SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm new and really scared (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/113640-im-new-really-scared.html)

hope3 01-22-2007 04:11 PM

Quilt, will lessen.

Originally Posted by fivealive (Post 1183262)
Hey thanks guys for all the support but it's only been one day and I had the worst night sleep of my entire life, or at least that what it felt like. The guilt was so overwhelming and not to mention the sweaty skin. I do have the support of my spouse but that only made me feel like I was such a self pitying, sad person, so when does it get better?

Hi five alive: I had a similar experience 56 days ago when I decided to quit drinking and quit the insanity. I also had the support of my lover, but I felt so quilty it wasn;t even healthy. This was my first post......

2nd day of my new life!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, this is my first post and second day on my road to a alcohol free life. I am an alcoholic, there I've said it out loud for the second time in my life. I'm here because I choose to live and discontinue killing myself and the love of my partner. My partner of 17 years has been patient through my denial years, 4 to be exact, but day by day I feel the hurt I am causing her and myself.
This is the first time I have seeked any kind of help. After finding your site and surfing around I felt comfortable enough to take it to this step, because I don't think I can do it on my own.
I am a 47 year old woman and enjoy a lot of things that alcohol gets in the way of like hiking and backpacking. These things have slid to the back burner because alcohol has slid to the front. I think people would call me a functioning alcoholic (not a very good one) because I don't miss work over olcohol, at least physically. I'm there in body, but i'm sure you all know a clear mind does not accompany the body when you are drinking 1 and 1/2 or more liters of wine 4 days out of the week.
Because I drink behind my partners back on nights I go to college at least my weekends are sober, so really my best day of the week is Monday. Well I can write alot more, but for now I would just like to say I commit to a sober life, one day at a time and any incouragement you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank-you hope3

I posted this because I can tell you it certainly does get better..........I can't even imagine going back to the quilt---distance------and hiding...Life with my lover is so much more...

I wish you and your partner the best, Hope3........

im2sweet4u1983 01-22-2007 05:18 PM

It will get better when you are able to really let go and let it get better. I would suggest trying some benedryl to help with the anxiety you may feel and help with sleep a little bit or you can go to your doctor and be honest about your drinking problem and he can maybe give you something to help. Every day it will get a little easier one day at a time but it will get better and you will be so much happier in all aspect of your life I promise you that. Keep being strong and let yourself be self pitied and sad if it helps you feel better do whatever it takes just DONT drink...

leviathon 01-23-2007 06:31 AM

Welcome to SR Five. You will find the experience strength and hope you need here for sure. Remember, take what you like and leave the rest.

Peace, Levi

newday117 01-25-2007 11:31 AM

Five Alive keep up the good work! I, too, am a newcomer. Have just made a week without a drink, and it feels really wonderful. I'm having issues with sleep too. The first couple nights I barely slept a wink for all the tossing and turning. Last night I slept for a solid 4 hours and it was great. Funny that even with the lack of sleep, I awoke feeling truly rested-- can't say that about my drunken days. So, hopefully, as your body adjusts, your sleep will normalize. I wish you the best, God Bless.

nogard 01-25-2007 01:48 PM

welcome to SR fivealive. It takes time for use to heal and we need to give ourselves time and not be distracted. Just keep focused on abstinence one day at a time.

Kevin