SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   For those CHRONICALLY less than 2 weeks sober Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/154526-those-chronically-less-than-2-weeks-sober-part-2-a.html)

smallRaccoon 07-28-2008 01:45 PM

Yea...i actually want to drink but i am not going to...I think if I force myself to make dinner that will help calm me down (normally i would just drink and not eat). probably gonna get a bunch of fishsticks or sumthing hehe

winwin 07-28-2008 01:49 PM

Sounds like me. I have been running from one chore to another just trying to keep busy. Too hot to go outside. Anything but drink even though a nice cold beer would be good in the hot sun. I can't even go in the car because I am afraid I will go get beer. It has to get better.

least 07-28-2008 02:00 PM

It has to get better and it WILL get better if you just keep on trying your damndest! Good grief! I was relapsing too often in the last couple months, and now I've got 15 days! THat's nothing less than a miracle! So come on all of you! Take it one minute, hour, day at a time! Never give up til you get stronger. If I can do it, so can anyone!

nayster 07-28-2008 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mtnmagic (Post 1850562)
.....Let's get through this together with all on this thread and move out of chronic ok? It is going to take some time, major pain and confusion.

That said, it is better then what we are going through isn't it, even if it is unknown?

Yes Yes! I am willing to push through this pain of change. I didn't like where I was, so I won't pour a drink and go back to where I was.

Honestly, I didn't think it would be this hard. And I probably would have given in today (Just one quick drink won't hurt anything....) if I didn't have the comfort of knowing you all were out there pulling for me.

smallraccoon - yummy! fishsticks! Sounds good to me. :biggrin:

least - thank you for the encouragment and the example of recovery! I've love to fast forward through these next few days. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be sleeping better. That will at least improve my mood.

SoBearish 07-28-2008 02:43 PM

LEAST !!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...b6105a1b0b.gif

HideorSeek 07-28-2008 03:32 PM

Hi all!

Just wanted to check in and say that I'm doing OK. I will not drink today. We were supposed to travel yesterday, but got bumped (yay, free tix) and will go tomorrow instead. So, I won't be able to log on til Weds.

In any case, for those who are struggling (myself included), we will make it because of each other. Although we may have faltered, we have not failed. And if we have stumbled, we have not fallen. As long as we keep trying, we WILL make it through.

Courage and strength, my friends.

Thanks to all of you for being there for me. Be well, tomorrow will be so much brighter if we do not drink! :ghug2

Anna 07-28-2008 03:41 PM

You guys are all doing great!

I so understand what you're going through. I got stuck at the 3-day point over and over again for the longest time. I think it was because, I knew if I got past that point, I 'd really have to stop and look at myself and the messes I'd made. So, I kept putting it off, knowing that eventually it would be the only option.

Nobody here is a loser or a fraud. We are all here together. Maybe we're at different places on the road, but we're all on the same road.

flgirl 07-28-2008 04:08 PM

Ok gonna try again...has anyone heard from "thisistheday"?

HideorSeek 07-28-2008 05:25 PM

wow, thanks Anvil. You always make so much sense to me (not woo woo at all)!!

colagirl 07-28-2008 05:43 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm home from work and feeling a little bit better. I'm still exhausted but I'm hoping that will help me get a good night's sleep tonight. My anxiety has really been bad the past couple of nights, so that just the thought of going to sleep makes me really uncomfortable. I still had a few cravings today but so far nothing as bad as yesterday. So today is day 21 (!), but I still feel like I relate so much to this thread, and still feel like I am in the "relapse danger zone".

To all of you in the very early days, I know I'm not making it sound that great lately, but it really does get easier after awhile. Keep hanging in there!

mtnmagic 07-28-2008 06:08 PM

I took a nap, got some very restless sleep but did not go and pick up anything to drink. I even tried to eat something. The hours will go by and I hope that we can hang in there together for today.

Anvil - I have to say I have followed you for months and even participated a bit on the Pennies thread. You are a true inspiration. Thanks for coming here and offering hope.

All the rest of you keeping it honest, even if it is darn right maddening is part of the solution. I can commit to a few more hours of sobriety tonight. How bout you?

winwin 07-28-2008 07:29 PM

Just checking in to check on everyone. I really thought I got a lot done today but as I walked around my house tonight I didn't see what I did. I know I didn't DRINK . I must of had a computer blackout because that is the only thing I got accomplished. But I guess if it keeps me sober I will sit here and type.

PupMum 07-28-2008 10:25 PM

Home from work. No cravings but getting rather short-tempered. Off tow hiners thread...

Klynn33 07-28-2008 11:16 PM

uh...hello all.

sooooo
are new applicants being accepted here?

(sigh..........)

sobergirl77 07-28-2008 11:20 PM

I'm starting Day 16 here... wow, it seems like a surreal number!

For the first time in a long time, yesterday (Day 15) I did not have the desire or obsession to drink at all. The terrible cravings and obsession has been lifted for now... and I am SO grateful!!

I did get some anxiety though. I saw a psychiatrist for the first time and he told me about a method of deep breathing I can use that helps. It did help a bit. I'm looking forward to having a day with absolutely no anxiety, no PAWS and no obsession. Will it be today?

Hugs to all of you... let's keep racking up the days!

mtnmagic 07-28-2008 11:35 PM

Of course Krista - Hang on, ok?

faith08 07-29-2008 03:48 AM

welcome klynn!
kudos to everyone else :hug:
im on day 3 (again)
i guess i need to research the PAWS thing. i was itching last nite alot. and have had weird, weird dreams the past 2 nites. i went to sleep last nite around 830ish and slept clean thru. when i woke up i thought it was the middle of the nite and unfortunately there were 2min until i had to get up---drat!!!
my head has been itching a lot. has anyone else experienced this? i have absolutely no energy whatsoever. and my stomach feels so bloated--i catch myself holding my stomach out instead of holding it in (i think this is more a problem with my weight gain in the past 5yrs-it seems i have no muscles in my stomach anymore--beer gut)
sorry for the rant---just wanted to check in--day 3--had 12 last time--i so want that back!

colagirl 07-29-2008 03:58 AM

Morning everyone! It's not even 4am yet and I am awake this early for the second day in a row. Slept better last night but feeling stressed to the max and can't get back to sleep. Anyway, life goes on...

Klynn! I'm sorry that you slipped but I'm glad you're back! Of course you're welcome here... did you ever leave?? :)

HideorSeek 07-29-2008 06:27 AM

Morning all and a special welcome to Krista! Lordy, it feels soooo good to wake up with a clear conscience! Everyone here is so special to me (it's getting hard for me to remember All the names, but I mean everyone). Together we can do this! Let the new day begin...:ghug