SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What good thing or thought happend for you today? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/173491-what-good-thing-thought-happend-you-today.html)

NewBeginning010 04-04-2009 07:18 PM

What good thing or thought happend for you today?

It would be nice to have a positive ongoing thread about a good thing that happened or a thought that you had today.

Please post below

For me... I had a great day outside in the sun with friends at a picnic in the park.

What about you?

Gypsy Feet 04-04-2009 07:27 PM

I worked on my oasis:P I have a hot tub and a nice portico, today we started installing an automatic water system for plants.

mle-sober 04-04-2009 07:40 PM

Nothing but crap.

Just kidding! Just kidding! I had a wonderful and peaceful day. Nothing exciting. Housework. Child tending and mending. And then a nice Italian meal out with the family. My husband looked at me like he loved me. For real.

Latte 04-04-2009 09:09 PM

Just hanging out with my family. My youngest broke her collar bone last night so we've been trying to keep her comfortable and I made a nice, simple dinner and we ate a little too much ice cream (well, the kids did) and my oldest worked on her homework. My husband went to the grocery store so I could stay home with the girls.

I love days like this. Easy going, full of relaxation. Ahhhh...

flutter 04-04-2009 09:41 PM

There's also a What's Good Today thread in the Daily Support section !

sadlion 04-04-2009 09:47 PM

Bernie Taupin said

I thank the lord for the people i have found...

CarolD 04-04-2009 10:25 PM

For no special reason ....I've been singing
"Onward AA Solgers" all day.

And Yes....:)
I do know the correct words are not AA.

Fletch2468 04-05-2009 02:07 AM

Yesterday I took my son to Legoland and had a wonderful day, fun, sun what a beautiful day.
Today I woke up sober and looking forward to the day ahead.

least 04-05-2009 04:08 AM

I'm dogsitting my neighbor's two lovely dogs and slept last night with four dogs on my bed! A little crowded but very warm and secure. I love waking up to my dogs on the bed.

Live 04-05-2009 04:24 AM

I woke up at 5:30 am and had the dishes done before I had my decaf coffee!
IT is going to be a great day!

NoelleR 04-05-2009 04:56 AM

I really like the services at my church....BUT [isn't there always a 'but' LOL)], in order for me to get there by 10am (gotta get there 'early' to get good 'down front' seats), I need to leave at about 9:15 (+/-). In order for me to leave by 9:15, I need to get up by 7:00/7:15 (it takes me a 'long' time to wake up....lol). Unfortunately, sometimes I find myself having difficulty getting to sleep eraly enough on Saturday nights---I try to have at least two alarms going off on Sunday mornings (but even then, I've overslept on some Sunday mornings).

Last night was one of those typical Saturdays.....just couldn't get to sleep; tossed and turned for hours; the last time I looked at the clock it was just a bit after 3am.....grrrrr BUT (another one of those perky " 'but's ?.....(Nah, a good one, this time) I found myself waking up automatically at 5:14.....and not sleepy enough to go back to sleep (from which I'm sure I'd have slept through all my alarms).

Sooooo, wanta call it coincidence, or miracle, or whatever....! I count it as a blessing----I get to be all ready to leave on time, and I get to read/post here before I need to leave......wow, a double-blessing.....lol

.....So, here's hopin' all y'all have bless-filled days today, and every day.... (o:

NoelleR

SHawk25 04-05-2009 05:53 AM

I went to my first party since I quit drinking almost a month ago.. Drinking wasn't even a thought..

And that was while watching my favorite team (UNC) play in the final four. That would have definitely been a drinkfest before..

Itsmytime 04-05-2009 06:18 AM

Had a wonderful lunch with my family, watched movies and even got my taxes done!!

Bard 04-05-2009 08:04 AM

I woke up with no hangover and no regrets. I've battled some pretty intense desires to drink this weekend and luckily I came out ahead!

firestorm090 04-05-2009 08:19 AM

I did six loads of laundry:wtf2

firestorm090 04-05-2009 08:20 AM

The good news is I have clean clothes!!:c011:

vegibean 04-05-2009 08:26 AM

I've been really 10 stepping myself today. Keeping the focus on me which also means I'm getting some rest. ;)

firestorm090 04-05-2009 08:34 AM

I went to the local library yesterday for the annual dollar-a-bag book sale. I bought thirty-three bokks for seven dollars, which is great because I love to read. Now, where do I put all of these??

Amy08 04-05-2009 09:42 AM

Started reading ODAP (Our Devlish Alcoholic Personalities). Awesome book, quick read; highly recommend it.

C23 04-05-2009 09:52 AM

I cleaned the whole house yesterday, did all the laundry, and all the dishes so I can do absolutely NOTHING today except sit on my butt and watch the boob tube.

I also decided that going to the gym will start tomorrow.

Anyone have a stick? I am going to need one to beat off all the females!!!!!!

HA!!!!!!