SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of January 2020 PART 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447452-class-january-2020-part-7-a.html)

Dee74 05-15-2020 05:53 AM

Class of January 2020 PART 7

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part6-20.html

D

Lixie 05-15-2020 06:17 AM

Shotgun!

venuscat 05-15-2020 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cityboy (Post 7444837)
Glad you had a lovely day buttermarsh.

Venus, I think that my story about the dogs and rabbits was not very uplifting. Sorry. Maybe this is better. We have three wild rabbits living in our yard. They are out most every evening and they are so used to us that they barely bother to run or even make a feeble attempt to hide. A couple of days ago there was a large doe deer with a tiny fawn way in the back yard. It could only have been a few days old, if that, because it could hardly keep up with its mother and was just kind of hobbling along. Didn't see any of them today because I was out doing stuff in the yard.!

This is a little trick my husband taught me that I love.....I can quote from closed threads.
Well we all can if you click on 'permalink' and copy the post number, then quote a live post and change the post no. and username and message. :)

I am thrilled that it works in the new skin. :)

CB.....so much love and gratitude. That is a lovely story.
If you have any suggestions for how I recover from yesterday, I will be very grateful.
Not sure how I stop seeing and hearing that in my head and I do not know how to get over my guilt. :hug: s xx

jr67 05-15-2020 08:04 AM

Happy Friday, folks.

Taking a quick break between tasks at work -- actually, between sub-parts of a larger project that I hope to have in good shape in the next few hours, allowing me a relatively guilt-free weekend to do yard work and other outdoor stuff in the beautiful spring weather (after the thunderstorms forecast for later today).

We had a new fence installed yesterday (hence my early-morning yardwork yesterday to clear the area for the fence folks); now we get to decide what to plant along the new fence line. There should be lots of time for gardening this year, as most traveling seems to be off the table.

Good to hear from everyone.

venuscat 05-15-2020 08:23 AM

Hello dear jr. :) :hug: s ❤️

ButterMarsh 05-15-2020 01:16 PM

Hi friends.

jr, yard work on the weekend sounds like a treat. It's always uplifting to get some outdoor work done. Congrats on the new fence. What new plants do you intend to put along it?

dlb, yes, things seem to be getting more relaxed here too, with restaurants opening up and all. I really pray that we're not hit with a resurgence in the disease. It's been nice seeing people out and about and seeing old faces again, like our local ice cream man, lol.

CB, I hope you enjoyed your boating...

Lixie, how was your day today?

I had a good day overall. I'm tired, though, so I'll again turn in early.

Good night, everyone.

venuscat 05-15-2020 01:23 PM

Goodnight lovely one. :) :hug: s ❤️

Cityboy 05-16-2020 04:40 AM

Morning all.

Had a great little outing yesterday morning catching panfish. My friend/customer seemed to have a good time. A little sore this morning, but it's a good sore.

Buttermarsh, how is your mini fasting going? For the last couple of months I've mostly just been trying to avoid binge eating and have mostly succeeded, it's just terribly slow progress.

Jr, hope you got your project in good shape. I need to proofread a report from Thursday this morning and do some other miscellaneous office stuff. I have a fence/gate project I would like to get done this weekend also.

Dontlookback, I'll see if I can find that documentary you suggested. Getting out is a large part of my work, so I've not been cooped up like many people.

I expect that health issues associated with being stuck inside will become a large problem soon as well if people don't begin returning to their previous routines.

A very close friend sent me a text last night that he has been exposed to someone who tested positive at work this week, as did everyone in his department. As of now he is in 14 day isolation at his family's weekend place outside of the city an hour away. He goes back to get tested on Monday.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.

Cityboy 05-16-2020 04:47 AM

Good job on shotgun Lixie.

dontlookbacchus 05-16-2020 04:54 AM

Good morning

I hope everyone is doing well.

In my neighbourhood we have people who search through all the recycle bins for bottles, cans etc.
For many, this is their main income, I think. With the recycle dumps closed during the lock-down neighbours bottles and cans now spill out over the street. During my morning jogs this week you really see a snapshot of peoples habits. I can only imagine what mine would look like now.
The reason I was always so nice to the folks digging through my recycle bin each day is that they would take away all the evidence. I could tell myself nothing happened. And as nothing happened, what about a celebratory drink or two, and really help the guys digging for bottles.

It all seems so ugly now. Sad and lost. It is amazing how the mind can rationalise the worst things.

That said, it is a very different life now. There are achievable goals and optimism now. Like all of us, I am a long way off where I want to be but progress is being made. This forum, and you guys, are such a big part of that.

Have a healthy, happy, safe and sober weekend all.

dlb

venuscat 05-16-2020 05:16 AM

You too dearest bacchus and all of you. :) :hug: s ❤️

ButterMarsh 05-16-2020 05:27 AM

Yes, dlb, drinking is such a sad and lost business, isn't it? I'm forever thankful to be out of it at last, and on the road to recovery, with you all.

CB, my fasting is going well, in that I have been able to sustain it without a single cheat day, lol. It's the eating windows I'm having a problem with; it's been a challenge to eat healthy consistently so I have some good days, some junk days and days when I don't eat enough at all. This should even out with time, though. I'm too busy with the kids during the day to focus much on that.

My Saturday is good so far. I've managed to squeeze in a long morning walk and I look forward to getting out again later with the kids.

Off to do some house work now....

butters.

ButterMarsh 05-16-2020 05:29 AM

Regarding the fasting, however, I must mention that I've lost about 5kgs in the one month since I started doing it. That's something...

Cityboy 05-16-2020 05:29 AM

As part of my whole management system, I would often keep the "evidence" separate from the household recycling. The previous night's cans and/or bottles would often go into the box they came in, or a small trash bag, and would go straight to the trash storage at the shed to be hauled off. But the recycling tubs still stayed full of beer cans and bottles with the wine bottles mixed in, and an occasional liquor bottle.

Cityboy 05-16-2020 05:45 AM

Five kilograms is great. I put on 3-4 kilos during the first 30 days after quitting due to binge eating and hitting all the sweets and junk food I could find. From the last 3 months, I'm down about 4 kilos from where I started. Now it's just very slow progress. About 17.5 kilos to get where I was when my wife and I were dating 28 years ago.

ButterMarsh 05-16-2020 06:18 AM

Is it your goal to lose 17.5kgs? It certainly is doable... I found myself recently stressing over losing an extra 4 kilos to get to my late 20s pre-pregnancy weight. I have since re-examined that and decided to just go with the flow. I'm honestly happy where I am now so I don't need to work any harder.

I forgot to say earlier that I hope your friend remains healthy and well, despite being exposed. Prayers to them in their quarantine.

Cityboy 05-16-2020 08:54 AM

Trying lighthouse picture again. Looks like it's going to go.

https://i.postimg.cc/RhZT3CM6/Robert...ight-House.jpg

Cityboy 05-16-2020 10:09 AM

Short diversion between office projects.

Cool, success!

I think I tried this picture a couple of weeks ago but couldn't get it to work. Please forgive me if I've already posted it.

It is of course a chance to show off my kid holding up a couple of fish.

In the right background, you can see St. Mark's Light House. It can be googled if anyone is so inclined. Not much to read. This is in a very sparsely populated region of Florida. It was built in the early part of the 1800s during the expansion/pioneer time in which Florida had recently been won, or bartered for, by English speaking people. The indigenous Florida natives had all been wiped off the face of the earth and the creek and/or Miccosuki people had relocated to this part of Florida to become the Seminoles, then were driven further southeast. It was also during this time that Cityboy's family came to Florida. Mom's family settled about 100 miles east of this light house after Cityboy's GGGGF came across from England, enlisted in the US Army, and was sent to Central Florida to fight Chief Osceola during the Second Seminole War. Dad's family, who had been involved in the American Revolution, settled about 50 miles northeast from this light house and would soon be called into service again, this time for the Confederacy. The Union Army launched a campaign up the St Marks River, which is just west of this light house, to capture the capitol of Florida in the later stages of the Civil War, but failed. Cityboy's GGGF, and his two brothers, had been sent elsewhere. Not much happening in that part of the state as development has thus far overlooked it. Possibly because it lacks the beautiful sandy beaches that people imagine when they think of coming to Florida for a vacation.

I remember that I had drank two and a half beers on the way in from that fishing trip. I remember because there was an FWC boat in the river entrance checking people and I pored out the last half of #3 in case we got checked. So much energy spent on the management, like "how many can I drink and still not get a BUI?" Now I can reflect and think about how stupid it was that I felt like I had to drink beer on a fishing trip with my kid.

Should really try to get some work done now.

venuscat 05-16-2020 10:12 AM

That is fascinating history love, and yes, it was lovely seeing your son holding up the fish. :)

(But as a chic, I am thinking ewwwww, greasy fish scales, and smelly hands.....ha ha ha, when I caught the biggest flathead anyone had seen in Phillip Island Vic Aus.....got it to take the bait that is, it took both my dad and uncle to reel it in, we took a photo as well. I was in the front smiling and they were holding the fish. :)).

Cityboy 05-16-2020 10:20 AM

Picture of the flathead?