am glad its not something worse.
Get alot of rest and take care of yourselves.
You all will be better in no time.

Tommyh 05-16-2009 05:31 AM

Sarah,first off,congratulation's on your first year of sobriety!

While all this is going on,I hope you do not forget you are a sober Mom,and sober Wife...and a sober member of SR..sometimes it is just good to be sober while life happens...
Hope things get better for you and your family...

Tommy

Jomey 05-16-2009 06:51 AM

you and your H can go out to a nice dinner or something to celebrate your first year in your new life. And this, of course, will be in a new outfit, new shoes, matching purse. And of course you went and had a manicure and pedicure as well as a nice fresh hair cut or just a healthy trimming, along with a facial . . . Better tell your H to get a second job for this but I'm sure he'd say you're worth it, because you are.
I COMPLETELY second this motion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!
J

vegibean 05-16-2009 07:25 AM

Girl, I feel ya! That's the worse when you AND the kids are sick. I feel like I'm having the same "life" as you right now. Nothing is going right!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

Hang in there, and hope it gets MUCH BETTER SOON!!! :ghug

Horselover 05-16-2009 07:33 AM

LOL! I was just posting on your thread. Glad we know these things will pass. Sorry we're on this darn boat together. Let's change boats and find a happier ride. I'm done with the stress today or at least, that's MY plan.

So many can relate and that helps A LOT! I really was starting to take the blame of this sick family on my shoulders and it wasn't help me feel better. Son's fever appears to have broken today and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It feels like a miracle to wake up and reach over and not feel the furnace beside me.

Thanks all that have stood beside me and actually held me up. Today is getting better and my mantra for today is, "Every day and in every way my life is getting better and better."