SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Controlled Drinking after 4 years? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/151450-controlled-drinking-after-4-years.html)

benjiboy 06-08-2008 07:35 AM

I agree with tiburon...i'm sure it can be done..but % low....the question though can not really be answered within the confines of this forum because the people who frequent it obviously can't control their drinking...those that have returned to controlled drinking...ain't here! ...and lets not forget we are all at very different stages of abuse...some very minor compared to others...one size doesn't fit all.
ben x

benjiboy 06-08-2008 07:40 AM

ps....Tommy. Controlled drinking is nothing like having sex with your clothes on! I have at times done both...both have remarkably different qualities.

tommyk 06-08-2008 08:20 AM

Thumbs up...! ;)

ThisIsTheDay 06-08-2008 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by benjiboy (Post 1797188)
ps....Tommy. Controlled drinking is nothing like having sex with your clothes on! I have at times done both...both have remarkably different qualities.

Ok...LOL.. you made my day with that one! Brings back old memories....

As many have posted here... for how long can one controll drink?
For me It aways starts good and then 3 days later, Off On an All night bender which leads to day drinking....:c004:

tennis71 06-08-2008 10:46 AM

Sailorjohn - interesting, I was wondering if anyone would post a link to MM. Definitely a cautionary tale from the Seattle area.

Aa_vark 06-08-2008 01:38 PM

in my experience, members who have decided to leave AA have given it much thought and gone to every length to have all of their arguements in place, to support their decision to leave and to attempt to drink moderately.

LosingmyMisery 06-08-2008 01:50 PM

Not necessarily true. Although I left the program of AA, never did I do so to attempt moderate drinking. I did give it much thought, not a whole lot of argument, it was my choice, of course. Leaving AA doesn't mean one is doing so to find the way back to drink. My goal is to remain sober, with or without the program. Today, I choose the latter.

joeycutnurhair 06-08-2008 02:32 PM

:atvfor me to drink is to die. i know i am better off just leaving those what if's alone . they alone start my obsession. i also know one drink i will call the dope man and my journey will end in prison or death

Frontier 06-08-2008 02:43 PM

There are two ways: drinking and not drinking. Only the individual can say if they are an alcoholic. They are on their own journey. I do not share my recovery with "controlled" drinkers, but anyone who wants sobriety I will share my experience strength and hope.

kcal 06-08-2008 04:20 PM

Thanks for all of your opinions. I think I iwll have him read this. He asked for my truth, but why not give him all of our truths!

Kcal

CarolD 06-08-2008 05:58 PM

I dunno Kcal....

I thought he was more interested in
how and why you are working for sobriety.

He seemed to be ok with his drinking patterns.

kcal 06-10-2008 12:12 AM

Thanks for all of your posts!

Kcal