SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452614-class-march-support-thread-2021-part-one.html)

freedomfries 03-25-2021 08:15 PM

It's day 8. My hand still really hurts after burning it drunk. Not making much progress healing.

Dee74 03-25-2021 08:44 PM

Burns are difficult to treat by your self - consider seeing a doctor, man.

D

Backtogood 03-25-2021 09:18 PM

I was on fb and the post said, Stare at these letters And the first 2 words you see is your future. I got health and family, i wonder what's on my mind?

freedomfries 03-25-2021 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7611085)
Burns are difficult to treat by your self - consider seeing a doctor, man.

D

I'm too àgoraphobic to see a doctor. It'll just take time.

Dee74 03-25-2021 10:31 PM

I once fell asleep in the sun- ended up with my entire foot blistered.
After a couple of weeks of agony my friends dragged me bodily to the doctor.

They helped me with the pain and the healing.

I'm empathetic with the agoraphobia, but I believe Ireland has home visit doctors like Doctors on Duty or whathaveyou.

Its worth considering.

D

freedomfries 03-26-2021 12:12 AM

Maybe if it gets worse. But it seems to be improving. I'll apply a fresh burn wrap when my mother gets up so that'll ease the pain. I took some OTC painkillers an hour ago which are helping.

Anyway it's a good reminder of where drinking will lead me. Day 8 today.

CaptainCrow 03-26-2021 01:27 AM

Willow68 I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Maybe it's paws exacerbating other things going on? I am a similar age - not quite 50. I've tried googling withdrawal plus menopause but ofc menopause is a niche ill researched subject anyway due to it only affecting us strange atypical creatures who make up 51% of the population (seriously don't get me started on this) so ofc there's nothing. But I wonder if women our age get an extra hormonal whack in withdrawal given that things are in a state of flux right now anyway. I was already having a savage peri brought on by salpingo oophorectomy so I've got a coil plus low dose oestrogen and I'm now considering speaking to my doctor about upping it.

Dee74 03-26-2021 01:58 AM

It's day 8. My hand still really hurts after burning it drunk. Not making much progress healing.

Maybe if it gets worse. But it seems to be improving
Dude - seriously....just call a doctor, dammit.

D

freedomfries 03-26-2021 02:42 AM

I took off yesterday's bandage after writing that post and there's skin growing so some improvement. I'll give it a few days and see how it is. I applied fresh burn wrap which is helping with the pain.

Free2bme888 03-26-2021 05:17 AM

Weird dreams
restless sleep

waking up free!

priceless.....

remembering after 6 months in —going days without the Beast trying to kill me

yep. Possible folks. And that is the best freedom ever. Very reachable.

entering day 3

venuscat 03-26-2021 05:19 AM

HeIIo dear Free. :) :hug: s ❤️

venuscat 03-26-2021 05:24 AM

FF ~ you go to your psych for your injections.....this is equaIIy important. If a burn doesn't heaI right and you get an infection you wiII end up in hospitaI. :hug: s xx

CC ~ if you want to taIk menopause with a firend, feeI free to PM. I just went through an interesting year or two.... :) :hug: s

:grouphug:

Simplicity4114 03-26-2021 05:29 AM

Still with you all! Rejoined the land of the living and restarted school (have a lot of catching up to do). Either way it's a nice distraction. Have a wonderful day all!

countrystix 03-26-2021 06:01 AM

Good morning everyone,

Starting day 9 here...

Simplicity - I'm going to school too to retool. Have a few classes left to complete my degree.

Free2b - I had 6 months only once and remember how good I felt. Trying to keep that in mind. I worked out yesterday for the first time in months. It felt pretty good although I know I'll be sore later.

CC / venus - can't help with the menopause and glad I don't have to deal with that on top of everything else! :-)

FF - hope the hand gets better, but I wouldn't mess around if it starts getting infected as others have said.

Have a good day All!

venuscat 03-26-2021 06:04 AM

:) Morning CC :hug: s

(I am aII good. I got Iucky)

phoebe64 03-26-2021 06:20 AM

FF, add me to the chorus advising you to see the dr about that burn! I think I’ve already sad it. 💕

Good morning crew. Up early waiting for a builder to come about a few jobs. We’re long overdue for a bathroom remodel put off due to covid and my daughter living back home for a year. He’s going to look at our fence proposal and not sure if that’s something he’s available to do. Lastly, we’ve got bits of little repairs to to the exterior. He’s a great guy, who’s local, we’ve hired for two other major jobs, and feels like an old friend. I’m looking forward to seeing him. We never see anyone these days so it’s a little mood booster.

Not sure what I’ll do with my day after that. There’s lots of laundry...🙄

CaptainHaddock 03-26-2021 08:15 AM

ff, I don’t know the condition of your hand and even if I did I wouldn’t be able to give a medical opinion. However, if agoraphobia didn’t prevent you from paying a recent unsuccessful visit to your off license store, it shouldn’t prevent you from seeing a doctor either. I’m not a tough love type of person, but there you have it. In either case, I hope it heals soon.

adrunk42long 03-26-2021 08:37 AM

Good morning.
My day 4 today. Grateful for this. Looking forward to getting to get to know some of you and read what is keeping you sober.

Thanks

venuscat 03-26-2021 08:39 AM

WeIcome to SR and to the group dear adrunk42Iong :) :hug: s ❤️❤️

Backtogood 03-26-2021 08:41 AM

Morning all, I'm just full of anxiety today. Arrrgh. I'm laying here trying to calm my brain, but often start spiraling. I'm sure it's drinking related. Have to go see the doc today, probably one of the reasons I'm spiraling. Owell, this my reality for today, onwards. I will not drink today. The very thought of drinking is disgusting to me. It is just not worth it. Like many have you have said, I've never woke up and thought, "man i wish i had drank last night." Since I've been here before, i wonder am i FINALLY done?