SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   To stop my graving this morning, I..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/147492-stop-my-graving-morning-i.html)

1is2Many 04-04-2008 08:29 AM

To stop my graving this morning, I.....

Ate 1/2 an apple pie and drank a Dr.Pepper. My stomach isnt feeling so hot, but I don't have a taste for a drink now.:yumyum:

caitlin666 04-04-2008 11:00 AM

rofl @ 1is2many

oh the things ive ate at all hours, sure anythings better than the drink

adore79 04-04-2008 11:08 AM

I came to SR!!

1is2Many 04-04-2008 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by felly79 (Post 1728890)
I came to SR!!

That too.:c029:

Lily 04-04-2008 12:19 PM

Good for you! eat now, stay clean and you can always diet later. done that lots of times! blessings, sheila

stone 04-04-2008 12:23 PM

Eating is a very powerful way of beating cravings. Mine were not only mental but also involved an ache in my stomach. Eating greasy food worked best for me. KFC was my fave.
:)

splendra 04-04-2008 02:39 PM

I believe that in some people sugar imbalance is what makes it so difficult to get past cravings. You might want to seek some help with that thru your health care provider if you continue to crave sugar and feel bad after eating your fill of it. You don't really want your addiction to become sugar. Take good care of yourself.

1is2Many 04-05-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by splendra (Post 1729126)
I believe that in some people sugar imbalance is what makes it so difficult to get past cravings. You might want to seek some help with that thru your health care provider if you continue to crave sugar and feel bad after eating your fill of it. You don't really want your addiction to become sugar. Take good care of yourself.

Thanks for your concern, but I'll take that trade anyday. I never ate too many doughnuts and got into a fight at Krispey Kreme.
I do want to eat better, and quit smoking,and I'm improving with those 2 things. I feel if I can stay sober, those things will be managable.

trakin 04-05-2008 07:55 PM

I just have to say that I appreciated the typo/possible play on words: "graving." No doubt. It's the crave that leads to the grave. Hope you beat it. Hope I do too.

sailorjohn 04-05-2008 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1is2Many (Post 1729893)
Thanks for your concern, but I'll take that trade anyday. I never ate too many doughnuts and got into a fight at Krispey Kreme.
I do want to eat better, and quit smoking,and I'm improving with those 2 things. I feel if I can stay sober, those things will be managable.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

CarolD 04-05-2008 08:23 PM

In early sobriety....
I timed my cravings.

They were 5-7 minutes in duration.
Not too long too endure discomfort
Soooo....I took action.
Walked...rushed my teeth... Drank cold water...Hard candy

Within 2 weeks...the lessened in both time and intensity.
By 2 or so months .... they vanished.

Now...were they mental or physical?
Darn if I know. Nor do I care.

Forward we go...side by side
:)