SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   SIX MONTH and UNDER CLUB (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154794-six-month-under-club.html)

LogCabin 09-07-2008 09:02 PM

Day 121!

Hi everybody. Trying to catch up.
Congrats to all who continue to make it! Strenth with time is great to see. And don't give up to those who may have fallen. We understand, and have been there.

My Mom and I call the fridge with two doors....Double doors. But we are wrong.

Here, right from the horse's mouth.

I want a "French Door" fridge.... I wonder what the French call them?

Refrigerators - BestBuy

What a lovely week it has been. I love my new job. The work is great. My Manager is great (Old rocker chick..like me!) The department is great. And the campus is the best in the world! I'm very happy. The only down side is that I leave at 7:00am and don't get home till 7:00pm. so long, long days with a 3 hour commute on public transportation. Oh well. It is worth it to me. I read, have interesting conversations, people watch, and nap if I'm tired.

Anyway, it was a busy, busy weekend, and not that is over too.

Wanted to check in and let you know I am still very happily clean and sober. And yes, it does get easier with time. I know now that if I have one tough situation happen one right after another...I need to make sure I am not dealing with it alone. Way to dangerous for me to try and cope all by myself when things get bad.

Kids are good. Both of my kids went out on auditions this week. And I'm no longer really involved with this part of thier lives. I get the easy part...just show up and watch the show. I hope they both get parts. My daughter will actually be paid a very small amount if she gets in the show. My son's is with his high school. But I am so proud of him for even trying.

bostonluv 09-07-2008 09:38 PM

You LOVE your new job? Yea! That is so good to hear Log Cabin. You sound good. :)

cmhcali 09-08-2008 06:29 AM

Morning Everyone Day 85,

Seems everyone is doing really well... Fizzy It does seem to get slow on the weekends. I guess having my license back gives me more freedom. I go to meetings alone. Volunteer alot (maybe too much), work full time, have a puppy, a demanding family (ugg...)

Steam I am so in the same spot as you relationship wise. It is not easy at all. So many ups and downs. I just do not get relationships. We broke up. He was dishonest while broken up. I forgive him we still see eachother and I ask myself why can I not just move forward and let him go... Just is so hard :( We were together 4.5 years. So less than you but it is still hard...

I try to focus on my recovery first and foremost. I have too and I have to remember that everyday.

FizzyWater 09-08-2008 12:47 PM

Day 123

Just when as a group I feel we were making some real progress on the fridge debate, Log throws us a curve ball.

Great news on the job front though.

So what do the French call call French style fridges or le francois le frigo.

I've got one of them side by side jobs but the french ones look good too.

Don't see the point of the wine and beveridge cooler, no use for one now and when I was drinking never kept drink in the house unopened or undrunk long enough to worry about storing it !!!!!!!!!

Bet your glad you can drive again CM.

TT's got her chips, Log a job, CM's driving again, Horsies hiding somewhere, We're all making some great progress I reckon.

Lots of folk I didn't mention doing great as well.

Quick mention to absent friends, Negman ( started this thread ), ROFL, Benji, and others. Hope your all well and doing great too.

Steams got a job interview tomorrow I think, all the best.

That it, think so.

Till tomorrow guys

digderidoo 09-08-2008 12:55 PM

Day 100

Hi all. Checking in here.

Having a relaxing evening, after a hard days work and today i am going to bed sober!

Paul

FizzyWater 09-09-2008 12:09 PM

day 124

awright Paul ?

Good to see ye.

Welcome to the 6 month and under thread, some of us are a bit nuts but trust me, I'm one of the sensible ones.

As you can see we've been having some problems with fridges but I think were kind of through the worst of it now.

Boston was having problems with a toaster as well at some point, hope everything in your kitchen is fine ?

Everyone else ok ?

yep, good, right off to check another thread, think I saw Horsies worrying about twa dugs !!!!!!!!

least 09-09-2008 03:44 PM

I'm nearing one third of the way to six months! 58 days today! And more determined with each sober day to stay sober. I feel better, even tho I have bronchitis now, and don't make myself "sick" anymore. It's easier being sick if I'm not "sick" waking up!

Glad to see everyone coping and staying sober!

:ghug3

nogard 09-09-2008 04:29 PM

have time up but have gone back to teh basics that keep me clean and sane in early days. Hope its ok to post in here.

Kevin

Horselover 09-09-2008 04:53 PM

Glad to have you Kevin. I would say you're doing whatever it takes and I admire that.

SlvrMag 09-09-2008 06:37 PM

I have 94 days, I feel like I'm at a "Now What" phase in my sobriety. It seems I get this feeling each time I pass a 'milestone'. I really need/want to get a job, it's time!

nogard 09-09-2008 08:25 PM

I guess at any stage of recovery its best to keep doing what works, what keeps us clean or sober while at the same time we reach out and try new things.

Kevin

bostonluv 09-09-2008 08:35 PM

Glad everyone is doing well. Hope you feel better Least. I've had that before and it's no fun. You'll feel better soon with your meds.

Getting a job could be fun SlvrMag, a new challenge.

Nogard - of course it's okay to be here. Kind of cool to have someone over the 6 month actually.

Hi to everyone else: Fizzy, Paul, Christin, etc. I am sleepy but wanted to check in. I am doing well lately and that is always nice. :)

FizzyWater 09-10-2008 11:39 AM

day 125

Cheers steam

You post wherever you want Kevin.

Am I right, we're talking how long you've been sober in years yeh ?

Often think to myself, if I made it that long, would I still be a regular visiter on here or does there come a time where I just wouldn't drink and not need to think about it.

Guess we'll see, won't we.

Got to do the time first as well.

Hey ho.

Hope everyones fine

TTOSBT 09-10-2008 12:10 PM

hey, day 125 too I guess, if Fizzy says so.
This is NOT a good day.
I am extremely overwhelmed by my life and the consequences of my actions lately.
At the moment there is a warrant out for my arrest.
I just found out even though I thought I had done everything that I needed to, to take care of it.
But even though I asked the clerk at the courthouse yesterday if there was anything else I needed to do (she said no), a cop shows up at my house today to arrest me.
So, I called the court.
Nope, I need to see a judge and I can't do it today.
I have to go tomorrow.
I have missed SO much work because of this.
I know, I know. It is my own fault, one step at a time, etc.
It is not anything I will drink over but I am just so frustrated right now. I feel like I can not win for losing.
So this is what it feels like to be on the pity pot :(

Horselover 09-10-2008 12:18 PM

TTOSBT - That stinks! I hope when this thing gets straightened out things will get better for you. Do you have an attorney or even need one? Hopefully the Judge will take into consideration your hard work regarding recovery. Praying for you big time!

TTOSBT 09-10-2008 12:44 PM

I had an attorney but this is not his fault, it is mine and I am the only one that can fix it!

Horselover 09-10-2008 12:55 PM

Ok TTOSBT - I wasn't saying the attorney should fix it for you. My God! I know you feel responsible. I am just saying people that go to court should have an attorney with them. I worked as a legal secretary and unlike a lot of people, I find attorneys have some value in the courtroom. I really am sorry for your situation. I think some of the forgiveness needs to start coming from you. You will never do it again. I am sure of that. You learned your lesson.

TTOSBT 09-10-2008 01:03 PM

Ah, thank you sweetie. I am just a little emotional right now. :ghug
I am having a very hard time forgiving myself.
I do believe in lawyers. In fact, I never set foot in the courtroom during any of this AND I would not have to now if I had read all the fine print and done everything on time. Ugh.
Guess as my sponsor tells me, it is time to take the bat out of my hand now, I will not be needing that to beat myself up anymore :)

Horselover 09-10-2008 01:05 PM

YouTube - You've Got A Friend---carole King,Celine,Gloria,Shania

For you TTOSBT!