SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2020 part 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/449803-class-october-2020-part-1-a.html)

Citrus 10-24-2020 11:36 AM

Hi all. Day 4. Just got home from cross country, brrrr... that was a cold meet! I stayed pretty warm with lots of layers and hot hands and toes. Super glad to be non-hungover this morning.
I slept well last night, but only for 4ish hours. I have tons of anxiety about a lot of things going on right now. Trying to just be present and keep saying this to shall pass.
We have a little shopping we have to do this afternoon once our oldest son makes it home from the meet. Our chickens need food, hubby new jeans (that I've put off long as possible) and some yarn for beanies my son wants me to make for his running teammates for next weekend. No stopping for beer!
I know hubby has some around, I could hear him crack them open after I went to bed. I realize I am just going to have to learn to be ok with him drinking some. His beer is not here for me. I have plenty other nice things to drink that won't make me feel like crap!

DariaM 10-24-2020 12:01 PM

I just made a batch of iced green tea. Down to my last can of soda, so going to try to switch back to drinking healthier beverages. However, if it comes down to drinking alcohol or soda, I'll go buy more soda.

Dee74 10-24-2020 01:55 PM

Congrats to all you weekers! :)

D

Backtogood 10-24-2020 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Phil71els (Post 7531018)
Good morning. The rain has just stopped here, and I woke up sober and hangover free :) Day 7 starting (Saturday).
Feeling almost normal this morning although it is still early but so far so good. Yesterday was decent, managed to keep my tolerance levels up as for a few days I was letting stupid small annoyances really get to me and was being total unreasonable sometimes. It wasnt all plain sailing but so much better. I see my mood changing and becoming better every day sober. I do not want to go back to the alternative.
For all those at a similar time in stopping, things should start to get easier, especially once we hit into Monday.
I will not drink today.

congrats on day 7!

ReadyAtLast 10-25-2020 01:42 AM

I've been reading but was scared to post in here as feel like such a failure. I'm on day 3, it's Sunday morning here and I've got through the weekend sober. Slept pretty well considering. Going to take it easy today, hopefully starting to feel better by tomorrow day 4 when I go back to work.

Congrats to you all on your sober time and thanks for the support here.

Dee74 10-25-2020 01:48 AM

welcome RAL :)

D

ReadyAtLast 10-25-2020 01:50 AM

Thanks Dee.

venuscat 10-25-2020 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 7531531)
I've been reading but was scared to post in here as feel like such a failure. I'm on day 3, it's Sunday morning here and I've got through the weekend sober. Slept pretty well considering. Going to take it easy today, hopefully starting to feel better by tomorrow day 4 when I go back to work.

Congrats to you all on your sober time and thanks for the support here.

Wonderful to see you honey. :) :hug: s

You are not a failure.....as long as we don't give up we are moving in the right direction.
Sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly as they say in AA.

And always together. :hug: s xx ❤️

ReadyAtLast 10-25-2020 06:25 AM

Thanks Venus, how are you ?

Citrus 10-25-2020 01:39 PM

Hi RAL, glad to see you here!

It has been a rough afternoon around here. My 19 yo daughter is living at home again and causing a lot of friction and drama. She needs us, but it's been hard. Plus she has a dog who is also living with us and that has been.... something... to say the least.

So AV has been very loud. I just had some tea. About to make a snack. Knitting and watching a football game with my boys. I want very badly to make it to day 6.

Love to all. :hug:

Backtogood 10-25-2020 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Citrus (Post 7531787)
Hi RAL, glad to see you here!

It has been a rough afternoon around here. My 19 yo daughter is living at home again and causing a lot of friction and drama. She needs us, but it's been hard. Plus she has a dog who is also living with us and that has been.... something... to say the least.

So AV has been very loud. I just had some tea. About to make a snack. Knitting and watching a football game with my boys. I want very badly to make it to day 6.

Love to all. :hug:

I'll sorry things are stressful, that's hard. I'm thinking of you, remember drinking isn't going to help anything and 2marrow you'll be so happy when you wake up sober.

ReadyAtLast 10-25-2020 01:53 PM

Hi Citrus
Sorry to hear youve had a rough day and have a lot to deal with right now. You know a drink won't make any of it any better, just make you feel worse and less able to deal with stuff. stay strong and sober-you can do this :)

Dee74 10-25-2020 02:03 PM

Hi guys for those who are new we close threads at around 500 posts and open a new part.

Your new part two is here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D