SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   14 Drinks Deep - Have Another 20 - MMMMMM (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/172831-14-drinks-deep-have-another-20-mmmmmm.html)

jimhere 03-28-2009 07:09 AM

I can't believe that you all have wasted this much time dialoguing with an obvious troll.

Midas 03-28-2009 07:15 AM

LoL. No kidding.

Freedom1990 03-28-2009 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by RufusACanal (Post 2169183)
Why, who could image that this simple Hoosier boy could leap small fences and race slow trains for hours with the joy of Superman while experiencing the effects of such a small piece of paper someone called microdot?

Who could have predicted that my periodic theft of Blatz and Stroh’s beer from the back porches of our neighbors would not only increase my mental bandwidth, but my height, beauty and charm if only for the duration of that most wondrous amber fluid.

:lmao :lmao

There went this morning's coffee all over my monitor! Thanks, Rufus! :)

resentful wife 03-28-2009 07:21 AM

Not just any troll, but a Mensa Member Troll!!
Now ain't that special:lmao

Freedom1990 03-28-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by resentful wife (Post 2169218)
Not just any troll, but a Mensa Member Troll!!
Now ain't that special:lmao

Even as a member of Mensa, they still aren't very handsome, are they? :lmao
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...us/Trolls2.jpg

lovinmenow 03-28-2009 07:49 AM

Are you serious? Come back when you want to quit.

least 03-28-2009 07:54 AM

I don't think this person is serious, nor wants to quit. Just seems to be having fun talking about getting blasted on a recovery site. I almost feel sorry for him having such a twisted idea of 'having fun'.

Aysha 03-28-2009 07:57 AM

I see a whole page of threads with people who ARE serious and need help.
Why this thread has 3 pages and those others hardly have a full 1 page is baffling.

Midas 03-28-2009 08:08 AM

It's an Internet phenomenon--sorta like Numma, Numma or All Your Base (Are Belong To Us). Although, in this case, it's not quite as original. I have to admit the Mensa part was pretty funny.

A likely MSN Headline might be: "Drunken Mensa Savant Heckles Sober Community For Laughs"

:lmao

jimhere 03-28-2009 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by chiynita (Post 2169252)
I see a whole page of threads with people who ARE serious and need help.
Why this thread has 3 pages and those others hardly have a full 1 page is baffling.

That is why, other than these two posts, I didn't waste time her

This person, while insensitive, isn't stupid. No offense, but there is a reason he began this thread on the newcomers forum. He knew that more experienced members wouldn't give him the attention he wanted if he were to start this crap in one of the other forums

Fubarcdn 03-28-2009 08:51 AM

I think this thread did everyone some good. It was a chance to blow off some steam and have a little harmless fun at the expense of someone that was also obviously just trying to have a little fun.

jimhere 03-28-2009 09:48 AM

Well, I guess I will waste a little more of your time and my time here.

Nothing against having fun, but messing with people's lives is a pretty twisted idea of fun IMO.

Anna 03-28-2009 09:50 AM

You are all welcome to use the Ignore feature, if you want to.

gneiss 03-28-2009 10:01 AM

I kinda have to agree with Fubar. I was kinda itching for a fight last night, honestly. And in wanders this fabulously charming, gorgeous, and obviously intelligent young man. It was too perfect, because I was trying very hard not to take out my annoyance on anyone who did not deserve it, and I finally had a target. So telling him I thought he was an idiot and to get lost was oodles of fun! It was pretty obvious he was just here for laughs, but that's with a few months under my belt.

I thought it was curious that the thread wasn't locked down, because I think the guy could have done some harm. I had several nights early on where I would sit in front of my computer and drink beer while reading the forums, and this might have pushed me over the edge; I would have been on my way out to get some dope. I had a thread locked down for one b!tchy comment I made once, and this cr@p went on for 3 pages! Still though, I had fun with it.

dedubya 03-28-2009 10:07 AM

IMO-
this guy is in quicksand and clawing to get out. denial...basically or why would he even post. i thought the replies from all of the regulars on here were really done well. his subconscious is screaming at him- so maybe he will take the love and peace that all of us have here and get something out of it. or maybe not. nothing lost either way. he does like conflict though.... going to a movie with my wife and kids today!! NO booze- sweet. going to see Knowing with Nic Cage. Hope you all have a great a sober weekend. I am sure trying....
best-
Dub

LosingmyMisery 03-28-2009 10:56 AM

Troll or not, a drunken Mensa will soon have his genius brain turn to mush. A wasted actor will soon lose all looks and appeal and the genius actor will soon be called wasted, washed upped and out of work. The only calls coming in will be from Dr. Drew for celebrity rehab. That is the reality of drinking large amounts of alcohol over a long period of time.

gneiss 03-28-2009 11:23 AM

Agreed, LMM. He may be an actor, and he may be intelligent. But frankly, I doubt most of what he said was true. He was probably just drunk enough, or bored enough, to think it is funny. In the past I've gone into religious chat rooms on other networks and intentionally said inflammatory things just to rile them up. I didn't believe or agree with most of what I said and it wasn't factually correct, I just wanted to annoy people. It was fun, I was bored, or maybe drunk, and it was a good way to kill time.

This guy's shtick, "I'm so intelligent and beautiful I have to use drugs in order to deal with you gibbering simps," is pretty ridiculous. At first I thought if he was serious this is a cry for help, but as he kept posting it seemed obvious he wasn't serious. And that's when I told him Mensa is for idiots dumb enough to pay the membership fees. :D

LosingmyMisery 03-28-2009 12:11 PM

Yeah, pretty pathetic if that is a form of entertainment. One time I was drinking early in the AM downloading music. I got a PM from dude I had no clue who or why. He was off of the music site. I told him I was fat, bald, naked dude, drinking beer. I never got another message. Hmmmmm....

Anna 03-28-2009 12:14 PM

Okay, this thread is obviously going nowhere.

It is now closed.