SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Two-Year Anniversary of Hands Across Time Zones (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/141248-two-year-anniversary-hands-across-time-zones.html)

Jersey Nonny 02-11-2008 07:56 AM

Hope everyone had a safe, healthy, sober weekend. Mine was pretty uneventful. Found a new card game on line...Hearts...never played anything like this where the object is to get as few points as possible. I think I'm catching on.

Take care...see you later.

Jersey Nonny 02-13-2008 07:22 AM

Had an appointment with a vascular surgeon yesterday...trying to find out why it's taking so long for the leg wound to heal. Good news is the ultra sound showed no blood clots...bad news is he wants me to keep the leg elevated "always". Just isn't going to happen unless I'm bedridden 24/7...so, I'm going to have to limit my computer time to four hours a day, and take my meals in bed. I go back to the doc on 3/18...so, hopefully there'll be enough improvement by then.

Wish me luck.

Jersey Nonny 02-14-2008 09:51 AM

If no one has told you today that they love you... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...of_child34.gif consider yourself told!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

Jersey Nonny 02-15-2008 09:03 AM

Come out, come out, wherever you are! Hope everyone had a good St. V's Day and looking forward to a pleasant weekend...TGIF!

gypsytears 02-15-2008 10:01 AM

Hi HATZer's :).

You have to stay in bed for a month Rae? Wow! I hope you have improvement too.

I usually post my daily drivel on the Bottoms thread but those that don't read that may not know my stepfather is in ICU. He went to the hospital on Monday having trouble breathing and by Tuesday morning he was on a respirator. He's improved to the point now where he's off the respirator and eating etc. Still in ICU though. I've been back and forth to Princeton a lot these past few days.

Yesterday was my daughter's birthday. She's 15 now :yikes:. Best Valentine's Day present ever :).

indigo 02-15-2008 10:44 AM

Hello from a beautiful spring day here in France hi there Stone

expenguin 02-15-2008 12:51 PM

Happy day after Valentine's Day everyone.....

Praying for your family and you Gypsy Tears.....I feel for you...

Rae... Praying for you that all goes as well as you want.... Hang in there and know that I am here for you....

As for me..... I have been here but in spirit mostly the last few days.... Lots going on here and neighbor lady still being her stuborn self and not talking to me.... after all I did for her parents and for her the last nine years or so..... But for me I am here and thanking God for all the love I have in my heart no matter what.......

Yes...... I forgive others when they wrong me and think the worse of me.... I am not a bad person and I am the type that keeps giving and not wanting anything in return... that is the way God would have wanted me to be the rest of my life and beyond.......

I don't know any other way to walk my life.... I just keep on giving like the energizer bunny who keeps moving and moving forward....

Little Penguin

expenguin 02-18-2008 07:50 AM

Rise and shine you all....... it is almost 8am for us here in sunshine Calif.... and yet the clouds are thinking of rain for us this week....

I will have a good day no matter what and keep moving forward.....

working on NOT LOOKING AT HOUSE NEXT DOOR.... they have windows going in on our side of the house and that means no privacy for us anymore....

I have to get work done to get my privacy back...... thinking of what to do and soon before this place is done..... want to put up my own second story... But must win the Lottery first...........

A plan for the future and soon I pray.....

Little Penguin

miss communicat 02-18-2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by stone (Post 1666457)
Cliquey = exclusive, yes. That is what I meant.

If someone says 'hi' it is customary to say 'hi' back. That's all.

and since when are we, a group of drunks and addicts in recovery, interested in social customs? all are loved and welcomed here. and, some friendships have grown out of this connection. no need for snarkiness or hostility. we love you, too stone

expenguin 02-19-2008 06:12 AM

Come on in all you that have stayed away........We need some stories of where you have been for so long....

I am here today for the moment and looking for all the Hugs to keep me going in this program........

Little Penguin

expenguin 02-21-2008 06:49 AM

Looking for all my friends today..... lonely here all by myself....

Leaving all the food you want today and loads of stuff you will see only once in a while........

Today's special is: Hot muffins of all types
sausage
steak
bacon
Hot Coffee ,Tea, water, sparkle water
Hot Cocoa, Orange Juice, cranberry Juice
Waffles , pancakes,
Eggs ( cooked anyway you want)

That is enough for now...... must run.....
Almost forgot...... don't forget to catch the meeting in the other room after you get all your food .................

Little Penguin

expenguin 02-22-2008 06:33 AM

Looks like no takers for the food spread........Oh Well.....

Back for another day and out to see the Bike riders coming into Solvang Calif. What an exciting thing to have in our area........

Rain today and lots they say..... so may find a place to hide out or just stay home and watch the riders on TV.........they are doing time trials for today and at the end of the line tomarrow will show who wins this whole event....... Lots of People from all over the world here.....

Little Penguin

gypsytears 02-22-2008 07:33 AM

Snow day. Kids are all home. My son would've stayed home anyway since he he's been throwing up since 3am.

The teen is sulking because I refuse to drive the whole family (sick child and all) on dangerous icy unplowed roads to get her braces off. I rescheduled.

My father is still in the hopsital. He has a bacterial infection now. And he's still not back on his feet. They wanted to move him to a rehab facility to get him breathing better and walking but with the infection they're keeping him in the hospital. The roads are pretty bad the husband said when he called after getting to work so I don't think I'll be going to visit my father today and it's his birthday :(.

I hurt my knee at yoga... wearing a knee brace now and starting physical therapy on Monday for a month to see if the pain goes away.

How's everyone else :) ?

Jersey Nonny 02-22-2008 07:39 AM

Hi, HATZ'ers! It's been a bit crazy around here...very short-staffed...been getting up late...going back to bed in middle of the day, because the leg has been bothering me.

Today...
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Natu...rl_in_snow.gif it would be a good day to stay snuggled in bed! I think the folks here are blaming me for the 3" - 4", and still falling...because I wore my "Let It Snow" sweatshirt yesterday. I kept telling them I'm not that powerful! Anyway, it looks pretty, if you don't have to drive in it.

Jersey Nonny 02-23-2008 10:25 AM

Uh, Oh! Slipped to Page Two again! Hope that just means all the HATZ'ers are OK, doing fun things that keep them too busy to post at SR.

Jersey Nonny 02-24-2008 09:10 AM

Good Sober Sunday! The snow has almost melted away...but, we're still here!

gypsytears 02-24-2008 09:23 AM

Hi Rae. We still have snow by me. Not doing anything fun today... my other son is throwing up sick.

How's the leg :) ?

expenguin 02-24-2008 11:30 AM

Glad you both are doing ok with all the snow.....

No one sick here except me...... just kidding.... I am down and wish for a friend to talk to when I need.... NO one around here like that for me.... sort of don't get too close to anyone as I have been hurt in the past....

I have some friends.... but not super close as most have their own things they do with other friends..... and they have no time for friends in their lives......

God is my best friend and listens to me each day..... guess I need to be my own best friend............

Hugs to you all and praying that your leg gets better rae..... and your knee..gypsy....

Little Penguin

expenguin 02-25-2008 06:19 AM

Here today and keeping the light burning for those that are lost in the world...... Recovery is on the top and everything else hanging.....

Little Penguin

Jersey Nonny 02-26-2008 09:48 AM

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Jobs.../Sick_duck.gif Well...there's lots of sickness here! Coughing, coughing, coughing...all around me. So far, I think at least 15 people have been "sent out" over the past week...hospitalized with varying degrees of upper respiratory + lower intestinal ailments. They finally locked us down...dining room closed...doors between units closed. We are quarantined!!! I had already decided this morning to stick close to my room.

Thank goodness for the pc! I will be checking in from time to time.

Stay well, everyone.