SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I need some support... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/134927-i-need-some-support.html)

muzyrules 10-17-2007 05:25 AM

I need some support...

Hi there, I have only posted a few times but I need some help. I have been clean (until yesterday) for almost three months. Came home from resedential treatment two weeks ago and was feeling great. My drug of choice was prescription meds. Yesterday I got a prescription for codeine from the dentist (had a very infected jaw) and I picked up a bottle of wine. I don't even drink! I have been taking the pills by the hand full and drank the wine last night. I am so angry and discouraged at myself, I keep telling myself to go flush the pills but I can't seem to do it. I am scared and don't know what to do. I don't want to give in to this and I can't believe I started again. What the heck do I do now? Please send me some advice. I can't just go to a NA meeting as I live in a small town with only one meeting a week and I am sooooo embarassed I don't know who to talk to. My family is so proud, I don't want to let them down yet again... Who do I talk to? Thanks for your time.:c004:

RK2007 10-17-2007 05:34 AM

I'm the last person to give advice at the moment, just thought I'd let you know you're not alone, I'm back to sqaure one as well...

Like you, I still want to beat my addiction... :(

muzyrules 10-17-2007 05:54 AM

Thanks RK2007, I feel like such a loser and that I am the only person to screw up yet again... I don't want to do this again. I know where a handfull of codeine leads... to more and stronger stuff. I don't understand the wine though??? I don't, or ever have drink. It's like everyone talks about alcohol so my addictive self thought I would give it a try, how stupid can I get????:a043:

Impurrfect 10-17-2007 06:08 AM

Muzy -

you're not stupid - you're an addict. I just looked at your profile and see you're a nurse. I'm trying to get my nursing license back - don't have it now because of my addiction.

This may not apply to you, but only my experience. Because I knew that alcohol would speed up the affect of any narcotic (yep - learned that in nursing school!), I would drink with narcs to get a buzz faster. It usually only happened when I felt really guilty about taking the narcs in the first place - I've heard here it's hard to get high when you've got a little recovery under your belt. I couldn't drown out the bad feelings fast enough with just the narcs, had to add alcohol and even then it didn't always work.

You're not a loser...I got clean from narcs, discovered crack and was addicted to that for more than 2 years. Had way more than a year clean from that, relapsed for a week, and now I've got almost 8 months.

Stop beating yourself up and start over again. I STILL have to be on guard around narcs - told both my dentist and Dr. I was a nurse and addicted to narcs. They will only give me very limited scripts for pain if I need it (so far I haven't but have to have 4 teeth pulled soon).

Keep posting here, pm me if you need to.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

RK2007 10-17-2007 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by muzyrules (Post 1530109)
Thanks RK2007, I feel like such a loser and that I am the only person to screw up yet again... I don't want to do this again. I know where a handfull of codeine leads... to more and stronger stuff. I don't understand the wine though??? I don't, or ever have drink. It's like everyone talks about alcohol so my addictive self thought I would give it a try, how stupid can I get????:a043:

It the last place you want to be bro, believe me when I say that... :(

Missymae737 10-17-2007 07:12 AM

:ghug Forgive yourself and start over...I slipped a couple of times before I realized I wanted to live without the insanity of addiction...

You can do this...

parentrecovers 10-17-2007 07:23 AM

you're not a loser - it's a relentless disease. start over today. dump the wine and flush the pills and start over. you deserve it. blessings, k

sneakers 10-17-2007 01:45 PM

We are not perfect

Originally Posted by muzyrules (Post 1530091)
Hi there, I have only posted a few times but I need some help. I have been clean (until yesterday) for almost three months. Came home from resedential treatment two weeks ago and was feeling great. My drug of choice was prescription meds. Yesterday I got a prescription for codeine from the dentist (had a very infected jaw) and I picked up a bottle of wine. I don't even drink! I have been taking the pills by the hand full and drank the wine last night. I am so angry and discouraged at myself, I keep telling myself to go flush the pills but I can't seem to do it. I am scared and don't know what to do. I don't want to give in to this and I can't believe I started again. What the heck do I do now? Please send me some advice. I can't just go to a NA meeting as I live in a small town with only one meeting a week and I am sooooo embarassed I don't know who to talk to. My family is so proud, I don't want to let them down yet again... Who do I talk to? Thanks for your time.:c004:

Hi Muzyrules: we make mistakes pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep it moving to an NA meeting, my suggestion to you is take IB for pain.

Your friend

Sneakers, :ghug