SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24-hour Recovery Connections Part 513 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/451758-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-513-a.html)

ChloeRose63 01-15-2021 03:44 AM

24 more.

venuscat 01-15-2021 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Tanky (Post 7575697)
Fell down, getting back up again for 24 please.

Onward together dearest Tanky! :hug: ❤️

Saskia 01-15-2021 04:02 AM

In for another 24

abcowboy 01-15-2021 04:09 AM

“Never regret a day in your life: Good days give happiness, bad days give experience, worst days give lessons, and best days give memories.” – Unknown

5:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

venuscat 01-15-2021 04:22 AM

This is a list of everyone who posted their commitment to stay sober in the last 24 hours: 9 am EST ~ 8.59 am EST....(ish :)).

It is awesome to have every single one of you here with us! :) :hug:

1newcreation
12JSAngel21
abcowboy
Amy1
aussieblue
Awake61
Babs1234
badgerden
Bailey3
bandicoot2
BarbieKen
BassetDog
BringingBackB
Bubovski
BuddinK
Canadian Koala
Cascabel
CeeFarro
Chancellor
ChloeRose63
Citrus
Coldfusion
copperfield
CrossYourHeart
Daisybelle
Dee74
Delilah1
DreamCatcher17
Endoftheday
erfra7
Erica375
FormerBeerLover
freedomfries
Gabe1980
gatorman
Gilmer (RIP)
Goat
goose333
Hevyn
IcedVoVo
Jillga
joandmelandhan
julietUK
Kaneda8888
Kaptn
kenton
kevlarsjal2

Kris47
LateBloominCait

least
LillianGish
Lixie
Lostmyoffswitch
lyddie
Mags1

Nic233
nmd
Noam19
Optimist4ever57
owen90
PhoenixJ
Pinky1
Purplrks3647
Quincy
quitter62
Rainman1
Red78
Reid82
Saskia
SnoozyQ
Sober369
soberista
SoberLeigh
Sobertoday54
Soberwolf
stargazer016
StartAnew68
Sunflowerlife
Tanky
tgirl
theVman31
TiredCarpenter
tomls
Treesofgreen
Tynesider22
Upstairs
venuscat
Walnut1

whopper
Willow68
yukonm
zeppodog
Zencat

Onward together! :grouphug:

https://i.imgur.com/joKD2z0.jpg
Thank you dear abcowboy. :) :hug:

January 15, 2021

https://i.imgur.com/oPVP3eu.gif
Willow68 ~ 1 week!
tomls ~ 4 years & 3 months!
Quincy ~ 4 years & 5 months!

https://i.imgur.com/8DoFCpF.gif

Bailey3 01-15-2021 04:40 AM

Good morning, everyone! I’m in for another sober day.

Congrats to today’s celebrants and all who are sober today.

The neighbors house blew up and caught fire yesterday. He’s a rather big guy. It took four of us to pull him through a window before the fire got going. I’m glad I was sober yesterday. I wish I knew how to upload a photo because it was quite the fire.

[img]blob:https://www.soberrecovery.com/b9167bc7-9299-4097-80e6-07f7d17d148b[/img]

venuscat 01-15-2021 04:43 AM

Can't see the pic love.....but OMG.....that is terrible and also fantastic that you guys saved your neighbour!!! :hug: s xxx ❤️❤️

Canadian Koala 01-15-2021 04:48 AM

24 more please

:thanks

Noam19 01-15-2021 04:51 AM

Good morning everyone. 7:46am in Indiana. Last night my wife and I had a short conversation with our oldest son's math teacher for a parent/teacher conference. He had been struggling earlier in the year, we made some decisions about how to handle the class this year and next with him. The teacher said he's been a new kid lately. He's also been motivated in his sports, good grades, working out with me in the mornings and overall just seems really happy. His brother started the year complaining about swim, quit for about 6 weeks, and then decided to come back and has been crushing it. His school work really good too. I was laying in bed last night thinking about how they have been different kids the last 4 or 5 months...then made the connection that I've not been drinking for over 5 months. I got teary eyed thinking about how maybe some of the issues they were having was because they had a father who was not in a good place. My sobriety has, even though I'm still doing this for me, has had an incredible impact on them. I had no idea how much I was holding them back just through the emotional sadness they may have been having.

Alcohol is so powerful. I'm thrilled that I'm in for the next 24.

abcowboy 01-15-2021 04:52 AM

Thanks again everyone! Yep 1New, I'm getting pretty long in the tooth for sure!

But there's a lesson in my story for everyone as well. I turned 58 the day I put the booze down for good. What that means is that I drank away a good 40 years of my life, don't let that happen to you! I'm lucky in that I didn't face any "drastic" situations from my drinking, but I still did some stupid things and said many more things I wish I could take back.

I love being part of this thread and the people I've got to know and become friends with. It doesn't matter what age you are, but the earlier you quit, the more fulfilling years you have ahead of you. It doesn't matter if you're still struggling or if you have years of sobriety behind you, we're all the same, just one drink away from being a drunk again.

And that's one of the reasons I'm here, I need to take it one day at a time, just like everyone else...

abcowboy 01-15-2021 04:57 AM

That's scary @Bailey3 ! Good on you and the neighbor's for being there and getting him out! Being sober does have it's advantages, even if we don't always see them right away just like in @Noam19 's situation with his kids!

venuscat 01-15-2021 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Noam19 (Post 7575810)
Good morning everyone. 7:46am in Indiana. Last night my wife and I had a short conversation with our oldest son's math teacher for a parent/teacher conference. He had been struggling earlier in the year, we made some decisions about how to handle the class this year and next with him. The teacher said he's been a new kid lately. He's also been motivated in his sports, good grades, working out with me in the mornings and overall just seems really happy. His brother started the year complaining about swim, quit for about 6 weeks, and then decided to come back and has been crushing it. His school work really good too. I was laying in bed last night thinking about how they have been different kids the last 4 or 5 months...then made the connection that I've not been drinking for over 5 months. I got teary eyed thinking about how maybe some of the issues they were having was because they had a father who was not in a good place. My sobriety has, even though I'm still doing this for me, has had an incredible impact on them. I had no idea how much I was holding them back just through the emotional sadness they may have been having.

Alcohol is so powerful. I'm thrilled that I'm in for the next 24.

(((Noam))) ❤️

You have given them the gift of being present. :)
They know their dad cares about them and is there for them always.
That is pretty wonderful. :) :hug: s

venuscat 01-15-2021 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by abcowboy (Post 7575811)
Thanks again everyone! Yep 1New, I'm getting pretty long in the tooth for sure!

But there's a lesson in my story for everyone as well. I turned 58 the day I put the booze down for good. What that means is that I drank away a good 40 years of my life, don't let that happen to you! I'm lucky in that I didn't face any "drastic" situations from my drinking, but I still did some stupid things and said many more things I wish I could take back.

I love being part of this thread and the people I've got to know and become friends with. It doesn't matter what age you are, but the earlier you quit, the more fulfilling years you have ahead of you. It doesn't matter if you're still struggling or if you have years of sobriety behind you, we're all the same, just one drink away from being a drunk again.

And that's one of the reasons I'm here, I need to take it one day at a time, just like everyone else...

:) Can't leave this post on the last page. :) ❤️

Walnut1 01-15-2021 05:23 AM

Another 24!

Cascabel 01-15-2021 05:52 AM

It’s 6:52 am MST in SE Arizona. I’m ready for another sober day.

zeppodog 01-15-2021 05:55 AM

Taking wife skiing and I'll go explore some forest service roads, going to be a long day. Happy sober Friday.

stargazer016 01-15-2021 06:13 AM

Great story Noam. In all honesty, I quit drinking not for myself, but for my kids. I wanted to actually "be there" as they grew up into teenagers.

In for another 24 hours please at 9:13 am.

Best wishes all!

lyddie 01-15-2021 06:29 AM

Another 24 for me please

theVman31 01-15-2021 06:34 AM

howdy all,

In for 24.

15:33 France

Optimist4ever57 01-15-2021 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tanky (Post 7575697)
Fell down, getting back up again for 24 please.

Sorry about your fall, but glad you're here. One of the things that helped me so much in the first couple of weeks was my "plan". If "a trigger" occurs then I will "my reaction" was a huge help to me. I listed my triggers and then decided what I would do it they occurred. I'm going to find the link and just keep it handy as it is extremely helpful. You must be willing to take a good, hard look at yourself for it to work. At least that was my experience. Hang in there and keep posting!
:grouphug:

Edit:
http://www.npaihb.org/wp-content/upl...r-recovery.pdf