SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2020 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/447024-class-march-2020-part-4-a.html)

Be123 05-18-2020 10:47 AM

Here certain employers can ask for medical records. But my GP was very good (and chuffed I was teetotal!) and so said she'd speak to me before giving them a report. It depends on the employer what level of detail they ask for.

If I am offered it...I'll definitely take it. It's a good job. Staying away from home will be a challenge to my sobriety but I'll face it as just that - a challenge that I'll overcome. Being away during week is the best I can do for the long term good of our marriage, giving some space and time, and if the marriage doesn't work out then I'll have a job at least (joke, but only a semi joke)

venuscat 05-18-2020 10:58 AM

In Aus, or at least in Melbourne, job-related medicals are done by the employer. They can't get anyone's medical records.
I guess you have to OK it, is that right?

I hope all of this works out for you dear Be. The wonderful job and your marriage. :hug: s xx

Tinkerbeau 05-18-2020 12:20 PM

Good luck with the job interview Be all sounds positive. Fresh starts are maybe what we need.
I'm still very up and down about everything but I'm getting through it.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Billymacintosh 05-18-2020 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Be123 (Post 7446914)
Haha my life is a fecking soap opera!

Found out this evening that I've got an interview for a good job that is based 100 miles from my home. It's the one I would really like and would mean staying away mon-friday for a good while (with the possibility of working from home a bit more developing as time goes on).

I won't name them but it's with an extremely large and well known employer who do lots of checks and so possibly wouldn't start until January, if I am lucky enough to be successful (shocked face).

Tink you'll have to give me interview tips, what with your 100% success rate!!

Theyll also do medical checks and i rang my doctor when I applied and checked out how much of my drinking career she would have to reveal. Not too much - but enough to make me nervous. Yet again glad to be sober

That's amazing Be, well done! Agree with Venus though, why should your doctor tell them anything? Do you have to declare that you have never had problems with alcohol or something? Hope all goes well - looking forward to hearing about it!
Billy
x

Billymacintosh 05-18-2020 01:09 PM

Good evening everyone :)
Just got home from a busy day at work, looking forward to a day off tomorrow, apparently the weather is good (again!) Nothing much to report really - just ticking over as usual and feeling pretty good about everything, Be, hope you are feeling a little less anxious
love to all
Billy x

venuscat 05-18-2020 01:32 PM

So much love dear Tink. :hug: s ❤️

You too Billy. :hug: ❤️

Bilr44 05-18-2020 03:22 PM

So I posted earlier and hit post quick reply and the post vanished into thin air. Doing well here tonight, not going to repost the original, just hi everybody.

venuscat 05-18-2020 03:32 PM

Hi Bil. Sorry you lost your post.... :hug: s
Glad you are doing well....what is on the agenda for the evening? :) ❤️

Bilr44 05-18-2020 04:48 PM

Agenda: eating now, then Netflix whilst on my iPad. Exciting evening in store here. Hey, better doing this sober though.

venuscat 05-18-2020 04:50 PM

Have you seen the netflix show The Ozarks....I dare you to be bored for a single second.
A friend here put me onto it and I watched all three series as quick as I could.
Just wow. :) :hug: s

Bilr44 05-18-2020 05:16 PM

I tried Ozarks and couldn’t get into it, but I was drinking back then. Maybe I will give it another try. I am a very fickle tv watcher, my wife can watch anything.

venuscat 05-18-2020 05:51 PM

I think you are a man of taste Bil, is all.
You require your TV watching to be of the highest quality.
And really, that is about me. :lmao:

Bilr44 05-18-2020 06:38 PM

Man of taste, haha you are funny, lol. Actually I laugh at some of the most low brow stuff out there.

venuscat 05-18-2020 06:45 PM

:) OK....he he.

I am off to bed now....love and goodnight Bil. :hug: s ❤️❤️

Dee74 05-18-2020 08:20 PM

new thread

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-5-a.html