SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Bottoms Part 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/129472-bottoms-part-5-a.html)

gypsytears 07-27-2007 05:19 PM

Hey Jen... if you feel really bad, you get to a doctor or the hospital ya hear?

I'm more than happy to talk to you and hold your hand too :).

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pilgrim (Post 1428555)
Hi Numb,

Sometimes at the beginning we have to just do it one day at a time. No matter what. Can you get through this day without drinking? If that is too hard, try an hour or even five minutes at a time. It gets better hun, it really does. Have you tried a support group? What other support apart from SR do you have? I found I couldn't stay stopped on my own. We are here to keep you company.

the drinking is new.... to enhance the opiates... i hate to drink actually but ive been becomming despirate lately
even went so far as thinking about using DXM along with it before I came here for the first time
Ive been to therapy and rehab for other things and they were treating me for the drugs as well ... but i was using in rehab ...
*shakes head* :(

stone 07-27-2007 05:22 PM

Hi everyone, hi Jen.
I know it's hard hun but you can do it, have you just quit or are are you tapering off the tablets? :hug:

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by gypsy tears (Post 1428557)
Hey Jen... if you feel really bad, you get to a doctor or the hospital ya hear?

I'm more than happy to talk to you and hold your hand too :).

thank you :)

Im from new york and all the hospitals want you to do when you go is to throw you in the ward, especially me since i have prior history with being a cutter and suicidal.

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by stone (Post 1428562)
Hi everyone, hi Jen.
I know it's hard hun but you can do it, have you just quit or are are you tapering off the tablets? :hug:

As of last night I stopped cold
havent had anything at all for 24 hours

Pilgrim 07-27-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by igetallnumb (Post 1428552)
my body has built such a tolerance that i was up to 10+ a day with a half a bottle of absolute

my body is so sick of it i wish my mind was

Your body thinks it needs alcohol to survive. It has developed mutations in your cells to deal with the alcohol and now it actually needs it. In early recovery, our bodies crave for this reason.

Your body will heal. Mine is starting to heal. I was also able to drink huge amounts every day and the tolerance got so crazy, I was still quite active and able when I was close to being poisoned. A normal drinker would have been in hospital.

Thank you so much for reminding me. You posting here is helping me today. I still experience the mind blackout as well. Stay close ok???

Rowan 07-27-2007 05:25 PM

I haven't kept up with your other thread, Jennifer, so forgive me if this has been covered - and I don't know what exactly you've been taking - but it can be dangerous to detox on your own. Be careful, and consider going to the ER or a detox for some supervision.

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pilgrim (Post 1428569)
Your body thinks it needs alcohol to survive. It has developed mutations in your cells to deal with the alcohol and now it actually needs it. In early recovery, our bodies crave for this reason.

Your body will heal. Mine is starting to heal. I was also able to drink huge amounts every day and the tolerance got so crazy, I was still quite active and able when I was close to being poisoned. A normal drinker would have been in hospital.

Thank you so much for reminding me. You posting here is helping me today. I still experience the mind blackout as well. Stay close ok???

im glad i can help even tho im asking for help :)
the drinking for isnt it its the VICS *shutter*

gypsytears 07-27-2007 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by igetallnumb (Post 1428563)
thank you :)

Im from new york and all the hospitals want you to do when you go is to throw you in the ward, especially me since i have prior history with being a cutter and suicidal.

I understand that might scare you off... but if you start feeling really ill I hope you'll consider going.

It sux just getting through withdrwals, but think if you do it this time and hang in... you won't have to do it again.

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rowan (Post 1428571)
I haven't kept up with your other thread, Jennifer, so forgive me if this has been covered - and I don't know what exactly you've been taking - but it can be dangerous to detox on your own. Be careful, and consider going to the ER or a detox for some supervision.

doc gave me some cymbalta to start taking as of yesturday ( i havent taken it yet scared to I heard it causes brain zaps) I had brain zaps with zoloft and i used more pain killers cause of it.
I use hydrocodone apap hardcore for 3 years now. I went up as much as 10+ a day plus some benzo usage

Pilgrim 07-27-2007 05:28 PM

Woops. Missed the bit about pills. I am not so sure about what happens there but I know the combination of pills and alcohol is very very bad. Combined, they make the effect on your body even worse than the normal dose and it is super easy to get in great danger.

Are you able to get to a meeting of AA or NSAD where you live?

Dee74 07-27-2007 05:29 PM

I did cold turkey...just on booze, but it wasn't pretty.
Got through it tho. And today I think it was the best thing I ever did.

This place was a big help Jen.

nice pic too btw...!!! :)

D

stone 07-27-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by igetallnumb (Post 1428572)
im glad i can help even tho im asking for help :)
the drinking for isnt it its the VICS *shutter*

I dont think that is safe (going cold turkey I mean) and no wonder you are feeling bad hun.
Rowan is right about ER or detox. :hug:

Rowan 07-27-2007 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by igetallnumb (Post 1428580)
doc gave me some cymbalta to start taking as of yesturday ( i havent taken it yet scared to I heard it causes brain zaps) I had brain zaps with zoloft and i used more pain killers cause of it.
I use hydrocodone apap hardcore for 3 years now. I went up as much as 10+ a day plus some benzo usage

What do you think about going to the ER, Jennifer? Or to detox?

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rowan (Post 1428587)
What do you think about going to the ER, Jennifer? Or to detox?

Im petrified ... I was an ex-cutter *crying*
They are gonna throw me back in there ward thinking Im gonna kill myself but Im not

gypsytears 07-27-2007 05:32 PM

I see you have spoken to your doc then... good. Did he tell you to watch for troubling symtoms or anything? I want you to be safe.

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by stone (Post 1428584)
I dont think that is safe (going cold turkey I mean) and no wonder you are feeling bad hun.
Rowan is right about ER or detox. :hug:

And I quit smoking cigs about 3 weeks ago so Im really cutting everything at once ....
thats why I came here I need support I dont have here in NY :(

Rowan 07-27-2007 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by igetallnumb (Post 1428589)
Im petrified ... I was an ex-cutter *crying*
They are gonna throw me back in there ward thinking Im gonna kill myself but Im not

I think it would be a safe environment for you. If you go to detox, they should have a bed for you, and it's voluntary. The only way someone would commit you is if you voiced any suicidal intentions/ideations.

Rowan 07-27-2007 05:35 PM

Jennifer, there is only so much that can be done on a recovery forum. We aren't with you in person. We can offer you support and advice, but I think you need more than that right now.

igetallnumb 07-27-2007 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by gypsy tears (Post 1428591)
I see you have spoken to your doc then... good. Did he tell you to watch for troubling symtoms or anything? I want you to be safe.

All I want is to be safe... my personality is very addictive and I have an extensive psych background so when they talk to me I know where they are going with everything.... before they say it
thats how I know they would put me in the ward