SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   60 DAYS and UNDER CLUB (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/151232-60-days-under-club.html)

FreeinMilwaukee 07-06-2008 04:23 PM

Hey everyone! I am wrapping up day 3 right now. It feels good to be sober but I have been SUPER hungry. Also, I got so much work done this weekend it makes me wonder where I'd be if this were a regular thing. Well, it is from now on. Thanks for starting the thread Negative!

Iloow 07-07-2008 12:46 AM

I have now graduated from the less than two weeks thread as I am on day 15. Am going to my councillor and a meeting this morning.

gransha 07-07-2008 02:40 AM

Day 8

Week is starting off bad. Got out of bed wrong side, twisting and turning all night thinking about stupid things I done in the past as a result of drink.

How could a person end up in such a mess

benjiboy 07-07-2008 03:53 AM

Thank you those who sent messages of support. All is well...physically still rough around the edges....but I'm back on the track again...thought I should be able to get away with the odd little drink...had one at the opening of a small art show where i'm showing photo's...well...three days later...three bottles of Absolute later...3 trillion cigs later....£200 worth of avoided work later..lines and more lines....poision...yuk...
....before I nhad that first drink I managed to get out of the gallery for a few minutes and take a walk and sort of discussed with myself whether or not I should have a drink...it was like I was in front of a crowd all baying for me to drink...and my voice of sobriety was drowned out...I really felt like I had NO choice. If it happens again I will just leave the place I am and go...get out....
...as soon as I had the first sip it was game over...I wanted loads...more and more...was being deceptive within minutes....one drink kept inside...one outside etc.
Anyway. I can see the error of my ways...so...day one...hello again!!!

TTOSBT 07-07-2008 11:23 AM

Happy Monday All!
Happy 60 day FW!

TTOSBT 07-07-2008 11:23 AM

Hi Benji {HUGS}
Git up on that horse again. You know you can do this, so happy Day 1!!!

BTW, Today is Day 60 for me. going to get my chip tonight :)

FizzyWater 07-07-2008 12:54 PM

Hey Benji, thinking of you mate.

You sound strong, hope you do ok.

Cheers TT, day 60 nearly done.

gransha 07-08-2008 05:58 AM

Day 9 thank god. Its going to be a tough week. f2f tonight

Dreamchaser 07-08-2008 06:31 AM

Day 4 for me and feeling good.

benjiboy 07-08-2008 11:30 AM

Hello all, Hope you're all well on this fine evening....where's that Horsechops got to? I'm just about feeling normal again...though slightly depressed....where's the st johns wort got to!
B

Horselover 07-08-2008 12:18 PM

Hi Benj - I'm here and there today. I've got a 14 year old with me this week and its a little hard to deal with. She arrives at 6 am and goes to bed. She slept today until 1 pm and is still in the bedroom watching tv now. She doesn't talk. Its just kind of strange is all. I would have gotten my arse kicked to the moon if I did this as a teenager. My Mom would have had no sympathy for me. Any ways - now you see why I'm not on here. I'm a bit of a whiner today!

Really glad you're back!! That St. Johns Wort does work and Melatonin works for sleeping too. I don't think some people in this house need any help with sleeping if you know what I mean. Wink! I had better go and let those with a little more positive attitudes post.

TTOSBT 07-08-2008 12:22 PM

Hi all!
Glad you are cheering up Benji. Came by to give ya a hug. :)

FizzyWater 07-08-2008 12:33 PM

Was away to post in this new fangled 90 day milarky thingy, then I noticed all my friends are in here !!!!!!!!!!

What does this St Johns wort do for you, what am I missing out on, I want some.

Melatonin - whats that as well, does it help you sleep, if its natural i'm interested, bit wary of sleeping pills as reckon I might just get myself addicted to them if I wasn't careful. Went through a packet of Nytol one a days in 14 days a couple of weeks back ( theres 14 in a packet ) and had to stop myself buying more as a wee habit was starting to form there.

Good to hear your doing ok Benji

I cant get my 2 kids to go to sleep Horsie, be glad she's sleeping all day.

All the best everyone.

LogCabin 07-08-2008 01:13 PM

Day 60 for me too. It feels great. I really wanted to say it last night in my home group, but my sponsor told me to wait.

I don't plan to collect a chip until I get to my 2nd birthday. Even though I had made it 2.5 years I never collected a 2 year chip. And I have all of them up till then.

benjiboy 07-08-2008 01:57 PM

st Johns wort is a herbal antidepresent. I just use it for a few days or a week or so. I find it very effective...it's been used in Britain since the 1600's...it's just a plant extract from a plant called...you guessed it...St John's Wort...it grows everywhere.
Never heard of melletellysleepywotsit though...Horsechops will sell you some...nudge nudge...what have you done to the summer eh fizzy? ...

Horselover 07-08-2008 02:10 PM

Melatonin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of insomniacs on SR. They should probably be checking this out. Not addictive that I know of.

Hi Benjiboy!

FizzyWater 07-09-2008 01:19 PM

Look out for that Storkie thing Benji, ai'nt seen her for a while.

Maybe give her a wee helping hand if you bump into her.