SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year And Under Part 70 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/457180-one-year-under-part-70-a.html)

tootsl1 05-15-2022 05:52 AM

Wow Plenny that sounds like such fun :)

redcardid 05-15-2022 01:41 PM

Hi (day 3)

-made some bread and had some good sleep - not drinking is soooooooo much better than drinking

Hi Plenny - never been to a sober party (except when I was little kid throwing jelly about and pretending cardboard boxes were spaceships) - sounds like fun with fancy snacks and nobody worried about getting mean drunk

anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Dee74 05-15-2022 01:45 PM

Sounds awesome Plenny :)

D

Zura 05-15-2022 02:58 PM

Congrats on getting to day 3 Red 😁🥳

Plenny 05-15-2022 04:27 PM

Redcard— bread making sounds great! I think I’m going to do that… I also bought some cucumbers I think I’m going to pickle them

fermentation is great… in moderation :lmao

tootsl1 05-16-2022 01:32 AM

I heard Ewan McGregor had a teetotal bachelor party, I would be nice if sober parties caught on! If only 'being sober' could be the new 'being vegan'! :)

samwitch 05-16-2022 08:46 AM

I think it will, eventually, Toots! The tide is starting to turn, although very very slowly.

I plan on being an example(as you all are to me) :-)

Scott2295 05-16-2022 08:53 AM

I’m all for sober parties!

Plenny 05-16-2022 06:56 PM

I honestly never ever thought I’d have fun at a sober party. Never in my life. But now I love it. It’s so much more fun.

Free2bme888 05-16-2022 07:18 PM

Wonderful you are back, red. I had a low point about a week ago, came soooo close to caving.

But, I’m glad I didn’t. when I read threads of deciding to drink like yours and others here, I haven’t read one post where the member was happy they did so.

And I’m very grateful you are back! It took me TWO FREAKING YEARS to get back more than a few days…..

Free2bme888 05-16-2022 07:21 PM

Plenny, good for you! That’s wonderful you are retraining your brain to have a good time without poison. It’s very possible!

When I was a little girl, I never dreamed of needing alcohol or drugs to be happy, I was happy without it…..if I was sad, I’d cry. If I was mad, I’d scream if it was at my brother. If I was mad at my parents, I kept it to myself and I got over it. When I was happy, like seeing a rainbow after rain, or a pretty bird, or got sugary cereal, all that was enough.

Big hugs to all the undies…….

🤓❤️

Free2bme888 05-16-2022 07:26 PM

Zura, you are doing great, I see you on other threads, I don’t always comment but I’m following your progress and your posts reflect an amazing change from low moods and self loathing to excitement, energy, and progress!

Woot woot! We CAN do hard things, then it gets easier.

Scott and Sam, yep, perseverance is key. Ride the waves.

Mags, a leader/poster on SR, starts out weekenders threads each week.

This last one is about sobriety tools. It’s really a good read, and even though the older ones are locked, are all good reading. Just search, advanced, title, includes ‘weekenders’, and poof! A plethora of information from our gazzillion years of experiences and stories shared here….

Zura 05-17-2022 12:46 AM

Thanks Free 😊 I'm in a really good place, the 'formula' is working great for me right now. Whilst it's not all 100% sobriety related, some subtractions and additions were made that led to sobriety taking hold, must have been needed in order to reach that level of growth. Sobriety has then caused things to multiply even further. Feeling the blessings 🥰 I also have really enjoyed following your journey, really beautiful ❤️ there's so much value here on SR, it's a special place full of special people ☺️

PS: great tip re search terms!!

tootsl1 05-17-2022 01:20 AM

That's really interesting, Free. I went and readMags post (she's a great friend on Overs and has occasionally popped in here to encourage. It's so true, as we move on in sobriety we can forget our sober tools.
Hubby left for his project on Sunday this week, and back in the day, if that occurred, I had an extra night of blitzing my brain and body with my poison of choice (or whatever wouldn't be missed out of the plethora of bottles we had). I was putting a glass away in hubbys cabinet and saw a miniature and the thought crossed my mind 'I could drink that'. I have no idea where the thought came from, it certainly wasn't from my sober brain: it was a very weak and battleworn AV. Of course I just turned away, but a couple of times after that AV popped up when I came across other booze. ( I should say, hubby as a normie drinks a variety of different drinks and there are always open bottles of something around the house. It doesn't usually bother or tempt me, and it is at my insistence that he feels comfortable to do this. I feel he shouldn't suffer for having an alcoholic wife, after all, he didn't marry one.) I brought out my toolkit and played forward the scenario, but tbh it was never really a threat to my sobriety.

It does go to show a couple of things, firstly, we always have to remain vigilant, complacency is our enemy. And second, the longer you are sober, the weaker the AV gets. Of course, weak or not, we can still make the mistake of choosing to listen to it. That's what our sober toolkit is for. As Mags said -and I paraphrase - keep your toolkit hand and your tools greased and cleaned and ready to wield!

Be Strong my Undie friends

redcardid 05-17-2022 09:43 AM

Hi - day 5

Got a bit of physical discomfort (withdrawal) but I never dived back into my full-on alcoholism (60 units a day - how did I not die?) on this relapse (just beers) - but even a small amount wakes up the drinking demons ....

I'm going to make my own ice cream in a few days (the easy way - whipped cream + condensed milk + vanilla) - and make loads of different flavours - coffee, strawberry, chocolate and chopped up snickers bars with glacier cherries mixed in

Anyway - well done if you did another day :-)

Zura 05-17-2022 11:25 AM

Another great post toots 😊

Congrats on day 5 Red!! OMG your icecream sounds sublime 🤤

tootsl1 05-18-2022 01:10 AM

I put 5lbs on reading that post Red! :lmao

Plenny 05-18-2022 04:09 AM

That’s a great idea Red!

I love ice cream.

I have been very shy to say this. I have a huge crush on the man who makes ice cream across the street from my office. I met him a few weeks ago and I was stunned that I could like someone again. And so glad I don’t drink anymore so I can afford his amazing ice cream! Then, a few days ago, I find out he’s sober and knows all my sober friends. Here we go! I’m nervous but I think I might ask him out in a while. I take things very slowly these days!

Scott2295 05-18-2022 05:38 AM

Best wishes Plenny. Great post Toots. I’m close to 6 months AF and starting to think about what additional tools I might need as I move forward. MrPL brought up a point in the January 2022 thread about the novelty of his new found energy wearing off. I though that was interesting and something to watch out for. Free, that’s a great suggestion to read more of the weekenders threads.

Zura 05-18-2022 10:00 AM

Plenny I think it's nice your having feelings of interest ❤️ Sober AND makes icecream......sounds like a catch 😜

Congratulations Scott! What a good idea too look into how you can reinforce your commitment as you gain more time.