SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year And Under Part 70 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/457180-one-year-under-part-70-a.html)

tootsl1 02-28-2022 11:33 PM

Well done on 6 months Free, that's great going :)

Red, I think a lot of folk are still actively drinking through the stresses, or haven't yet recognised they are not in control of their drinking. I did read a good article a few months back about how the loss of control over their lives because of the pandemic had caused a lot of heavy drinking, along with, for some, just boredom of being stuck at home. Funny how drink can seem such a socially acceptable way of coping - until it isn't!

Well done all Undies, keep on making these new lives work for you! :)

dickensen 03-01-2022 05:24 AM

Congratulations Free for six months. Keep up the good work.

redcardid 03-01-2022 06:24 AM

Hi

Another day - I'm back to counting the days - I thought I was over it and in easy sober mode - but nope - I'm back to being poorly and fragile ..... the thing is I don't know if I'm really unwell or the alcky neurons in my brain have ganged up to create the illusion of illness (with the suggested cure being booze). Mentally I'm in committed sober mode with all the right ideas and motivations, but physically I'm on skid-row.

I'm on day 74 of my quit I recon - and know things get weird around the 3 month mark.

Well at least I'm not drinking - just have to wait out these intermittent bad patches.

Well done if you did another day :-)

samwitch 03-01-2022 06:53 AM

Hi all-
Still here, still sober--glad to see everyone posting. And I also think this current world crisis will cause an uptick in drinking for folks who are already dealing with the fallout of the last couple years--I know I've heard people say they are drinking more.

I, for one, am drowning my sorrows in ice cream!

Free2bme888 03-01-2022 09:07 AM

Chocolate for me, considering giving it up for lent, although I’m not catholic 😍❤️🤓🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Willow00 03-01-2022 10:22 PM

Congratulations on 6 months Free :banana:
Go the chocolate! :)

I hope you’re feeling better soon Red :hug:

tootsl1 03-02-2022 12:19 AM

Red, feel stronger soon my friend, you will come out the other side of this and will be more resolute for it :)

Good to hear all is well with you Samwitch, when I was in the States I fell in love with a particular brand of peanut butter ice cream Mmmmmmm :)

Free, I would but I have chocolate all round the house, Christmas stock left over and more for my birthday earlier in the week. We head to Spain next week for 5 weeks and I don't pick as much there, we tend to eat healthier too and are members of a gym which we hit every morning when we are not golfing so hopefully I will return fitter and maybe a little trimmer!

samwitch 03-02-2022 05:45 AM

Toots--I love peanut butter ice cream, now you've given me a good idea for my next outing to the store!
There is a place very close to me that makes their own ice cream and this month they are doing black raspberry which sounds wonderful. So, now I have two ideas :-)

Free: a lot of my Catholic friends give up sweets for Lent, I'm not Catholic but one year I did give up meat and fish. That was interesting. Never once did I think about giving up wine though, which clearly would have served me(and others honestly) better.

dickensen 03-02-2022 08:53 AM

Red, Congratulations on 74 days. Don't fear the 3 month mark or any other time mark for that matter. Every day of sobriety allows your body to heal and your AV to lose power.

Free2bme888 03-02-2022 08:59 AM

Wonderful posts! Sounds like a great plan, toots! I hope I can get back to golfing this summer after my hand heals.

redcardid 03-02-2022 12:02 PM

Hi

Feeling a bit better today - doing some programming (for PC - a musician trainer app) which is focussing my mind on something productive and enjoyable

Anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Dee74 03-02-2022 02:35 PM

Training musicians is a little like herding smoke Red - good luck with it and congrats on 75 :)
D

tootsl1 03-05-2022 11:14 PM

Hi Guys, how's all everyone doing?

Colin1 03-06-2022 10:57 AM

Pretty quiet in here lately Toots. I think most people spend more time in the monthly threads. I'm doing well, going to hit 90 days tomorrow, yay :)

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Dee74 03-06-2022 11:51 AM

Congrats Colin :)

D

Purplrks3647 03-06-2022 04:53 PM

Yay for 90 days Colin! :dance1a:

tootsl1 03-06-2022 10:59 PM

Good going Colin :)

Free2bme888 03-07-2022 08:32 AM

191, plugging along. Good days, bad days, days I think I’ve got this, and days that I think I’m going insane.

Taking them all in sober.

So thankful for SR 😘🥰😍

redcardid 03-07-2022 02:34 PM

Hi

been prepping today a bit - buying tools, spare parts, off-grid stuff - things are getting crazy expensive and every time I buy something the bank wants me to type in a code it sends to my phone - really tedious

Dee74 - here's a pic of a bit of the music training app (I'm about 60% done) - to show you I'm serious :-)

https://i.postimg.cc/3JwBBnvK/example.jpg

Doing the help pages and the cosmetic stuff at the moment (takes time) .... but I have other stuff to do so I'm not sure when I'll finish it

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Dee74 03-07-2022 02:42 PM

I never doubted you were serious Red - looks like a good tool :)

D