SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460725-class-august-2022-support-thread-part-3-a.html)

TiredCarpenter 10-11-2022 06:01 AM

Off to work shortly. My students arrive next week so the pressure mounts.
I’ve got plenty of prep and organizing to get done this week.

Be well.

Dee74 10-11-2022 02:57 PM

you'll get it done TC :)

D

TiredCarpenter 10-12-2022 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Red78 (Post 7862136)
Day 80 minus 1.
Not struggling too much with sobriety but am struggling with life.
I hope you all have a great day..

Yeah, I hear you Red.
Life. It tends to bring up more challenges as we go.
Good thing we have this place to share our burdens.
I hope life is treating you much better as the week goes on.

I have seen my upcoming class list. I have a student potentially arriving on Monday for 5 months of training. The wife and I know her from circles outside of the school. She is the most impulsive, mixed up, aggressive, no-regard person I’ve met in the past 15-18 years. She has been in an argument with my wife and has threatened her. She was once wanted by police for bodily assault. I get to teach this fine specimen for 5 months. Yah me….

I’ve expressed concern to my boss, his boss, and our Faculty resource officer, They tell me to stay the course, but be diligent and guarded. I will proceed as they suggest, but really wish I wasn’t in this situation. It is stressing me out.
I’m praying that she finds a different path, maybe some opportunity that she can’t pass on, and that I don’t see her in a desk on Monday morning.

Have a good day folks!

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 07:52 AM

Day 76 for me today. Was hoping to relax and sleep in a bit. Pets were needy this morning.
I’m having a slow morning anyway. Sipping coffee, reading, blogging.

I’m not feeling overly peaceful today. Tired, weary, crabby.
I’m tired of, at over 50, having to face drama of personalities.Some drama and potential conflicts that are remnants of the days when I was drinking.
I’d like to live in a gentle, kind manner, not stirring up any issues.
There will be, for a couple more years, some lingering effects of my alcohol mis use.
Restricted driver’s license, a record.
Upon my best behaviour it’ll likely be about 7 years before I can get my record cleaned up and even think of crossing a border.

venuscat 10-15-2022 07:56 AM

Hope you have a nice day, dear TC :hug: ❤️

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 08:11 AM

Had to cut my previous post a bit short.

I guess my resolve to hold my head up and continue to strive forward is being taxed lately.

Will continue to strive forward anyway. It’s the only sustainable approach.

Thanks Suze.

Have a good day all.

Red78 10-15-2022 01:07 PM

TC.. I feel for you, I wouldn't want to deal with that.. I hope that lady isn't there on Monday.
Well done on your sober time too.

venuscat 10-15-2022 01:14 PM

I am 59, dear TC. I came here at 54 and got married, and I have not been married before. So a first, as they say. Now I am studying to be an editor. I will have my certificate by the end of the year, and then I plan on studying Professional Writing (Bach) at SNHU next year.

You have your sobriety and your health and your marriage and your career. And in seven years you can travel ANYWHERE you want. It sounds good to me. :) :hug:

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 01:20 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words Suze.
I was feeling a bit blah this morning.

Wife and I are going for a drive into the countryside shortly. The doggies will love to get out for a run!
The chihuahua has good wheels under him surprisingly, but the big dog (doberman, staffordshire cross) runs at about 10,000 miles per hour. :yup:

Have a good day all!

Worried14 10-15-2022 02:33 PM

Hello :wavey:
I've been having trouble logging in and tonight I somehow managed to finally work it out. Don't know what happened but hopefully it'll be ok now :huh?:

Wow, I can't imagine a Doberman Staffordshire cross TC - any photos ? My parents had Staffordshire bull terriers, my Dad loved them. Lovely friendly dogs, great with people but they didn't like other dogs !

You're very brave to take such a big step of moving and getting married for the first time in your 50's Venus. Hope you're enjoying your studying :)

Still sober here and tomorrow will be 60 days :c007: I like the 30, 60 and 90 markers, they seem significant.

Had a busy week last week, so taking it easy this weekend.

Will be visiting my other son next weekend. Haven't seen him in a while and it's a train ride away, about 3 hours. I'm feeling a bit stressed because I have to pack a bag. I think once I've got my stuff together I'll be ok. It's only for a couple of nights and of course it'll be lovely to see him.

I had my winter flu jab and a covid booster the other day so I'm all set for winter.

bye for now :wavey:

Worried14 10-15-2022 02:37 PM

I'm going to log out now, if I don't post for a while it's because I can't log back in again :dunno: so fingers crossed, here goes...

venuscat 10-15-2022 03:31 PM

Crossing fingers. xx

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 04:16 PM

Hi Red and Worried and Suze.

This is our silly goose Willow.
https://i.postimg.cc/Z5fKBdt4/4-EB04...-CA120-E55.jpg
She’s about 76 lbs. She has a sweet disposition, but is unruly-playful.

Remnants of forest fire cleanup in the background.

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 04:25 PM

Another pic of big doggie.

https://i.postimg.cc/pXFDBPVw/1164-D...5-D940-A32.jpg

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 04:34 PM

Congrats that you’ll be waking to 60 days Worried.
I’m sure the train ride and visit with your son will be a nice time. Enjoy!

venuscat 10-15-2022 04:37 PM

What a GORGEOUS dog!!! :) ❤️

And wow, she really looks like she is at least part Ridgeback.

TiredCarpenter 10-15-2022 07:11 PM

Wow, Yeah, I just looked them up, the ridgeback has quite a similar look to it.

lmvalentine 10-15-2022 07:17 PM

That is a very good looking dog. You are lucky to have her. I’ve had dogs and cats and loved them all but dogs are the best.

I hope we all sleep well tonight.

TiredCarpenter 10-16-2022 04:48 PM

First day with students tomorrow. I always get anxious.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Dee74 10-16-2022 05:02 PM

Good luck with it TC :)