SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   60 DAYS and UNDER CLUB (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/151232-60-days-under-club.html)

austingemini 07-01-2008 02:14 PM

good work! good book?

Originally Posted by Negative Man (Post 1820453)
Yep, creeping up on 60 days. One day at a time. Day 57 down.

Great work! You'd mentioned on an earlier thread you were reading a book - any good suggestions? I'm finding now that I'm able to actually wake up in the mornings I have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. Even started walking the dogs at 5:45am - figured I'd be up at that hour cramming down water and advil and swearing off drinking normally anyway so I may as well use it wisely instead.

benjiboy 07-01-2008 02:15 PM

...giggleing and crying...slow down honey...it's all happening too quickly...makeing someone giggle is two points...crying...deduct two points...I'm winning!!! Horseychops better try harder...I think I might have made fizzy cry though which brings me down to nil....which makes me cry...sorry fizzy...thats your fault...deduct two points...which makes me giggle...which is down to me...hey..two points for me!!!! ...which makes me giggle....

Horselover 07-01-2008 02:18 PM

Okay. Slow down Benji. Slow down. It sounds like you are ready to get a good night's sleep too. The thoughts are becoming more random then usual.

benjiboy 07-01-2008 02:19 PM

10.20pm here...yawn yawn...night all...will think about a book for you, mr negman.

FizzyWater 07-01-2008 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Horselover (Post 1821176)
Hey what time is it right now in Scotland and merry old England??

Oi ! Horselover, I thought we were friends.

Don't like this favouritism, its either Jolly old Scotland or great wee scotland or what a fantastic place that Scotland is but just plain Scotland then calling England " merry old ", well thats just bang out of order.

Just for the record its nearly half ten over here.

I'm now off to eat a haggis and go to bed.

benjiboy 07-01-2008 02:23 PM

...what d'you mean...'than usual'! I'm the most coherent amongst us...cheeky monkey!
right i'm off.
Night all. xxx zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SoosieQ 07-01-2008 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=FizzyWater;1821156]As you well know Benji - its wednesday I go down the boozer with my fancybit !!!!!!!!!!

Ok-now I'm lost. What are ya'll talkin' bout?

benjiboy 07-01-2008 10:54 PM

lol...meaning he goes to the Pub...(public house...or Bar) with his 'bit on the side'...(or mistress....being that he is in in wedlock)
...you see Fizzy is a lighthouse keeper...(at least that it what he wants me to believe...probably because it's the coolest job on the planet) ....and he gets very lonely...up there...flashing all night....(although he works during the day which I find suspicious)
Right I'm to work...i'm a tracker dog handler...got to find some missing kids in the mountains...i'm a bit of a hero really.....

Negative Man 07-02-2008 09:30 AM

Austin, my book recommendation is BLANKETS. It's a graphic novel. And it's really, really good. Check it out!

Mmmm. This thread is making me hungry. I guess that's better than making me thirsty. Day 59 for me. I'm really grateful to everyone here for making this happen! Time to make breakfast...

http://www.oceanviewinnandresort.com.../breakfast.jpg

TTOSBT 07-02-2008 09:57 AM

Morning all.
Neg man, one more day and you will be off to another thread!
Those pancakes look yummy. I had half a whole grain english muffin with peanut butter.
Tired today but emotionally better. I went and met with a trainer last night and worked out for an hour and a half. Pretty sore today but the workout helped my emotions a thousand fold!

SoosieQ 07-02-2008 11:38 AM

Yummy blueberries. Can we have waffles instead? Hope you are all well this morning and didn't "go off to the boozer with [or without] your fancybit". lol

austingemini 07-02-2008 12:11 PM

Hey Negative Man - only one more day to the 60 day mark! I realize 'keep it up' only carries so far but it's reassuring for some of us smaller day folks (4 days) to see folks making a new marker. Keep it up! (now I think I'm just over using that statement :P) Getting book on Amazon now - thanks for the recommendation.

FizzyWater 07-02-2008 12:58 PM

Bit quieter in here tonight, there was some frantic posting going on for a while there last night.

Graphic Novel - is that not just a posh word for a comic Negman ?

I recently bought a best of compilation of Commando books at a car boot sale. Anyone else remember them from their youth ? Doubt if they made it to USA but I'd have thought all the male brits will remember them.

They were responsible for my knowledge of the German language, terms like " Autching Spitfire " and " Gott in Himmel " were shouted as I ran about the playground pretending my stick was a Brenn Gun !!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I lost my job as a lighthouse keeper this afternoon, its ok though cos the Royal Marines must of heard cos they were on the phone and I start with them with as a major or something tomorrow. A major mistake possibly !!!!!!!!!

Worried about Benji now, been ages since he went looking for them kids in the mountains, warned him he'd get nowhere with a blind dog but would he listen !!!!!!!

Joking apart, 55 days sober today, have to say I feel happier and better about myself than I have for a very long time.

All the best everyone.

SoosieQ 07-02-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by FizzyWater (Post 1822201)
Bit quieter in here tonight, there was some frantic posting going on for a while there last night.

Graphic Novel - is that not just a posh word for a comic Negman ?

I recently bought a best of compilation of Commando books at a car boot sale. Anyone else remember them from their youth ? Doubt if they made it to USA but I'd have thought all the male brits will remember them.

They were responsible for my knowledge of the German language, terms like " Autching Spitfire " and " Gott in Himmel " were shouted as I ran about the playground pretending my stick was a Brenn Gun !!!!!!!!

Unfortunately I lost my job as a lighthouse keeper this afternoon, its ok though cos the Royal Marines must of heard cos they were on the phone and I start with them with as a major or something tomorrow. A major mistake possibly !!!!!!!!!

Worried about Benji now, been ages since he went looking for them kids in the mountains, warned him he'd get nowhere with a blind dog but would he listen !!!!!!!

Joking apart, 55 days sober today, have to say I feel happier and better about myself than I have for a very long time.

All the best everyone.

Lol fizzy

benjiboy 07-02-2008 10:41 PM

...whew...things were pretty tough saving the kids from ineveitable death in the mountains...but I did it...had to live of squirrals and tree roots...well back to my normal 9 to 5 as a human rights lawyer....

Horselover 07-03-2008 10:59 AM

Well I just wanted to check in everyone. I'm 52 days sober now and my creative juices are really flowing. I feel another best seller novel on the way. I can't tell you anymore then that. After I finish my novel I am going to climb Mt. Everest. Anyone care to join me??

FizzyWater 07-03-2008 12:12 PM

Day 56

First day in the Marines for me, we did a march up Mt Everest in full kit before a lunch of uncooked porridge oats, less stressful afternoon as we only had to build a tank from scratch using only things we could buy from Tesco's.

Final job of the day was being part of a guard of honour for the Queen as she attended a ceremony, imagine my suprise when up popped Benji to pick up a bravery award from her for saving those kids.

Daresay I could go back up Mt Everest though if you need the company Horselover.

While I'm enjoying the army life so far I was given another job offer today, keep it a secret guys cos I've not accepted it yet but I've been offered the chance to be the NEW Brown Power Ranger !!!!!!!!

Anyone noticed that most sensible people have deserted the 60 days and under thread, just the nutters left.

Massive congrats on 60 days today Negman, in your own words " YOU ROCK ".

He hasn't told me what thread he's off to start/join now though !!!!!!! Reckon he's trying to lose me ???????????

benjiboy 07-03-2008 12:36 PM

...more silverware...does anyone know somewhere I can recycle my medals to help save the planet...The queen told me she was getting bored of constantly awarding me! ..I said 'Lizzy love...lets give them to the poor people'...but she was just rattling on like she does....'you coming for a beer benjichops' she said...'no! ...i'm on the waggon me ole majesty' ...just another day.....Tidying up the caravan at the moment...i've got Charlies angels coming round again...sometimes I wish they'd just leave me alone...

austingemini 07-03-2008 12:49 PM

Today's day 60 for Neg right? Congrats!

FizzyWater 07-03-2008 12:56 PM

It sure is Day 60 for Negman.

If you read my post carefully you'll see I did remember to congrat him in amongst the rest.