SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   SIX MONTH and UNDER CLUB (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154794-six-month-under-club.html)

Negative Man 07-31-2008 10:55 PM

SIX MONTH and UNDER CLUB

Hi Everyone. There are 90, 60, and 30 days and under threads, plus two two weeks and under threads. Personally, I've been on all of them. They're great places, and I hope this one will be too.

I kind of feel that after 90 days, while sobriety is still the most important job for us, it's time to start looking towards building or rebuilding a life. I'd love to hear what and how people are doing.

Sobriety is a gift that our Higher Powers give to us. Our gift to our Higher Powers is what we do with it.

-- NM

Negative Man 07-31-2008 10:56 PM

And on that note, I'm going to Oregon to work on my novel for a month. Yay! Still going to hit a meeting a day and continue to fellowship, work the steps, and use my phone numbers. I'm getting back into life now.

cmhcali 08-01-2008 05:10 AM

Hello NM :) Day 46 here. I made it to this thread.

I have a question as I am really an introvert. What gave you the courage to ask for people's phone #s and to actually call them. It scares me to death. I wish people would call me and I know that is not progress..

I call my sponsor everyday but getting me to call the first time was like an out of body experience :)

Last Call 08-01-2008 07:28 AM

Hey NM I tried to start one of these a couple weeks ago but no one joined me, hopefully this one will have better support. I am just over 4 months sober now and I agree the challenge isn't so much staying sober, its figuring out how to live.

cmhcali at the meeting I attend they have phone lists readily available. You could ask whoever is chairing the meeting for an updated list. I can't help you with actually picking up the phone though, I'm pretty introverted myself and haven't even called my original sponsor since I got clean again this time around.

LC

LC

cmhcali 08-02-2008 01:04 PM

Day 47!!! I guess I will keep the thread going while NM is travelling and until others join in... Anyone six months and under all aboard :)

Hello Last Call nice to meet you :)

Toomutch 08-02-2008 02:59 PM

I'm glad that this thread was started NM. I'm just over 5 months and glad to be here.

cmhcali 08-03-2008 12:30 PM

Day 48 today..... On my way and taking it very seriously. God I have a lot of character defects :( I am a train wreck... LOL

cmhcali 08-04-2008 05:07 AM

Day 49 here!!! Hope everyone is doing well today... I am posting on 3 posts everyday and chiming in on other threads where I think I can be of some value. Hope all is well NM Toomuch and Last Call...

cmhcali 08-05-2008 05:01 AM

Checking in on day 50 :)

Dean62 08-05-2008 11:14 PM

I'm at 194 days today but this looks like a good group of people so if you don't mind I'm going to hang around and keep an eye on you guys.

NM you know you were among the first people the first people I met here. We haven't kept in touch so I just want you to know I'm proud of you. You've stuck with us and look how great your doing!!

Hugs to cmhcali, Lastcall, Toomutch and steamvessel. Your all doing great. :ghug

Toomutch 08-06-2008 07:24 AM

Good Morning everyone! Glad to see more people posting. :)

Congratulations on everyones sober time.

cmhcali 08-06-2008 07:15 PM

Day 51 here!!! Welcome Steam I have read your posts. You are doing so great...

Glad you have joined us Dean and good to see you toomutch :)

SamDamn 08-06-2008 08:01 PM

I really am jealous of you guys.

cmhcali 08-07-2008 09:33 AM

Hi SamDamn,

Why are you jealous. I joined this group early as a lot of my friends on SR are in this thread... I am here at day 52 and did not want them to forget me :)

TTOSBT 08-07-2008 09:37 AM

Good morning all!
Okay, I did not let myself post here until I was off the 90 day and under thread. I KNOW that is silly and I do not want any of YOU to do that but it is little ol anal me.

I am Day 91 here. Woohoo! I am doing pretty well this morning. :)

bostonluv 08-07-2008 09:56 AM

Woohoo is right TTOS!! Great job. Another 74 days and I can join your thread................

TTOSBT 08-07-2008 10:08 AM

Don't go Boston! We need action in here ;)

BTW, I grew up in the Sacramento valley. I miss No. Cal :(

FizzyWater 08-07-2008 01:14 PM

Just saying hello, day 91

Reckon its time to hang around in this thread for a while.

Lets reflect, where have I been on this wee journey so far, first it was the 2 weeks thread, then 30 and under, then 60 and under, then 90 and under, now here.

6 months !!!!!!!!! I thought I had to keep moving on every 30 days cos that all folks could put up with of me !!!!!!!!! You poor buggers could have me here for 3 months if all goes to plan !!!!!!!!!