SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm new (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/155551-im-new.html)

Ananda 08-14-2008 04:33 AM

glad you are feeling good this morning! You started me off with a smile....I love supercolliders!:Dance7:

roger2 08-14-2008 09:36 AM

happy day

So, it's not great being on day 2 but it's better than day 1. So while I'm scrubbing the floor I hear my daughter on the radio! singing a song from her new CD. I was so so proud and excited. Tomorrow is her CD release party....and her picture is on the front page of the entertainment section of the paper...all over town!!!!!!!! woo hooo. And she's on day 2 also!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the support ya'll.

lyddie 08-14-2008 06:06 PM

How are you doing Roger2 with your Day 2?

roger2 08-15-2008 03:54 AM

doin' ok

Hey liddy - I'm doin' ok. Got a bunch to do today...many temptations.
Live radio interview 88.7 WNCW (you can listen live on the internet) ....then CD release party tonight. Nikki and I are hangin in. Ate a bunch of fruit strudle last night....had some anxiety but am perservering.
Day....THA-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeee.
Oh...to be a bird.
love ya'll - thanks so much for the support!
Annie

Skyburst 08-15-2008 05:28 AM

Hey Roger2, what time is your interview? I'll listen...on the radio :)

Hang in there!

roger2 08-18-2008 01:26 PM

nosedive day 3

Just couldn't do it. Had a few beers friday night. Then on Sunday blurred out with a 6 pack. I'm calling this day, day 4 (6-2=4).
Feel great though other than that. Should I be miserable?

Eclipse 08-18-2008 01:48 PM

Me too

I nose dived too. It is really hard on the weekends for me not to drink. We went to the cabin and the temptation is too much. I like big bottles of wine and drank a few of them over the weekend. I am very anxiety ridden today. I just can't sit still and I keep thinking, if I just have one glass of wine it will calm me down, but I know where that goes.

CarolD 08-18-2008 02:00 PM

Should I be miserable?
Why? you made a choice to drink and you did.

:laughing:...The only sober time I count is my own.

Hope you are finding SR interesting...
I certainly do.

Blessings to you and your family

roger2 08-18-2008 03:33 PM

keep trying

Eclipse - I know about the wine weekend and the anxiety...I'm sorry you nose dived.
I like those big wine bottles too, you buy the big bottle cause you are only going to have a glass or two and then you can have the bottle for the whole week, only it's gone in the morning.....I only drank beer last weekend so I don't feel bad.
The worst is the BOX wine! It's cheap and you have no idea how much you are drinking.
Just keep trying to rack up sober days. Don't feel defeated. That's what I hated about the consecutive day thing....like you are supposed to go totally without drinking for 30 days etc. and then you go nuts one night and drink and it's like it was all for nothing. Well I say NO. Count your days sober and make them to be MORE than days you drink and be proud of those days. Feeling like a failure only makes you want to drink! Youre on this website and your trying....that's something.
I live out in the woods so if I can make it home without any wine I've got it made.
Don't give up !!!!!!!!!!!!