SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Two-Year Anniversary of Hands Across Time Zones (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141248-two-year-anniversary-hands-across-time-zones.html)

bostonluv 09-18-2008 06:49 PM

Hey BeamMeUpScotty - I forgot we have the same birthday - No booze for 60 days tomorrow. But unlike you this has been the longest for me ever. Quit a lot of other things before but never gave up my wine and brandy for more than 6 weeks. Just wanted to say hey!!

BeamMeUpScotty 09-19-2008 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by bostonluv (Post 1914785)
Hey BeamMeUpScotty - I forgot we have the same birthday - No booze for 60 days tomorrow. But unlike you this has been the longest for me ever. Quit a lot of other things before but never gave up my wine and brandy for more than 6 weeks. Just wanted to say hey!!

Hey to you too! Good job and we'll do this again in 30 more days.

Jersey Nonny 09-20-2008 01:35 PM

Let's hope so...I don't want to have to track you down in California or Tokyo!!!

Jersey Nonny 09-30-2008 08:32 AM

Saw you "lurking", Michael, and wanted to catch your attention. It's always good to "see you"! Hope you're having a good evening. It is nighttime there, isn't it? Almost 11:30 a.m. here.

BeamMeUpScotty 09-30-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny (Post 1928203)
Saw you "lurking", Michael, and wanted to catch your attention. It's always good to "see you"! Hope you're having a good evening. It is nighttime there, isn't it? Almost 11:30 a.m. here.

Hey, hey!

Yeah, it's about 2:10 a.m. right now. I can't sleep. I've been fighting a horrible case of gout in my right ankle. Went to the hospital and they gave me some medicine and some skin "pads" but they aren't helping that much. For some reason it's worse when I lie down. Right as I'm about to fall asleep my muscles in my ankle twitch hard and I go into excruciating pain. I've been dealing with this for a week and I just want it to be over.

Sorry to be a downer.

Michael

Jersey Nonny 09-30-2008 11:37 AM

Never had gout, but I understand it's awful. I do hope the doc is able to get it under control. Are you supposed to keep it elevated? Or, can you sleep "sitting up", like in a recliner?

I have the good ol' RLS (restless leg syndrome)...if I don't get the nightly dose of Mirapex, the legs go jumping all over the place. And, of course, it only happens at night!

I've just been summoned to a Social to celebrate Rosh Hashana...apples and honey...can't be bad. I'll catch up later. Try to get some rest.

rae

Max Oblivia 03-12-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny (Post 1684825)
Good Sober Sunday! The snow has almost melted away...but, we're still here!

Not sure where you are at today Jersey Nonny, but this thread and you got me started many years ago toward sobriety,

6 mo's ago I took the plunge and haven't looked back. Thank you everyone here for all you do and thank you for helping me set my course all those years ago.

I am,

Soberus Maxus.

Dee74 03-12-2012 01:52 PM

congrats Max
Not sure where JN is now but I hope she might read this :)

D