SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2022 Part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/459716-class-july-2022-part-1-a.html)

venuscat 07-21-2022 04:32 PM

I can imagine that CSC. I hope the bed was good, at least! :hug: s

Patcha 07-21-2022 04:48 PM

Hello Julyerinos! :grouphug:

Dee74 07-21-2022 04:57 PM

Hi Patcha :wave:

D

Pekelover2 07-21-2022 10:25 PM

Hi!
Hope everyone is staying cool. Quite hot for many out there.

Dee74 07-21-2022 10:31 PM

welcome PL :)

D

RAL 07-22-2022 01:15 AM

Morning all

Welcome Peke - great to have you here :)

Great to see you again Patcha :)

Oh wow you must have needed that sleep CSC!

Sounds lovely Suze :) Haha I hate buying clothes! Would much rather buy house stuff or books :)

Day 14. 2 weeks. Had some hairy moments this week but I didn't drink. so glad. Will not use the weekend/the sun/feeling good/feeling bad/ there is a y in the day of the week :( as an excuse to drink this weekend. Still haven't got round to sorting out paperwork, old clothes etc which I've been putting off for years but realise I don't have to do everything at once. Booked a trip last night. Taking Jr RAL to Belfast for the day next week. Long day. 5,30am start and home at 11pm but that's ok. Certainly not something I would have done when drinking. Would have made it a 2 or even 3 day trip, stayed over which would have cost 4 times as much :( Now I am clear headed and will have a fun day out :)

Day off today which is good as still very tired. Will just potter about at home and read SR all day. Happy days everyone :) xx

ChopStickCheese 07-22-2022 01:38 AM

Day 6.

Dee74 07-22-2022 02:51 AM

Congrats RAL and CSC :)

D

venuscat 07-22-2022 06:04 AM

Belfast, how wonderful. :)
And congrats on 2 weeks dear RAL!! :) :hug:

And congrats on 6 days dear CSC! :) :hug:

Alpine 07-22-2022 07:02 AM

Checking in to say hi. I was in the June class and figured I would stop here too. Doing well, I hope everyone else is too.

lmvalentine 07-22-2022 08:12 AM

I was in the May class so I’m just checking in also.

Hope everyone is doing well.

venuscat 07-22-2022 08:39 AM

Hi lovely people :) :hug: s ❤️

ChopStickCheese 07-23-2022 02:40 AM

Checking in for day 7 to complete my first week of newborn sobriety with you guys.
Feel good, but am sharp to not fall of the bandwagon again.
Getting to this place called soberrecovery.com, I feel is already a big help to stay sober and a good place to return too when I feel a little wobbly.

Thanks everyone for you support, stay cool.

Strawberry18 07-23-2022 05:52 AM

Day 9 and my resting heart rate on my Fitbit is falling fast … shows the havoc booze plays on the racing heart at night ! Feeling good

RAL 07-23-2022 12:47 PM

I can relate Strawberry. mine is the same. 3 weeks ago mine was late 80s/early 90s. Now at night it's late 60s/early 7os. amazing difference!
Congrats on 1 wees CSC!

venuscat 07-23-2022 02:16 PM

Quiet today. Here in German Village, Columbus, OH as well. I feel like everyone went on holiday, which I am sure is the case for many Americans. It is unbelievable to me that the school summer break is 12 weeks. I keep thinking that if they did that in Australia, many older kids might never return after the summer. :)

ChopStickCheese 07-23-2022 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7832211)
Quiet today. Here in German Village, Columbus, OH as well. I feel like everyone went on holiday, which I am sure is the case for many Americans. It is unbelievable to me that the school summer break is 12 weeks. I keep thinking that if they did that in Australia, many older kids might never return after the summer. :)

12 weeks?

Holy Cow.

Pekelover2 07-23-2022 09:12 PM

Checking in. Hope that everyone is well.
I put together a new stroller that I got for my three dogs. I got it for a little bit of a discount during Amazon prime day. I have three Pekingese, two are eight years old and one is nine. They really enjoy riding around in the stroller. It’s a jogging stroller but I’m in my 50s now and I’m not strong enough to pull all three of them in the stroller. Plus the stroller is very substantial.

I went for a long walk with the dogs today. Then I went home and did step aerobics and an ab workout. My husband is at work tonight so I’m just sort of hanging out. I feel very tired I think it’s from my body getting adjusted to not drinking. Anyway I hope everyone is well. Let me hear from you!

Dee74 07-23-2022 09:18 PM

I hope you'll find your energy again soon PL :)

D

venuscat 07-24-2022 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pekelover2 (Post 7832320)
Checking in. Hope that everyone is well.
I put together a new stroller that I got for my three dogs. I got it for a little bit of a discount during Amazon prime day. I have three Pekingese, two are eight years old and one is nine. They really enjoy riding around in the stroller. It’s a jogging stroller but I’m in my 50s now and I’m not strong enough to pull all three of them in the stroller. Plus the stroller is very substantial.

I went for a long walk with the dogs today. Then I went home and did step aerobics and an ab workout. My husband is at work tonight so I’m just sort of hanging out. I feel very tired I think it’s from my body getting adjusted to not drinking. Anyway I hope everyone is well. Let me hear from you!

I think anyone would be tired from all of that love! The walk would be it for me. :)

Love that you got the (I can't say stroller, Aussie) pram for your dogs. I l bet they are SO happy. :) ❤️