SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part Two (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/455160-class-august-2021-support-thread-part-two.html)

Erratic 08-22-2021 06:37 AM

congrats lovehatewhine! x
in an hr and half i will be taking my fist ever antabuse tablet, i never took it this morning as i have been reading so much about it and was getting myself worked up and scaring myself, but daughter had another read of it and has talked me into biting the bullet and take it, only other worry was about becoming tired with it as if i take it at 4pm least i know i can go to bed and see how things go and also can change it to morning if nothing happens. day 4 but i am going to restart my counter from today to go with my tablet and keep myself right. so hey ho lets see what it brings x

On husbands foot, he phoned 111 yesterday and then eventually got to talk to a nurse and she suggested it could be soft tissue problem or gout lol which told him last week it might be that. so anyway he is dosing himself up with meds which he has to watch as he lost his big bowl through ulcerated colititis and chrones disease and to stop taking if any problems arise and if his foot keeps on being bad is to see gp. anyway thats him x

good job on your sober weeks and days and who is also coming back which noted alot of new or old people are back and posted xx prob come back after 4 if im able to lol
have great afternoon or morning or evening where ever u are x

venuscat 08-22-2021 06:41 AM

Erratic honey ~ didn't the doctor put notes on the prescription or label regarding what time of day to take the tablet? :hug: s xx ❤️

someday147 08-22-2021 06:51 AM

Congratulations on your engagement LHW :) You are right life is indeed too short to be hungover. I'm sure we can all relate to the amount of time we have spent in those states. When I look back at it I now just see it as time that could have been spent productively being present for ourselves and others. As long as we have breathe in our bodies we still have time to live a happy joyous and free sober life.

someday147 08-22-2021 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Erratic (Post 7687162)
congrats lovehatewhine! x
in an hr and half i will be taking my fist ever antabuse tablet, i never took it this morning as i have been reading so much about it and was getting myself worked up and scaring myself, but daughter had another read of it and has talked me into biting the bullet and take it, only other worry was about becoming tired with it as if i take it at 4pm least i know i can go to bed and see how things go and also can change it to morning if nothing happens. day 4 but i am going to restart my counter from today to go with my tablet and keep myself right. so hey ho lets see what it brings x

On husbands foot, he phoned 111 yesterday and then eventually got to talk to a nurse and she suggested it could be soft tissue problem or gout lol which told him last week it might be that. so anyway he is dosing himself up with meds which he has to watch as he lost his big bowl through ulcerated colititis and chrones disease and to stop taking if any problems arise and if his foot keeps on being bad is to see gp. anyway thats him x

good job on your sober weeks and days and who is also coming back which noted alot of new or old people are back and posted xx prob come back after 4 if im able to lol
have great afternoon or morning or evening where ever u are x

You must have posted this while I was posting Erratic I hope all goes well with the antabuse tablets. And congrats on 4 days at least you have some sober time when starting them too always a bonus :)

Erratic 08-22-2021 06:58 AM

venuscat x i saw that they suggested morning but it also said if you get sleepyness and that its best to take in evening. On the tablets it didnt say anything only about if feeling drugged or whatever they normaly put on it is to stay clear of machinery and lol driving. its ok i am sure it will be fine if not i know to just keep going in the evening and if not is take it in the morning. Usual me making it difficult for myself. x
thanks also someday lol u just posted while i posted this one xxx

ClearPath64 08-22-2021 07:11 AM

Congratulations LHW! When's the wedding? Are we invited? LOL! So happy for you.

Okay guys, I'm not in that bad of shape. I just tend to get a little sentimental in the evenings. I have three great kids and two (soon to be three) grandkids with whom I have great relationships. In fact, I'm leaving here soon to go meet my sister and one of my kids for breakfast. I've got my running and gardening, etc. I just don't have that special someone yet. But I'm super happy and excited about where my new life is heading. It truly does feel like a new life.

Sounds like everyone is doing well today. You guys are the best. Will check back later when I have more time.

AC82 08-22-2021 07:30 AM

Good morning everyone. Got a good night's sleep. Got up early and fixed a big breakfast for the family. Feeling better today and looking into ways to fill my time with more positive things in life. I don't have a lot of time to write at the moment. Will be back on later this afternoon/evening. Have a great day.

venuscat 08-22-2021 07:35 AM

Good stuff dear AC :) :hug: s

Erratic 08-22-2021 08:01 AM

well i have taken it, so no turning back. Did have a moment on thinking will i just have a drink and take it in a couple of days time. so i have taken my first step in sorting out my problem with drink and its out of my hands now which is the same as going down to my daughters who wont let me drink when down there anyway, so i choosed to do this and dont have to worry about making decision to have alcohol. so there we are.

venuscat 08-22-2021 08:09 AM

:) Awesome dear Erratic. :hug: s xx

freedomfries 08-22-2021 09:14 AM

I feel gross. Today was a gross day. Self harming and binge eating. Cuts on my arm, chocolate on my t-shirt. Sobriety wasn't meant to be this way. Yesterday was gross too, crazy binge eating.

I'm going to brush my teeth and have a shower in a few minutes. Forget today and yesterday happened.

freedomfries 08-22-2021 09:32 AM

Showered, brush my teeth and put a clean t-shirt and boxers. Feel less gross now. Drinking Monster Ultra, the purest drink.

venuscat 08-22-2021 09:35 AM

I think you know me pretty well by now FF. I have a very good memory, and I am pretty straight forward.

So, I am confused. How is it that your parents didn't notice any of this...all of the penguins gone and then today, the damage you did to yourself?
Are they out for the day?

VikingGF 08-22-2021 09:42 AM

FF- Have you considered reaching out on the eating disorders group? This is not to say you have an eating disorder, but they may be able to help you with some strategies to cope with early sobriety and bingeing. I'm sure it seems like you are giving up a support by quitting alcohol, but it is seriously messing with you right now, and at all costs, do not pick up. The first several days can be very challenging, just stay strong, don't beat yourself up and keep coming here. If you're not posting, be reading. Search for topics in order to find support for anything you are going through, such as self-harm. We are here for YOU.

freedomfries 08-22-2021 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7687278)
I think you know me pretty well by now FF. I have a very good memory, and I am pretty straight forward.

So, I am confused. How is it that your parents didn't notice any of this...all of the penguins gone and then today, the damage you did to yourself?
Are they out for the day?

I've been wearing long sleeves downstairs. I told my mother I ate all the penguins and ice cream though. I guess it doesn't seem a big deal because I have a healthy BMI.

freedomfries 08-22-2021 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by VikingGF (Post 7687286)
FF- Have you considered reaching out on the eating disorders group? This is not to say you have an eating disorder, but they may be able to help you with some strategies to cope with early sobriety and bingeing. I'm sure it seems like you are giving up a support by quitting alcohol, but it is seriously messing with you right now, and at all costs, do not pick up. The first several days can be very challenging, just stay strong, don't beat yourself up and keep coming here. If you're not posting, be reading. Search for topics in order to find support for anything you are going through, such as self-harm. We are here for YOU.

I post to ED subreddits.

venuscat 08-22-2021 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7687292)
I've been wearing long sleeves downstairs. I told my mother I ate all the penguins and ice cream though. I guess it doesn't seem a big deal because I have a healthy BMI.

Understood :hug: s

And it isn't a big deal to eat the biscuits and icecream :)
But it is a very big deal to self harm.
I understand you hiding that, but I hope you feel you can talk to the doctor about it. Or someone.

Maybe concentrating on your upcoming courses will help....give you something exciting to focus on.
Only 4 weeks to go, so maybe some prep? Engaging in the student portal? :)

LoveHateWhine 08-22-2021 10:28 AM

Thanks for the congrats, Someday, Erratic, Clear. No firm wedding plans yet, but it will be small with a big party at a later date. My fiancée would like to get married before the end of the year!

I just ate a sandwich and am slowly returning to normal. One thing I need to do as I ponder what other things I can do when the AV comes knocking is post here every single day, even if it is to just write “check in”. I have noticed when I step away, even for just few days, I tend to listen to that AV more than normal. I just need to make checking in here a part of my daily routine just like I do walking, gym, etc.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

venuscat 08-22-2021 10:31 AM

I get up, wash my face, make my coffee and check in here. It keeps me grounded. And I need that. :) :hug: s

freedomfries 08-22-2021 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7687299)
Understood :hug: s

And it isn't a big deal to eat the biscuits and icecream :)
But it is a very big deal to self harm.
I understand you hiding that, but I hope you feel you can talk to the doctor about it. Or someone.

Maybe concentrating on your upcoming courses will help....give you something exciting to focus on.
Only 4 weeks to go, so maybe some prep? Engaging in the student portal? :)

I don't even know if I'll go back to college. I'll probably just waste the opportunity relapsing every few weeks and failing everything. I think I should maybe think about applying for disability allowance and resign myself to a lifetime of unemployment and alcoholism.