SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2020 Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452169-class-december-2020-part-6-a.html)

Zura 02-15-2021 02:30 PM

Good Morning All
Chancellor - congratulations on 52 days🎉

Elly - congratulations on 60 days. Im sending you a tonne of good day vibes ❤️

RAL - I understand about feeling the need to be really healthy in all areas of life. It really does help to eat really well etc but you've been doing so well, I can't wait to be where you are ❤️

Tanky - you do make me giggle. I wish I knew how I achieve these magical states so I could share it with everyone and recreate it for myself. But part of the teachings are about acceptance so I best watch those thoughts too 😂 sending you lots of energy to get through the exhaustion.

Hope all is well with you Venus and Dee and all our quiet classmates. Hope to see you all back here soon 😊

​​​​Wishing everyone a peaceful sober day/evening 🥰

Dee74 02-15-2021 04:05 PM

Congratulations to you Elly :)

D

Lixie 02-16-2021 12:34 AM

Thanks for asking, RAL. We managed to settle, so I'm happy it's over. We had a really strong case and the judge seemed to agree with us, so we didn't have to pay the original amount of 380 000,- NOK. We ended up paying 60 000,- NOK, which is still way too much, but we just don't want to go to court and risk losing the case and pay the whole amount plus fees and other costs. Since we are divorced, I have to pay half and that isn't too bad.

venuscat 02-16-2021 04:46 AM

Giad that is finaIIy over dear Liz xx :) :hug:

Zura 02-16-2021 01:07 PM

Good Morning All
lixie - wow, that seems like alot to me but atleast it wasn't the full amount :dee
​​​​​​i never knew plumbing was so expensive. I'm glad it's over for you.

It's very quiet, hope you are all well.

​​​​​​Aggrevated my injuries again getting the mower to start and only managed mowing the back lawn. Will get my son to do the front I think 🤨 will have to find some gentle work for myself today.

venuscat 02-16-2021 01:19 PM

Or no work Iove. :hug: s
I hope your back heaIs up quick xx :hug: s ❤️

RAL 02-17-2021 12:03 AM

Morning everyone :)

Lixie-That's great news-I'm so glad to hear you settled the dispute. These things are terribly upsetting and stressful but mediation is a great way for early settlement and closure without horrendous legal costs too.

Zura-I hope your pain has eased tonight and you get a good sleep, feeling better tomorrow :)

Tanky-how are you doing? Is lockdown still on? are you feeling a difference with your meds? I hope they are contonuing to help.

Hi Elly-into month 3 :You_Rock_

Hi Chancellor, Bob and our classmates who haven't posted in a while. Thinking of you all.

Had a bloody awful day yesterday. so depressed which hit me. I suffer with anxiety/stress which I am used to but deal with it. But this depression has been creeping in and hit me full force yesterday. I was in tears a lot of the time. The FM announced lockdown will continue for another 2 months at least, Jr RAL not going back to school for at least a month, no domestic hols at Easter so I can't see my my mum or siblings for at least another 5 months. She said we MIGHT be allowed to take staycations in the summer but foreign travel will still be banned. It's not even like we can drive past and wave at them, at least seeing them, as we can't cross the border. There is even talk of closing the border now, not something I would ever see.

Anyway it all hit me badly. I know everyone is in the same position and I am not unique in any way. I just don't understand the logic. Of course we need to protect ourselves but I thought the whole point of the vaccine was to stop people getting infected/dying and then we could lead a normal -or a new normal life. Nearly a third of the adult population have been vaccinated now. They expect all adults to be vaccinated by Jun/July. If this is the case I don't understand why such strict measures need to still be in place at that time. Of course I know people have lost loved ones and I don't mean to sound flippant. I just think the mental health of people is taking a serious nosedive.

Anyway, despite a horrendous day, I did not want to drink and I did not drink. But I can sure understand people getting drunk every night. No wonder drink problems are on the rise in such a massive way..

Today I am going to work and will work outside all day to get some much needed sun. Need to get a good plan for the weekend too.
Take care all.x

Lixie 02-17-2021 12:27 AM

So sorry to hear about the continued lockdown, RAL. I wonder how long it takes before the world goes back to "normal", if ever. Good thing that you didn't drink! :hug:

Zura, hope you get some rest now so that you get better. :hug:

Suze, how is your jaw?

To everyone else, I wish you a happy, sober morning/afternoon/evening/night. :hug:

(And I am ashamed to say that I'm back to day 1. But my daughter (13) is coming on Friday to stay for ten days, and I won't drink then. I never do when there are kids here. And when she leaves, I need to tackle two weeks before my appointment with the therapist. I so wish to tell her that I have managed three weeks sober when I see her. Today I will not drink.)

Tanky 02-17-2021 03:52 AM

Hey , I’m still here. Just hard days. Not drinking. Trying to stay vaguely sane and wait it out. Love youse. Xx

RAL 02-17-2021 03:57 AM

Sorry to read many if us struggling with drinking and life stuff and feelings and lockdown it sure is a difficult time.

But we will get through these difficult times and emerge stronger. Or at least more resilient. Changed my June holiday to November. Will appreciate it more then when freezing 😂x

venuscat 02-17-2021 05:08 AM

ExactIy RaI honey, that's aII we can do, make Iemonade out of Iemons. :hug: s

My mouth is stiII very sore, but perhaps a IittIe better every day. I am hoping. Thank you for asking....you too Tanky darIing.
And I am sorry that you are having such a rough time Iove. So much Iove. :hug: s

And RaI honey ~ I am in the same spin that you are, maybe a week or two ahead of you in reaIising the vaccine makes very IittIe difference as far as Iife returning to normaI. PIus I won't be getting one tiII JuIy odd. I am aIso depressed.

And Iixie Iove ~ onward together. :hug: s

Tanky 02-17-2021 12:47 PM

Hey Team D,

so sorry to hear about all the struggles in the team. Think we all need that serenity prayer. Another way to make lemons into lemonade, I guess. Oh and definitely ((((hugs)))).

From a lucky Australian perspective life can be kinda back to normalish - eventually. Our short sharp lockdown is over today. We don’t have Covid vaccine here yet. Not even sure if it will begin roll out as planned in March. But our numbers are ridiculously good, as you know. While those kind of numbers are a long way off for you guys, the vaccine roll outs across the world have got to help. Just maybe a lot slower than we all hoped. My thoughts with ya all. You are doing it seriously tough. Xx

I am working on just accepting my poor state of mental health as the new normal for me for a bit longer than I hoped, but also trying to be prepared to take whatever steps are necessary. Every day that I somehow get through without either drinking or otherwise harming myself is a bonus. But if it doesn’t get better and I have to go to hospital, then I guess I have to do that, too. There are plenty of external things I cannot control. Eg I cannot control that one of my clients died on Valentine’s Day, due to my government’s cruelty and medical neglect . He had a heart attack on his birthday, at age 39 . His heart condition was first flagged in 2014 , but very little was done. So incredibly sad. I cannot control that another client may also die after being put in an induced coma , following a violent assault in Nauru.I cannot control that the internal and external pressure on my program continues to mount. I cannot control that my friend & previous sponsor is becoming increasingly unwell and I can’t be there to help her in person, because she lives far away and I have responsibilities here . But I can control how I respond to all this kind of stuff. Well, actually I don’t feel like I can really control that either right now, but working on it. 😂 But I know that I am fighting. Even if it may not always look that way from the outside. And I see the strength in all of us here doing the same. We lean in. ❤️

EllyB 02-17-2021 12:53 PM

Glad your case is finally resolved Lixie! No wonder you were swirlies... that was a lot of money! At least it ended up being a lot lower, but what a pain!

Venus— hope you continue to feel better every day.

Tanky— Sorry you are having a tough time. Hope tomorrow will be better.

RAL — I know what you mean about this COVID crisis being never ending. Hopefully there will be better news in a few months, and some decent booster shots. It is hard to at the moment, but things will get better.

Went for a bike ride with Mr E this morning.... a nice sunny day here!

RAL 02-17-2021 01:24 PM

Sorry to read you are still in pain and also depressed venus. I feel quite naive foolish even. I honestly thought once vaccine was given to high priority groups we would get back to not normal but a new way if things. Things open but with masks and social distancing. But it's not to be.
I'll prob be about same time for vaccine. July or maybe later. No health issues and under 50 so not in a priority group. Waiting on mr ral getting his in next week or two as he is in current group being done. Though it is a big group so taking a while

venuscat 02-17-2021 01:33 PM

Ahh Tanky Iove.....we are aII with you. Whatever you need. :hug: s

Even though RaI and I are depressed messes. ;)

I wish I had EIIy's sunshiny outIook.... :hug: s

Zura 02-17-2021 01:42 PM

Good Morning All
lixie - have a wonderful time with your daughter ❤️ you can definitely have three weeks when you speak to your therapist and I'm sure having some extra support will help you maintain that sobriety.

Tanky - that all sound like tough stuff. My thoughts are with you.

RAL - so sorry you have been feeling down. I think your doing really well under the circumstances though. Sending you cheerful vibes.

Venus - you too re lockdown. So sorry you've also got this horrible pain. Im sending you healing hugs 😘
Elly - a bike ride date with hubby sounds lovely, just the thing you needed 🥰

Not much to report here. Last time I said that, the great hot air balloon suprise happened, so who knows what the day will bring. Love to you all xxoo🌹

RAL 02-18-2021 05:09 AM

Hi everyone

How are you feeling today Venus? Is your jaw any better? I hope your mental health is improving too.xx

Zura-I hope you have another exciting hot air balloon day :)

Elly - your sunny comments cheer me up :) I hope your bike ride was fun.

Tanky - how are you feeling today? I'm glad your case numbers are low and your lockdown has eased. I think acceptance is a key part of MH. That doesn't mean we have to not do anything to help ourselves but it's a bit like having a drink problem-acceptance of that it is what it is means we can then work on recovery.

wfh today. done quite a bit but it's all a bit switch off and just get on with it. feel like on autopilot a bit. still feel low but just got to get on with it.

venuscat 02-18-2021 05:13 AM

My jaw is a bit better again today Iove, thank you. As for the rest ~ we shaII see. Yet to be determined. :) :hug: s

bobdrop 02-18-2021 09:29 AM

Hi all. I am between 5 and 6 weeks. RAL-I was going to respond to your question from a few days ago about eating, well maybe I will anyway. Eating has been a problem, almost an obsession. It is almost like after that 1st drink, you have to have more until you can't anymore. Hopefully this will pass.

As for the lockdowns. So sorry and I can't even imagine. I will curb most of my comments, but let's just say that schools have been open in Florida this entire school year. All businesses are open and Florida is in the bottom half of the states for infections, and dropping.

Zura 02-18-2021 12:19 PM

Good Morning All
Big hugs for the whole group, it's all a bit poo for everyone right now for various reasons.

Hey Bob - glad things have opened up in Florida and it's going ok ☺️ congrats on your ever extending sobriety 🎉 the food stuff must be frustrating but I guess it's the lesser of two evils 🤷
​​​