Notices

I need some support...

Old 10-17-2007, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some support...

Hi there, I have only posted a few times but I need some help. I have been clean (until yesterday) for almost three months. Came home from resedential treatment two weeks ago and was feeling great. My drug of choice was prescription meds. Yesterday I got a prescription for codeine from the dentist (had a very infected jaw) and I picked up a bottle of wine. I don't even drink! I have been taking the pills by the hand full and drank the wine last night. I am so angry and discouraged at myself, I keep telling myself to go flush the pills but I can't seem to do it. I am scared and don't know what to do. I don't want to give in to this and I can't believe I started again. What the heck do I do now? Please send me some advice. I can't just go to a NA meeting as I live in a small town with only one meeting a week and I am sooooo embarassed I don't know who to talk to. My family is so proud, I don't want to let them down yet again... Who do I talk to? Thanks for your time.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

I'm the last person to give advice at the moment, just thought I'd let you know you're not alone, I'm back to sqaure one as well...

Like you, I still want to beat my addiction...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks RK2007, I feel like such a loser and that I am the only person to screw up yet again... I don't want to do this again. I know where a handfull of codeine leads... to more and stronger stuff. I don't understand the wine though??? I don't, or ever have drink. It's like everyone talks about alcohol so my addictive self thought I would give it a try, how stupid can I get????
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Muzy -

you're not stupid - you're an addict. I just looked at your profile and see you're a nurse. I'm trying to get my nursing license back - don't have it now because of my addiction.

This may not apply to you, but only my experience. Because I knew that alcohol would speed up the affect of any narcotic (yep - learned that in nursing school!), I would drink with narcs to get a buzz faster. It usually only happened when I felt really guilty about taking the narcs in the first place - I've heard here it's hard to get high when you've got a little recovery under your belt. I couldn't drown out the bad feelings fast enough with just the narcs, had to add alcohol and even then it didn't always work.

You're not a loser...I got clean from narcs, discovered crack and was addicted to that for more than 2 years. Had way more than a year clean from that, relapsed for a week, and now I've got almost 8 months.

Stop beating yourself up and start over again. I STILL have to be on guard around narcs - told both my dentist and Dr. I was a nurse and addicted to narcs. They will only give me very limited scripts for pain if I need it (so far I haven't but have to have 4 teeth pulled soon).

Keep posting here, pm me if you need to.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Originally Posted by muzyrules View Post
Thanks RK2007, I feel like such a loser and that I am the only person to screw up yet again... I don't want to do this again. I know where a handfull of codeine leads... to more and stronger stuff. I don't understand the wine though??? I don't, or ever have drink. It's like everyone talks about alcohol so my addictive self thought I would give it a try, how stupid can I get????
It the last place you want to be bro, believe me when I say that...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:ghug Forgive yourself and start over...I slipped a couple of times before I realized I wanted to live without the insanity of addiction...

You can do this...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you're not a loser - it's a relentless disease. start over today. dump the wine and flush the pills and start over. you deserve it. blessings, k
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We are not perfect

Originally Posted by muzyrules View Post
Hi there, I have only posted a few times but I need some help. I have been clean (until yesterday) for almost three months. Came home from resedential treatment two weeks ago and was feeling great. My drug of choice was prescription meds. Yesterday I got a prescription for codeine from the dentist (had a very infected jaw) and I picked up a bottle of wine. I don't even drink! I have been taking the pills by the hand full and drank the wine last night. I am so angry and discouraged at myself, I keep telling myself to go flush the pills but I can't seem to do it. I am scared and don't know what to do. I don't want to give in to this and I can't believe I started again. What the heck do I do now? Please send me some advice. I can't just go to a NA meeting as I live in a small town with only one meeting a week and I am sooooo embarassed I don't know who to talk to. My family is so proud, I don't want to let them down yet again... Who do I talk to? Thanks for your time.

Hi Muzyrules: we make mistakes pick yourself up and dust yourself off and keep it moving to an NA meeting, my suggestion to you is take IB for pain.

Your friend

Sneakers, :ghug