SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Sober since Tuesday morning. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/150058-sober-since-tuesday-morning.html)

Horselover 05-16-2008 02:12 PM

Sober since Tuesday morning.

Hi. I am 42 years old and am a mom to a 5 year old and a wife to a husband for 18 years. I felt I had a lot going for me. I have stayed home to take care of my son and I volunteer at a ranch for abused and neglected horses. There's the cover to the book.

The inside goes like this - I have been an alcoholic since the first time I picked up a bottle of beer back in high school. I drank way too much and got sick. I continued to do this into my college years and even after. I stopped drinking and cigarettes while I was pregnant and when my son was a baby. I never smoked again, but the alcohol crept back up and I have been drinking wine daily from 4 pm to bedtime most every night. I rarely got a hang over, but I have plenty of good reasons to become sober.

1. I feel I am demanding death visits my door very soon.
2. My son says "I am scary when I drink wine." Huge reason!!! Guilt.
3. My personality changes and I become VERY depressed.
4. I don't like myself when I wake up.

I have not hit some's rock bottom, but I believe mine is just as bad as I want it to get. I was in AA in my early 20's and stayed sober for 1 year. I felt I could handle it after that and drifted back into my old habits.

I have told my husband it doesn't matter what scheme my mind makes up, it all starts and ends with that 1st glass.

Thanks to this forum I am hoping not to pick up another glass. I was with my Mom visiting for the 1st two days of my sobriety and she was my drinking partner. She had some wine while I was there, but asked if it bothered me. It didn't and I was fine. I couldn't sit there and watch her get wasted and she didn't. I think she was glad when I left so she could return to her normal wine at night.

Did I tell you I am in a dark, dark mood. We are going out for fish fry and to the video store for a change of pace since its Friday.

I hope to become very involved in this forum and I thank God its here.

sailorjohn 05-16-2008 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Horselover (Post 1773879)
Hi. I am 42 years old and am a mom to a 5 year old and a wife to a husband for 18 years. I felt I had a lot going for me. I have stayed home to take care of my son and I volunteer at a ranch for abused and neglected horses. There's the cover to the book.

The inside goes like this - I have been an alcoholic since the first time I picked up a bottle of beer back in high school. I drank way too much and got sick. I continued to do this into my college years and even after. I stopped drinking and cigarettes while I was pregnant and when my son was a baby. I never smoked again, but the alcohol crept back up and I have been drinking wine daily from 4 pm to bedtime most every night. I rarely got a hang over, but I have plenty of good reasons to become sober.

1. I feel I am demanding death visits my door very soon.
2. My son says "I am scary when I drink wine." Huge reason!!! Guilt.
3. My personality changes and I become VERY depressed.
4. I don't like myself when I wake up.

I have not hit some's rock bottom, but I believe mine is just as bad as I want it to get. I was in AA in my early 20's and stayed sober for 1 year. I felt I could handle it after that and drifted back into my old habits.

I have told my husband it doesn't matter what scheme my mind makes up, it all starts and ends with that 1st glass.

Thanks to this forum I am hoping not to pick up another glass. I was with my Mom visiting for the 1st two days of my sobriety and she was my drinking partner. She had some wine while I was there, but asked if it bothered me. It didn't and I was fine. I couldn't sit there and watch her get wasted and she didn't. I think she was glad when I left so she could return to her normal wine at night.

Did I tell you I am in a dark, dark mood. We are going out for fish fry and to the video store for a change of pace since its Friday.

I hope to become very involved in this forum and I thank God its here.

WELCOME!!!

Always was comparing myself when it came to my drinking, my best definition for my alcoholism was that I didn't get into trouble every time I was drinking, but every time I got into trouble I had been drinking.

BUTTERFLY-7 05-16-2008 02:24 PM

Keep coming Back it works if you work it so work itandhttp://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...177-3AFQ1V.gif

LibertyorDeath 05-16-2008 02:25 PM

Welcome aboard! Best of luck to you! You will find lots of support and information here.

Liberty~

nogard 05-16-2008 06:11 PM

Welcome to SR :)

bigredme 05-16-2008 06:17 PM

Good goin lady! Welcome to the forum. There is something for all here. I think you are very strong and wise to come to terms with your drinking. Keep writing and I will keep you in my thoughts.
bigredme

kj3880 05-16-2008 06:22 PM

Welcome!!! Glad to have another woman in her prime years around to talk to!!!
:ghug3