SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Cannot Stop Binge Drinking (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141531-cannot-stop-binge-drinking.html)

Lightning Bug 08-27-2013 01:07 PM

Welcome!!!

dreamtoachieve 01-04-2015 07:04 AM

binge drinkers are selfish idiots, i know because i have been one.

Who chooses to drink? Each and every one of us are responsible for ourselves but responsibility doesn't end with ourselves or at least it does for a binger because we're selfish that way, but to survive, procreate, eat, sleep we all rely on eachother in a way and people rely on us so we can't just go off our heads when we feel like it.

Abstinence is a load of crap and it doesn't solve anything when it comes to the actual issue the individual has, obviously the health benefits are great but spending your entire life avoiding alcohol in case you go on a crazy binge and can't stop? no thanks. I've been a binge drinker for over ten years, I'm drinking a beer right now - nice chilled out beer on a sunday afternoon but guess what? there's not one bit of me that wants to drink until I black out.

From personal experience I believe that every binge drinker has some kind of underlying issue as to why they do it in the first place, like low self esteem, or depression which is most likely caused by the alcohol in the first place, or from some unresolved childhood issue, so at least take the alcohol away then the underlying problem (at least caused by alcohol) itself resolves itself (obviously)

I believe that unless your physically dependent then we all have the power to say no, people just don't know it, well my advice stop being a dick head and educate yourself.

Make friends with yourself and tell yourself..."look this is ******* stupid, I can do better than this, I don't give a **** what people think of me, I'm a great man / woman with the power inside myself to achieve many great things"

I advise these books: (all cheaper than a weekend on the booze)

The Willpower Instinct
Brilliant Cognitive Behavioural Therapy >>> THIS ONE ESPECIALLY
The body has it's reasons.

These books have changed my life, but only because I wanted to change if you don't then don't, just don't stress about it.

I Never stop improving myself and becoming a stronger version of myself, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.

But you have to want to! BTW it takes 3 months for your hormone levels to go back to normal if you're a heavy drinker.

Soberwolf 01-04-2015 07:08 AM

Guys this thread is originally from 2008 and for some reason some folk in 2013 didnt see that either now its happening in 2015

this thread is 7 years old guys

Inspired1 07-02-2016 03:28 PM

I feel your pain, exactly my story too.

Originally Posted by Jamsil (Post 1636502)
Hello,

My problem with alcohol is that I cannot stop once I start. If I am out, I drink to get drunk and drink quite a bit. This usually happens every time I go out and I'm so very tired of it. I don't know how to control myself and I get so depressed about everything the next day. I want to stop binge drinking but I can't.

I do not drink every day and I do not ever get an urge to drink during the week. It's just when the weekends roll around and I'm set to go out. It's sad that I cannot control myself and have to quit drinking completely as I think this is the only way to stop. I don't know what else to do. If anyone else has a similar problem such as mine, I would really like to hear from you. Should I see a doctor or perhaps AA? Am I someone who would benefit from AA? Why can't I stop?

My problem is exactly the same. So afraid I won't be able to stop, ever and I'll loose everything.

Soberwolf 07-02-2016 03:32 PM

Welcome Inspired

Dee74 07-02-2016 04:39 PM

Hi and welcome Inspired :)

good to have you with us. Feel free to start your own thread if you like :)

D