SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of February *2009* (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/168346-class-february-2009-a.html)

Music man 02-10-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2102329)
I guess this is day two, tho I'm trying not to count this time around.

I think counting is needed. That way we know how much hard work we have put into this, And how much we are throwing away if we decide to leave.

Wombat05 02-10-2009 11:33 AM

I'm with Least--counting can make it hard.
I am also with Hardwired--counting shows us our victories.
Take both, and mix 'em up. Don't obsess over #'s, but revel in them when it helps.
Day 9 for me--and it is going well. Each day that passes I feel better physically, and am working on thought processes that steel my mind for the challenges I will face maintaining sobriety.
Just want to let the class of February know that together we can do this.
Best to everyone.

Music man 02-11-2009 08:40 AM

:rotate:I'm sober today! 12 days sober, 12 days richer , 12 days healthier!!!

CoF1984 02-11-2009 09:26 AM

Congrats Hardwired on 12 days!!! :) I'm on day 7 for my. 7 days healther...in kinda of a numb state right now, but it will pass. I'm guessing cuz I just ate and took some vitamins so I should be feeling better before too long I hope. Keep up the great work!
Wes

Music man 02-11-2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by CoF1984 (Post 2103869)
Congrats Hardwired on 12 days!!! :) I'm on day 7 for my. 7 days healther...in kinda of a numb state right now, but it will pass. I'm guessing cuz I just ate and took some vitamins so I should be feeling better before too long I hope. Keep up the great work!
Wes

1 Week Wes, that is a milestone, good job!:c011: I'm only a few days ahead of you.

CoF1984 02-11-2009 11:52 AM

Thanks Hardwired. :) We can do this together! :) And btw, I'm feeling much better now that the food and vitamins are going through me. lol...I'm back to being ecstatic over a week and last night :)
Wes

Music man 02-12-2009 09:16 AM

Today is day 13. At the AA meeting last night, when I walked in they all knew what day I was on. I believe in AA, it truly is a miracle!
I don't feel like drinking at all, Someone said It was removed from me by God. I believe it.
Thank God!

least 02-12-2009 09:19 AM

Day One here and the withdrawals are reminding me how bad alcohol is for me. I never want to go thru this again. This has got to be the last time, I have to succeed this time. I am so sick and it serves me right cause I did it to myself.

Wombat05 02-12-2009 09:24 AM

Checking in class.
Least, it's hard to watch you post while you are being so hard on yourself. Of course you "did it to (your) myself". But harping on yourself isn't going to make it easier.
Try to relax. Maybe one day at a time is too big at the moment. Let's go one hour.
I just hate to see you beating yourself up--we all make mistakes--it's how we react to them that makes us stronger, and more able to fight this terrible illness.
Hang in there, Least. I'm thinking about you.

CoF1984 02-12-2009 12:28 PM

I'm on day 8 here and figured I'd check in. Least I'm so sorry you have to go through this. But, I know this time you can make it. Keep coming here for the support and encouragement you need. Don't beat yourself up too hard or anything. No one's perfect. Just keep trying and it can be done. I have completele confidence and faith in you. Just keep working and trying. I'll be praying for ya!
Wes

:praying

RV GTO 02-12-2009 12:32 PM

Day 6 for me and the best I've felt in the longest time. :)

CoF1984 02-12-2009 01:30 PM

Keep it up RV...I know you feel great man! :) Keep up the great work.
Wes

least 02-12-2009 02:35 PM

Day One is ending, maybe Two will be better. Anyway a great reminder NOT to do this again.

CoF1984 02-12-2009 02:53 PM

Great job in making it through that day one Least. Keep up the great and hard work. I'm rooting for ya! :) You got all of us as your cheerleading squad to help you make it through this. Just be like the little engine that could, but instead of telling yourself "I think I can" tell yourself "I know I can." Don't know if it'll help but it works for me so far. Just an idea. What you do or don't do with it is up to you. Hope I've been helpful, if not I'll let ya beat me in the head with a shovel later to take out frustrations. Okay guess that was some bad humor lol but keep it up Least! I believe in you. :)
Wes

Music man 02-12-2009 02:55 PM

Lets all pray and give our support to least. We know you can do it. you can do it. We are here for you!

least 02-13-2009 05:15 AM

A bit shaky on day two but a bit better than yesterday. Slept ok last night, only woke up once. I will stay sober today. :ghug

CoF1984 02-13-2009 05:45 AM

Congrats on day two Least. I have faith in you. Keep up the good work! :) We're all here for you anytime you need us! :)
Wes

justalittleone 02-14-2009 04:09 AM

Hey, all. Went to post in yesterday, but instead of sending it I previewed it...and lost it (the database went down, so the message said). I'm in for class of Feb, too. So what's our mascot?

Happy Valentine's Day. Love to all.
-jola

least 02-14-2009 04:12 AM

My personal mascot is my two dogs whom I love more than life itself. They want me to be sober so I'm going to the local ER to get help to break this damned addiction.

My mascot is my dogs' need to have a sober "dog mom".

justalittleone 02-14-2009 04:20 AM

Well, then, good for you! I wish you the best, and good luck at ER. Come back to us and tell us how you are doing.:praying Love and angels to you!!